Sunburns!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sadkitty

Jun 11, 2015
Just curious what other people use on their sunburns. Last couple of days I was at the pool a lot with family, and I got careless with my sunblock. My shoulders got it good. Bleh.

Anyone care to share any home remedies they might have? :)

U

Ugly

See if you can find an aloe plant at a local store. Just cut pieces of it off and rub the fluid inside against the burn areas. Even most store bought sunburn creams use aloe.

O

oldthennew

really good advice from ugly - we have used aloe for many years for many things
with awesome results.

also, in the bath or shower, rinse with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water,
very soothing and it feels like it is drawing out the heat.:):)

May 25, 2015
Just curious what other people use on their sunburns. Last couple of days I was at the pool a lot with family, and I got careless with my sunblock. My shoulders got it good. Bleh.

Anyone care to share any home remedies they might have? :)
I was also going to refer to aloe.

Plus, I know it'll be torture, but take cold showers. Heat irritates the sunburn :)

Here is also five ways to treat a sunburn:
Five Ways to Treat a Sunburn - SkinCancer.org

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
really good advice from ugly - we have used aloe for many years for many things
with awesome results.

also, in the bath or shower, rinse with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water,
very soothing and it feels like it is drawing out the heat.:):)

Cider vinegar is the bomb for sunburns. Drench a few paper towels in it and place them on your sunburn.. works like a charm, and it DOESN'T sting.. :)

Feb 7, 2015
Strong tea. Or, just go to the drug store, and buy a spray can of Solarcane.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Natural yoghurt

Also have a look Here

Yawheh Shalom

Sadkitty

Jun 11, 2015
Thank you all for your posts. ^_^

I was all like...

b6ef585ae60081e21c2b4cf99087fe7fbf01f09d9a609b984a0c3d02f1944b30.jpg

Now I'm all like...

cat-suggest-sun-protection.jpg

:D:D

Last edited:
V

VioletReigns

I agree with the aloe and the vinegar, they both have worked wonderfully for me in the past. I never tried the tea, but if Willie says it works, I'd believe him. :eek:

For prevention of sunburn, eating antioxidant-rich foods will help keep your skin from sun damage and also helps you to absorb vitamin D, which is essential in maintaining proper calcium levels that promote strong teeth and bones. I have very fair skin and do not tan much at all. But I can be in the sunlight for hours and never burn. I eat a lot of green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, etc. and use olive oil in just about everything.

I don't use sunscreen or sunblock anymore because it prevents my skin from sweating naturally and blocks out the healthy rays of the sun. Google "preventing sunburn naturally" for more information. :)

Last edited:

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
my new go-to is coca butter cream. I had a nasty sun and wind burn last fall, and started using that, made it feel better right away, and cleared it up in about a week.

W

wwjd_kilden

Aloe is great, but I personally get itchy when it "flakes" when drying.
Fatty creams are good (i.e. body butter).
Remember to cover up so you don't burn on top of the burn, because that really hurts
(keep in mind that strong sun can go through light clothing)

Aug 26, 2014
I've been burned a few times by the sun. What works best for me is a cool (not cold) shower.

K

KJB

Aww dude hope you're feeling better now. Aloe Gel was always my to go to if I didnt have an aloe plant.

H

HappyGuy

Aloe Gel is excellent for sunburns. As when I did get sunburned a few times I once used Aloe Gel and it helped alot.

T

Tinuviel

Aloe, or (not natural, but it works REALLY well,) Listerine mouthwash is what we use, or if it is really bad (and this works well for other burns also), steep black tea bags in boiling water, and either put the burn in the tea or put the tea bags on the burn, but please, PLEASE, cool the tea with ice first, otherwise it will be extremely painful!