SURFING!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nickiturton

i went surfing early this morning, the swell was pretty big, around 5 foot but there wasn't many people out, so i decided to have some god time, i prayed between the sets of waves and i had the best 'god moment'. i love the ocean, and when i'm out there, i feel so connected to him. does anyone else here surf? ..if you don't, you should :)
ALSO.. add me as a friend, i want to get to know some people :)

C

callthe5o

oh my goodness i love surfing bro! it was always my dream to move to hawaii and surf pipeline. but, to bad cuz i live in the middle of the usa. :( well, yeah. i love surfing so much. and thats amazing how you can have God moments out on the waves. but dude, you have to tell me about surfing. does it hurt when you pearl it? (front nose of board goes in whater and you fall forwards into the ocean)

N

nickiturton

haha, sick. you should move to australia, plenty of surfing spots here. we call that 'nose-diving' lol. nah doesn't hurt, sometimes its a bit scary but most of the time just funny. surfing never really hurts you, you just get tossed around in the waves at most - which doesn't hurt cause its only water :p unless you hit the reef, which will slice you open easily.. i have many scars from reef hits. haha

C

callthe5o

0_0....... but from what i heard from other surfers, the bruses and scars are worth being in the tube. have you ever been in the tube?

N

nickiturton

yeah, easily worth it. you don't get hurt very often. yeah, reef breaks often provide good barrels. you really need to get into surfing haha

C

callthe5o

yeah, i love it so much. the closest thing i have to surfing is that movie "surfs up". that movie makes me soooooo in the mood to surf. man, i cant believe i am talking to a christian surfer, this is AWESOME! what type of board do you have?

Dec 12, 2009
i went surfing early this morning, the swell was pretty big, around 5 foot but there wasn't many people out, so i decided to have some god time, i prayed between the sets of waves and i had the best 'god moment'. i love the ocean, and when i'm out there, i feel so connected to him. does anyone else here surf? ..if you don't, you should :)
ALSO.. add me as a friend, i want to get to know some people :)
I surf!!! I REALLY love it. I went to Oahu about 5 months ago and there were 4 to 6 footers.

C

callthe5o

Omg you surf to!? i feel so left out! :(

Dec 12, 2009
Don't feel so left out! I don't surf that often anymore though. I move too much.
You should REALLY go someday though

C

callthe5o

i heard its the awesomest feeling once your in the tube. i heard that once your in the tube, you never wanna get out. :( PLEASE GOD LET ME SURF IN THE FUTURE!

Dec 12, 2009
I tried the tube but she didn't get very far into form. It was weak and crashed before it even had a chance to tube up. I have heard the same thing about it though.

C

callthe5o

thats so awesome. have you seen pipeline? those waves are intense.