suicide?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tryingtofindhim

IT DOES! Me and you did that and it made life way easier!
Yes, it did. ha ha! :) When two people have totally different views and you win, generally its isn't a fact that you won, but that the person is fed up and annoyed so they'll say anything for you to shut up. heh! I do that a lot.

C

Cako53

Yes, it did. ha ha! :) When two people have totally different views and you win, generally its isn't a fact that you won, but that the person is fed up and annoyed so they'll say anything for you to shut up. heh! I do that a lot.
lol, this is true. I find that fights online are pointless. even if you do win, you still look like an idiot.

Dec 19, 2009
so this is a sensitive topic, so let's try to keep it civil. where do you think christians go if they commit suicide? do they keep there salvation or is it lost b/c they go against God's timing?

my friends and i have been talking about it and i'm just wondering what you all think. thanks for your opinions! let's try to keep it nice :)
Why would a Christian commit suicide? That is the question.

We have something greater than any non- Christian has. A loving Heavenly Father who sent His only begotten Son to die for ALL of us undeserving sinners on the cross.
He died to bear our sins. The sins we should pay the price for, but we don't because Jesus paid the price for us. When we foul up, Jesus paid for that, when we let him down and go astray, Jesus paid for that, when wee don't live as we should, Jesus paid for that. All of our shortcommings. Jesus paid for them. In fact he paid the price of everything we do that is wrong. That is Grace. What love

We Are saved by Grace through faith, and this faith is not of ourselves it is the gift of God bestowed on us. We cannot get to Heaven by being 'good enough' or earning our way there.
We have one righteousness that is all. Trusting that Jesus died for our sins. It is faith in that, that makes our loving Heavenly Father look down at us from Heaven with nothing but love for us.
When we know our life is a mess, and we cannot change things, GREAT. We then learn the secret of how to have victory in our lives. We turn to Jesus completely and trust in Him. He will do the work in us through the Holy Spirit. I am convinced that many times God allows us to despair of our inability in our own strength in situations, so that we will turn to Jesus who is eagerly waiting for us to come to Him with our problems.

He loves us. He gave His life for us. Will he not help us when we cry out to Him. None of us deserve it. If we did, he needn't have died.
The righteous (Jesus) died for the unrighteous, not the righteous.
True sin is not trusting in Jesus.
'In regard to sin, because men do not believe in me.' John16:9

God wants us to be happy, not sad. The Apostle Paul was happy, deleriously happy as a Christian. Yet he was shipwrecked, hounded, went without food, five times he received the thirty nine lashes for being a Christian. Was he a better person than you? Not in himself, no. He had been a blasphemer. To use his own words. The worst of sinners.
But he learned of GRACE.
You are saved by grace, through faith. That is your justification, that is your righteousness, and faith in Jesus is your victory, through the power of the Holy Spirt.
Do not think of suicide. Rather learn how to be truly happy in Jesus!

Kathleen

Oct 13, 2009
okaii then Caleb

we shall agree to disagree then?

F

FirePanther

Why would a Christian commit suicide? That is the question.

We have something greater than any non- Christian has. A loving Heavenly Father who sent His only begotten Son to die for ALL of us undeserving sinners on the cross.
He died to bear our sins. The sins we should pay the price for, but we don't because Jesus paid the price for us. When we foul up, Jesus paid for that, when we let him down and go astray, Jesus paid for that, when wee don't live as we should, Jesus paid for that. All of our shortcommings. Jesus paid for them. In fact he paid the price of everything we do that is wrong. That is Grace. What love

We Are saved by Grace through faith, and this faith is not of ourselves it is the gift of God bestowed on us. We cannot get to Heaven by being 'good enough' or earning our way there.
We have one righteousness that is all. Trusting that Jesus died for our sins. It is faith in that, that makes our loving Heavenly Father look down at us from Heaven with nothing but love for us.
When we know our life is a mess, and we cannot change things, GREAT. We then learn the secret of how to have victory in our lives. We turn to Jesus completely and trust in Him. He will do the work in us through the Holy Spirit. I am convinced that many times God allows us to despair of our inability in our own strength in situations, so that we will turn to Jesus who is eagerly waiting for us to come to Him with our problems.

He loves us. He gave His life for us. Will he not help us when we cry out to Him. None of us deserve it. If we did, he needn't have died.
The righteous (Jesus) died for the unrighteous, not the righteous.
True sin is not trusting in Jesus.
'In regard to sin, because men do not believe in me.' John16:9

God wants us to be happy, not sad. The Apostle Paul was happy, deleriously happy as a Christian. Yet he was shipwrecked, hounded, went without food, five times he received the thirty nine lashes for being a Christian. Was he a better person than you? Not in himself, no. He had been a blasphemer. To use his own words. The worst of sinners.
But he learned of GRACE.
You are saved by grace, through faith. That is your justification, that is your righteousness, and faith in Jesus is your victory, through the power of the Holy Spirt.
Do not think of suicide. Rather learn how to be truly happy in Jesus!
I think this is a nice answer ;)

Dec 19, 2009
I think this is a nice answer ;)
Let love be my strength and I think life is made to rejoice

That is a good attitude.

