Survey on Experiences of Arab Christians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 13, 2020
Hi everyone!

Love that this is a space for Arab Christians. Being Arab I am trying to better capture the experiences of Arab American Christians specifically around discrimination and religion. The experiences of Arab Christians are often unheard, and so I created a survey to better capture these experiences as part of a thesis project. I am trying to get more responses from Arab Christians in participants in particular, since this is a difficult group to capture their unique experiences. Please consider taking my survey if you qualify!

I am a Ph.D. student at Purdue University and am co- investigating a study with Dr. Ayse Ciftci ([email protected]) on the experiences of both Muslim Arab Americans and Christan Arab Americans. (Approved, Exempted IRB Protocol #22432021; [email protected]).

I am looking for Arab American participants for my study and was hoping you could take this survey if you qualify. You may also send the link friends and family you know who may qualify, or pass along to relevant list serves. You may also take the survey if you qualify.

This is a 10-15 minute survey for people who (a) Are 18 or older, (b) identify as Arab American, and (c) identify as either Christian or Muslim.
Select the link below to access more information about the study and complete the 10-15 minute, voluntary survey:
https://purdue.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cLSyYqq6Anqkk5v

Thank you!

Amani

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You won't get many responses. This forum is rarely ever entered into, much less used.. And also, not many people here like to click on links..

Feb 13, 2020
You won't get many responses. This forum is rarely ever entered into, much less used.. And also, not many people here like to click on links..
Thanks for letting me know! This is just a really hard population to reach so any little bit helps. :)

Jo2016

Jun 4, 2019
What about non American Arab just Arab

Feb 13, 2020
What about non American Arab just Arab
I'm looking at Arab Americans for now opening up to all Arabs would create a lot of different experiences, which is good, but just to broad for this study and I can't control for all the external factors.

chanchuinchoy

Nov 26, 2015
Sungei Buloh, Selangor, Malaysia
Hi everyone!

Love that this is a space for Arab Christians. Being Arab I am trying to better capture the experiences of Arab American Christians specifically around discrimination and religion. The experiences of Arab Christians are often unheard, and so I created a survey to better capture these experiences as part of a thesis project. I am trying to get more responses from Arab Christians in participants in particular, since this is a difficult group to capture their unique experiences. Please consider taking my survey if you qualify!

I am a Ph.D. student at Purdue University and am co- investigating a study with Dr. Ayse Ciftci ([email protected]) on the experiences of both Muslim Arab Americans and Christan Arab Americans. (Approved, Exempted IRB Protocol #22432021; [email protected]).

I am looking for Arab American participants for my study and was hoping you could take this survey if you qualify. You may also send the link friends and family you know who may qualify, or pass along to relevant list serves. You may also take the survey if you qualify.

This is a 10-15 minute survey for people who (a) Are 18 or older, (b) identify as Arab American, and (c) identify as either Christian or Muslim.
Select the link below to access more information about the study and complete the 10-15 minute, voluntary survey:
https://purdue.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cLSyYqq6Anqkk5v

Thank you!

Amani
this survey is for arab christian or christian living in arab countries?

chanchuinchoy

Nov 26, 2015
Iam a Christian living in a muslim country. As I have said in my Jesus vs Muhammad thread, 2 sect of muslims, Shiite and Sunni. Majority f the muslims in my coutry Malaysia, are Sunni muslims (liberal) and the Shiite muslims (fondly called here as taliban or arab muslims) are minority. Thank god for this, otherwise I might not have existed. However, attempts are made by these Shiite muslims to first convert Sunni as them and everyone later. The tactic used by these Shiite muslims against the Sunni muslims are the latter not pure, they should purify themselves in order to be a good or true muslim and they (Sunni) is too liberal to the extend of being bully by other religion here in Malaysia.. Sadly, this has gotten the Sunni muslims, slowly one by one is converting to Shiite. But believe our good Lord will protect us till the end.

