Super Bowl Commercial :/

• Thread starter PrincessoftheKing
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

PrincessoftheKing

So I'm pretty sure that ALOT of America watches the Super Bowl. Something that comes along with all this hoopla over a sport, is the commercials. I'm not a big fan of football but I was watching the news and noticed one of the "SuperBowl commercials" being shown. It showed a man representing "adam" and a woman representing "eve." The commercial showed Eve take a bite of the apple and then offer it to Adam. Adam whipped out a bag of Dortios. Not only did they seem to portray the garden of eden and God's creations in such a sexual manner with all the nakedness but it almost seemed like a form of mockery. I know it was probably just as a joke and to promote the cheesy goodness of Doritos but I just dont think it was right to use the great creation of humans and the first sin of mankind in Genesis as a SuperBowl commercial. Silly America. What were they thinking? :/

......this was just a vent that I had to write out. Aaaannnd just my opinion. :eek:

P

Patchman

Grace and Peace

I heard that one of the commercials was rejected from airing during the Super Bowl. It was a Christian commercial that had some football players talking about what God had did for them...that kind of baffled me, but at the same time Jesus said that in the Last Day the world would hate us because they hated him first.

Last edited:
J

Joshua830

I didnt like the go daddy commercials i always had to look away from it. They accept that but deny a commercial about football players talking about god. I dont remember the adam and eve commercial though.

J

juliet84

super bowl...sounds more like a bowling game to me :/

L

lesnes

lol... so who won I dint even know that

C

ChristianTeen

The Packers won...

I don't remember an Adam and Eve commercial either, but I completely agree with you. They shouldn't use Christian beliefs in a Superbowl commercial. There are millions of other things they could have used, and the didn't need to include that.

Jul 24, 2010
I thought it was funny. As for it being too sexual due to nudity... they were nude in the actual story to... just thought I'd point that out.

D

DanuckInUSA

This is bad what is worse is when a legitimate Christian ad gets placed it almost gets banned for being overly religious. I posted the ad on my blog check it out.