Be joyful always. 1Thes5:16

The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love Gal5:6

It isn't a Christianity of legalism. It is one of submission to God. If we do not submit thet is when the problems tend to get out of hand. Some say. "I cannot submit."
Absolutely. But if we ask Jesus to bring us to submission and trust him to answer our prayer, he will. He will always answer us, it is whether we trust him
Some will say. I haven't enough faith.
Yes you do. You couldn't be a Christian without faith.

It is when we look to ourselves we doubt. It is when we persevere in looking to Jesus, even when times are tough we find strength from him.
What for us is totally impossible, is for him entirely possible

Peter started to walk on the water towards Jesus, but then looked down at the sea and started to sink.
If he had of kept looking to Jesus he wouldn't have done
How true that is for our Christian lives.
If you lack something, ask for it, you will be given it.

Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you. Fot everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks the door will be opened.
Which of you if his son asks for bread will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish will you give him a snake?
If you then though you are evil know how to give good gifts to your children. How much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him. Matt7:7-11
You don't have to deserve these gifts, none of us ever could deserve them, we simply have to ask and receive

T

twin17

i have always been tought you cant lose your salvation and i totally aggree with it... no matter what you do afte you have asked jesus in to your life you will still go to heaven because god promises to forgive you

C

Cako53

okaii then Caleb

we shall agree to disagree then?
YAY!
i have always been tought you cant lose your salvation and i totally aggree with it... no matter what you do afte you have asked jesus in to your life you will still go to heaven because god promises to forgive you
I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, but just because you were raised that way, doesn't mean you have to believe it. I do understand that how you were raised does have a HUGE iumpact on what you believe though.

S

swimlove2029

Suicide is a sensitive topic but i believe that if you do decide to commit suicide then you would have to show that u want salvation for you judgement. I just became christian but this is what i believe.

P

pente_girl92

Ok someone copied the verse about how nothing can seprate us from the love of God..this is 100% true..but you can't mistake love for salvation.Honey just because you ask for forgiveness and all that doesn't mean you are saved!You aren't saved until you are past those pearly white gates!!!God loves the sinner, the backslider, and the Saint of God all equally.some of yall are saying that you can do whatever you want after you ask God to forgive you and you will still go to Heaven!!First off how do you know?second off what kinda mentality is that?do you read your Bible?God wants us to be a light for Him!!to say your a Christian then go off and do worldly things doesn't please God.With Jesus living on the inside on you why would you want to do anything besides glorify HIM?!!
(1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NIV) [19] Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; [20] you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
(1 Corinthians 3:16-17 NIV) [16] Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? [17] If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God&'s temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

I personally use KJV put NIV puts this extremely simple.

W

wwjd_kilden

I am scared to see how many who believe that each time you sin you are cut off from salvation.... if that is true, most of us are going to hell
I am veru sure all of us sin in some way at least once a day, wether knowing or not, and unless we say "sorry" to God all the time, how can we make sure to be free of sin?

I strongly believe Jesus died for the sins I am to commit, not only those I ask forgiveness for

F

FirePanther

I am scared to see how many who believe that each time you sin you are cut off from salvation.... if that is true, most of us are going to hell
I am veru sure all of us sin in some way at least once a day, wether knowing or not, and unless we say "sorry" to God all the time, how can we make sure to be free of sin?

I strongly believe Jesus died for the sins I am to commit, not only those I ask forgiveness for
I believe the right thing is to have a balance between saying that you can lose your salvation just with a sin or a mistake you do and saying that you can't lose salvation so you can do whatever you want and live sinning.. Both are really unbiblical.The balance in my opinion is that you do your best to serve God and to live like he wants (that is the best for us) and repent from your sins but if you sin unwillingly than you ask forgivness and God in his mercy will forgive you.. Without a balance both way to believe could deceive you. The only thing is that today an easy Gospel is preached, i'm not judging but it's really sad to see people believing God just for their needings and accepting only the good things of him... :( then when we're christian just when it's convenient

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wwjd_kilden

that is true

like I said before: If I sin, knowing then and there that I do sin, and don't regret, than I'm probably going to hell if I die, but if I do not think of it at that moment, but normally try to live Gods way, I firmly believe the blood of Christ has saved me if I die at that moment

G

Garrison

If you kill yourself, you are murdering yourself. Genesis says "Thou shalt not murder"... Why should we even argue about it???