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Iam a Christian living in a muslim country. As I have said in my Jesus vs Muhammad thread, 2 sect of muslims, Shiite and Sunni. Majority f the muslims in my coutry Malaysia, are Sunni muslims (liberal) and the Shiite muslims (fondly called here as taliban or arab muslims) are minority. Thank god for this, otherwise I might not have existed. However, attempts are made by these Shiite muslims to first convert Sunni as them and everyone later. The tactic used by these Shiite muslims against the Sunni muslims are the latter not pure, they should purify themselves in order to be a good or true muslim and they (Sunni) is too liberal to the extend of being bully by other religion here in Malaysia.. Sadly, this has gotten the Sunni muslims, slowly one by one is converting to Shiite. But believe our good Lord will protect us till the
I met a fellow ( Christian ) from Malaysia.. some time ago - in United States.
- He told me that Christians go through challenges in Malaysia.
----
Is persecution more severe in Malaysia.. than in Indonesia?
- If it is ok with you .. asking this question.
---
**I get some info. from
- 'Open Doors USA'

chanchuinchoy

Nov 26, 2015
I met a fellow ( Christian ) from Malaysia.. some time ago - in United States.
- He told me that Christians go through challenges in Malaysia.
----
Is persecution more severe in Malaysia.. than in Indonesia?
- If it is ok with you .. asking this question.
---
**I get some info. from
- 'Open Doors USA'
Indonesia and Malaysia are the same because not only are they members of Association of Southeast Asia Nation (ASEAN) but both are also muslim countries. It was believed that the ancestors of the majority Malaysian Malays are Indonesian Bulgis race but they ( Malaysian Malay) denied it because if they were to admit it, they will no longer enjoy those privileges enjoyed by Malaysian native races.

Malaysia Malay are the predominant race in Malaysia (other races are Chinese, Indian etc....). It is compulsory for them to believe in muslim religion, they can't have other religion, or else they will be fined or even jailed under muslim laws.. As I have said in my earlier thread and here as well, there are 2 sect of muslims, ie Shiite and Sunni. The Shiite muslims claimed that they are the 'genuine' follower of muhammad, their believed prophet. The Sunni on the other hand, are 'not so genuine and more liberal'. Thanks God that majority of Malaysian Malays are Sunni muslims and they form the government together with other religion races.. The Malaysian Chinese race believed in buddha, kuan yin, Christianity (catholic, baptist, methodist, assembly of god, lutheran, anglican etc....) and the Malaysian Indian race believed in christianity and hinduism religion.

So far, Malaysian government is very prudent in its policy as along as religion is concern The government allows churches, temples to be build but on condition that, you cannot convert the Malay muslims into your religion. To answer your question, Malaysian christians do not experienced prosecution at all but experienced rejection by their families especially the Chinese race when they became christians..

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Indonesia and Malaysia are the same because not only are they members of Association of Southeast Asia Nation (ASEAN) but both are also muslim countries. It was believed that the ancestors of the majority Malaysian Malays are Indonesian Bulgis race but they ( Malaysian Malay) denied it because if they were to admit it, they will no longer enjoy those privileges enjoyed by Malaysian native races.

Malaysia Malay are the predominant race in Malaysia (other races are Chinese, Indian etc....). It is compulsory for them to believe in muslim religion, they can't have other religion, or else they will be fined or even jailed under muslim laws.. As I have said in my earlier thread and here as well, there are 2 sect of muslims, ie Shiite and Sunni. The Shiite muslims claimed that they are the 'genuine' follower of muhammad, their believed prophet. The Sunni on the other hand, are 'not so genuine and more liberal'. Thanks God that majority of Malaysian Malays are Sunni muslims and they form the government together with other religion races.. The Malaysian Chinese race believed in buddha, kuan yin, Christianity (catholic, baptist, methodist, assembly of god, lutheran, anglican etc....) and the Malaysian Indian race believed in christianity and hinduism religion.

So far, Malaysian government is very prudent in its policy as along as religion is concern The government allows churches, temples to be build but on condition that, you cannot convert the Malay muslims into your religion. To answer your question, Malaysian christians do not experienced prosecution at all but experienced rejection by their families especially the Chinese race when they became christians..
Thanks for info.
---
You wrote,
".. you cannot convert the Malay Muslims into.."
- It seems to be similar issue.. in 'other Muslim countries.'