Sydney knife attacks

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
A knife carrying man recently stabbed and killed 6 people in a shopping centre. It is believed that he had mental problems. Perhaps those who wish to legalise drugs might want to reconsider. That attack seems to have picked out women specifically.

Yesterday, a 15 year old attempted to kill an Orthodox bishop. The teenager was disarmed and restrained. A number of people were wounded. The authorities declared this to be a terrorist attack.

A crowd gathered outside the church and attacked the police. Their motivation is not clear at present.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Why would that spark a riot?

Is this a religious thing, different church groups hating each other? Kind of like Catholics and Protestants in Ireland?

I'm not familiar with the culture in Sydney so the riot is the part I can't comprehend.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
A knife carrying man recently stabbed and killed 6 people in a shopping centre. It is believed that he had mental problems. Perhaps those who wish to legalise drugs might want to reconsider. That attack seems to have picked out women specifically.

Yesterday, a 15 year old attempted to kill an Orthodox bishop. The teenager was disarmed and restrained. A number of people were wounded. The authorities declared this to be a terrorist attack.

A crowd gathered outside the church and attacked the police. Their motivation is not clear at present.
There has been so many stabbings and killings in Aus this year. It looks like Aus is catching up with the rest of the world.
I cant even do my usual walk myself anymore. Had a spooky experience a few weeks ago. It would be good to turn back time.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
There has been so many stabbings and killings in Aus this year. It looks like Aus is catching up with the rest of the world.
I cant even do my usual walk myself anymore. Had a spooky experience a few weeks ago. It would be good to turn back time.
I never expected to be saying this, but at least these murderers have little or no access to guns. There never were any good old days, but yes, Australia is descending into anarchy.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Why would that spark a riot?

Is this a religious thing, different church groups hating each other? Kind of like Catholics and Protestants in Ireland?

I'm not familiar with the culture in Sydney so the riot is the part I can't comprehend.
I don't know. Much of the problem is the instant nature of social media. The mob was incited to riot even while the incident was underway. I believe partly it's because people are fed up with teenagers doing adult crime but treated as juveniles, or even victims.

The teenager is a Muslim and claimed something to the effect that the Bishop insulted Islam. So no, it is nothing like the Catholic/Protestant conflict in Ireland. And that conflict was mush less to do with religion than it was to Irish nationalism and straight out jealousy.