Swearing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

forgivenandloved

I also think we should think about the reasoning behind people cussing. I cuss sometimes and not just because I'm angry. It's just a habit I've been doing since I've been able to talk. Yes, it might be wrong but I don't see me saying d*** when I hurt screw something up worse than someone calling someone a moron. I think it's more of your motive behind saying it.

J

janet_06_jimenez

I don't badwords. PERIOD.

N

NoTearsShed

Bad words are bad, Its better to just not say them.
I try not to curse now. Its best to stick to good words makes you look more nice & like you are not trashy or any thing like that. I know at times they slip or you forget but its best to start replacing them.
Like i replace some bad words when i got surpriced or something with "oh my gosh"
Sure i sould a lil preppy or something but its okay because its better than cursing.

F

fromtheinside0ut

As far as it just being a habit... When God saves us, He makes us new creations. He is the Deliverer, and nothing is too big or too small for Him to deliver us from!

Aug 27, 2005
I personally don't like "crap," "frickin'" or whatever else it was that you said... but i suppose that when i say "Ohhh myyy gawsssh!" really crazy like when I'm excited.. it's the same. I also use "Awww mann..." or "Ohhh shooot!" *shrugs*

Hahaha and for the record.. i laughed really hard when someone was talking about saying "I curse thee!" ...i said it out loud and it sounds sooo very ridiculous!

C

ClimbingUpward

God never said don't be angry...He said in your anger, do not sin. Psalm 4:4
The substitute words are wrong also.
The bible may not state swearing exactly, but it does say not to use evil words, ie swearing.
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29

A

asamanthinketh

speaking from my own life, a curse word never came out of my mouth ever as a child, even as a teenager, but for some reason recently i have found myself saying curse words

i don't know what has happened but somehow all my goodness is dwindling away
i didn't think that a good GOD did this to people

i remember when i was sure of my faith, growing in faith, and i still need the love of the Lord in my life

S

sunshine_debbie

Call me crazy but I think there is a spirit associated with swear words. When i did swear, it made me more angry inside and I couldn't stop using them out of habit. I actually remember feeling physically ill after hanging out with a friend of mine, and every other word was the F word. I couldn't wait to get away from her.

My sister is an alcoholic, and if I wait to long to call her, like if I call her at night, every other word is the f word and I spend so much time either asking her to stop or cringing that I can not even hear her because I am pulling the phone away from my ear to avoid hearing it again. So I understand. If I call her in the day when she is sober, then she is better about listening to me ask her not to use profanity. But I often wonder, why people talk the way that they do. What is the purpose? Because she wasnt raised that way, I know it.

Debbie

P

PRAIASEmyGOD

Matthew 5:36 (New International Version)

36And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black.