Take a chance. Buy a lottery ticket

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Stargazing_Pilgrim

Ecclesiastes 9:11 Is this only Solomon"s opinion. Does anything "really" happen by chance? I liked the movie "Serpendipity.":cool:

C

CanadaNZ

Ecclesiastes 9:11 Is this only Solomon"s opinion. Does anything "really" happen by chance? I liked the movie "Serpendipity.":cool:
I returned and saw under the sun that—The race is not to the swift,
Nor the battle to the strong,
Nor bread to the wise,
Nor riches to men of understanding,
Nor favor to men of skill;
But time and chance happen to them all.

To me this talks about the innate unfairness in this fallen sinful world. I am not sure I believe in chance as per the world's definition of chance. I think that things happen in a certain way because there is consequences (good and bad) for every action, also God works his will in and around our sinful world. For example one man decided to go to the bank and another man decided to rob that same bank at the same time, it looks like chance but I don't think it is, its all about actions that have taken place in both these people's live for good and bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 19, 2009
If I play Russian roulette and pull the trigger enough times, “chances” are, I will at some point put a bullet through my head. Remember that it is a sin to test the Lord.