''Take my yoke upon you.''

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

25 ¶At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
28 ¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Matthew 11

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
The wonderful thing about a yolk, is that when two walk yolked together, nether can lead, or they will only go in circles.
How wonderful is Jesus that He tells us, He is not in front, but walking beside us.

God bless.
pickles

M

mudustyII

You might want to expand you knowledge yoke also means My teachings

Mudusty

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I've looked it up in several dictionaries and I can't find a definition that says yoke means My teachings. What dictionary did you get that out of?

Every time I've read the word yoke I think of a device that puts two things together to work for a common goal.

God Bless You

M

mudustyII

Strong G2218 Zygos def 1 , b 2

MuDusty

S

Slepsog4

HELLO...

Y O K E

not -- y o l k

R

Ramon

The wonderful thing about a yolk, is that when two walk yolked together, nether can lead, or they will only go in circles.
How wonderful is Jesus that He tells us, He is not in front, but walking beside us.

God bless.
pickles
WOW!! AMEN!!! Yes!!

I always think of two oxen plowing a field. If one ox is lazy, it will drag the other ox. The stronger ox has to pace himself to allow the weaker one to stay with him.

I just think that if I am yoked with Jesus, it would not be too much work for me, since he would bear the brunt.

Imagine two oxen that didn't get along, they would fight and get nowhere. And like you said, they would go around in circles. AMAZING!

May Jesus bless you Pickles. :):):)

Feb 9, 2010
We are yoked to Jesus,who will help us through all our troubles and problems,if they are too big for us to handle.

Like the Jews who would yoke a younger ox with an older ox and help the younger ox to plow,until the younger ox was strong enough to do it on it's own,we are yoked to Jesus who will help us to become strong enough to be able to handle things.

R

Ramon

We are yoked to Jesus,who will help us through all our troubles and problems,if they are too big for us to handle.

Like the Jews who would yoke a younger ox with an older ox and help the younger ox to plow,until the younger ox was strong enough to do it on it's own,we are yoked to Jesus who will help us to become strong enough to be able to handle things.
WOW AMEN!! I never knew that!! Until he was stronger huh? Wow!!

May Jesus bless you.

p.s. Or maybe it is like riding a bike with training wheels huh? :)

A

Abiding

I've looked it up in several dictionaries and I can't find a definition that says yoke means My teachings. What dictionary did you get that out of?

Every time I've read the word yoke I think of a device that puts two things together to work for a common goal.

God Bless You
put it in context...take on my yoke....learn of me

zone

Jun 13, 2010
put it in context...take on my yoke....learn of me
take off the yoke of The Law, which no one but Jesus could bear.
Christ's yoke is light and His burden is easy.

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble ... and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

there's that eternal rest....

Hebrews 4:10
for whoever has entered God’s rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.

C

Consumed

What is so beautiful about Gods word is how it speaks to us individually and when done collectively it just adds even more to encourage the body of Christ
Oxen yoked
Two walking
Teachings
Law removed, grace and rest

Awesome. Same scripture just grows