Sunday worship / Christmas / Easter and all the rest....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
No, there is nothing in the Bible that would suggest getting out of bed and putting on clothes is not allowed on the Sabbath. The Sabbath was a day dedicated to spend with God. It is crucial to have a day set aside where no one is working, the family can get together and everyone knows it is a day to spend in fellowship with God. Also, not using the electric gizmos could include turning on TV, laptops, smartphones, and all kinds of toys like boats.

It is very clear from the first page to the last page that God intends for us to spend time with Him. That we have set aside special days in the year, in the month and in the week. It is a sign of societal collapse when they don't have that.
Most Christians do have that. On sunday. You're just splitting hairs because you think they're worshiping on the wrong day

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Which has nothing to do with any day of the week.

Did you read the actual verse?

By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete.
Aha...are you saying God started planned obsolescence?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
According to Jewish sabbath law, just traveling anymore than a particular distance was considered a Sabbath
I remember reading somewhere that some of them wouldn't even have a bowel movement on the sabbath violation
That's why the apostle Paul said Christians don't benefit from following these pedantic laws

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
According to Jewish sabbath law, just traveling anymore than a particular distance was considered a Sabbath
I remember reading somewhere that some of them wouldn't even have a bowel movement on the sabbath violation
That's why the apostle Paul said Christians don't benefit from following these pedantic laws
Many of those were man-made laws never prescribed in the law. When His disciples ate the corn on the sabbath, they broke no law. Jesus never would have condoned sin.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Many of those were man-made laws never prescribed in the law. When His disciples ate the corn on the sabbath, they broke no law. Jesus never would have condoned sin.
Yeah Jesus didn't follow the Jewish laws. That's why they killed him

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Yeah Jesus didn't follow the Jewish laws. That's why they killed him[/QUOTE
If by following the Jewish laws you mean man-made laws, I agree entirely. Jesus fulfilled every law of God, however.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Remember they were going to Stone him to death for healing a guy on the Sabbath and he disappeared into the crowd?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Which has nothing to do with any day of the week.

Did you read the actual verse?

By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete.
Yes I read the verse, did you read my post?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yes I read the verse, did you read my post?
Typical: You refuse to acknowledge the point. The first covenant HAS BEEN made obsolete.

The Sabbath rest you made reference to has nothing to do with a day.

Sabbath was counted among those things which ~

These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
Colossians 2:17

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Typical: You refuse to acknowledge the point. The first covenant HAS BEEN made obsolete.

The Sabbath rest you made reference to has nothing to do with a day.

Sabbath was counted among those things which ~

These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
Colossians 2:17
did you read my post? Typical, you reply without having a clue what someone said.

I will quote it again

Post #81 However, as a type it is very important,
just read Hebrews and just because it isn't part of our covenant doesn't mean it isn't important, it is part of the Old Covenant.

How would anyone understand Hebrews if they didn't read and study the Old Testament.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
This thread reminded me of something Donald Trump once said. There was a debate about taking down statues of people in the confederacy like Robert E. Lee. He said there were very good people on both sides of this debate. They smeared him accusing him of saying that the KKK or white supremacists were very good people but in the same breath he made it clear he was not talking about them.

On this thread there are very arrogant people on both sides of the debate. (Definition of arrogant -- having an exaggerated sense of ones own abilities, understanding of the Bible or ability to cut straight the word of God).

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Remember they were going to Stone him to death for healing a guy on the Sabbath and he disappeared into the crowd?
Yes. But they were not killing Him because He broke a commandment. He never sinned. They wanted to kill Him because they had perverted the law.

swatfrog

Nov 19, 2022
So before I begin this isn’t to start a argument , poke at anyone , or create confusion . I know where I stand and curious to how so many Christians are still following the pagan ways and traditions of man.

I will start with Christmas , I personally don’t believe Jesus was born on the said day man follows , 25th . As the bible does not state this as well if you look at New Years , it’s followed on the 1st of Jan in the dead of winter please anyone tell me what’s new then! If you said nothing your right, Bible states this one clearly , “new bud ,new year” spring time is the new year and when you think about it logically completely makes sense.

Man has been so brainwashed sometimes I can’t believe it .

Moving on to the Sabbath day , this one is truly a doozy.
I want to put it this way as an example.... Mans law says we shouldn’t steal , you as a good citizen follow all the rules but steal every week , what I’m getting at is the sabbath is a commandment yet most ignore it, aren’t aware of its significance or don’t follow as it don’t fit there wants or needs or what have you .
All I’m saying as it is a commandment yet most Christian’s ain’t aware of it or if they are they follow on a Sunday which is not Jesus day. I think the biggest issue behind this is we don’t read our bibles if we did we wouldn’t miss this stuff instead we go to a church listen to a “man” give us his ideas and we trust him cause he’s holding a bible and maybe if your lucky pulls a few versus from it . The Lord says trust no man , yet we do the opposite. Just FYI I’m guilty as most I do try to keep it but don’t always keep it holy . It’s funny when you look at Friday night and Saturday’s that’s when everything “ cool “ happens , all the parties , new movie releases and the list goes on . Do you think this is a accident ? No it’s not.

The devil is here to take you away from Jesus by any means , most of us this is easily accomplished but temptations of all types . For those of us who follow the sabbath I noticed he does what he can to get you to break it , for me I’m having a hard time finding work now as I don’t work saturdays and in my line of work oncall is a big part , been over a year now and I could of been working but because I will not sacrifice the sabbath I have not since. It’s been a battle , tears and all. But I will not give it up even if that means death .

The sabbath is how one grows closer to Jesus , so when someone says there close to him and does not follow I find it hard to believe . There’s only one God Jesus and one way how are we at a place so divided and so confused on what path to take as there’s only two death and everlasting life. Broad and narrow.

I can see how over the years the devil got he’s greasy little claws on literally everything and twisted/ perverted it to make it pleasing to man and quote easier to follow unquote. We are in the end days everyone we need to wake up . Jesus is to be acknowledged everyday but especially on the sabbath , the devils seal is the mark the Lords seal is received by following his word and obeying the sabbath.

If we can be lead astray but something as silly as Christmas I can’t imagine how many will fall with the great deception coming.

Much love to you all may the Lord speak to you and show you his way ....

Just looking to hear ppls thoughts on this not looking to get into heated discussions
According to the history of the early church ;
it was Pius in the year 143 AD that the Easter day , by a revelation from Hermas , that the day should be moved . This was the beginning of diversity , according to the history. according to John Foxes history of the church. I havent found where christmas comes into play yet, but according to history , it says they were split on how they celebrated ,if they celebrated ,or not. according to what is recorded ,in the beginning some fasted 3 days,some 2, others 4, didnt read anything about eggs bunnies , or feasts. it was just how each man chose to observe the day or not ,by the year 235AD things had changed.