Taken advantage of - Lesson 100

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 30, 2013
A couple of years ago I came to a Gas stop on the side of the motorway, there a man looking to be in his 50's waved out for help so I stopped. He explained that his car had broken down on the side of the motorway further up which had his wife and young son in, he had lost his bank card and needed petrol to get home. I gave him my last $20. Surprisingly he asked for more, to which I explained I didn't have and he thankfully took the money. He took down my number and said he would pay me back when he'd made it home.

I continued up the motorway to see there was no car broken down with a wife and child. I realised by his actions at the time and the fact there was no broken down car that I had been a victim of scam. It saddened me that a person would target the good will of others for their own personal gain. I really could have done with that $20 I regretted being so naive and gullible. I hope in future I would be more cautious.

It's terrible that these people not only take from those who give, but they also take from those who need. Because of this man I could possibly neglect someone in need of assistance and mistake them for a scammer like himself. I wonder what happened to him and how he feels, wether he is remorseful or wether it brings him joy receiving the money of those kind hearts. However he feels and thinks of his acts I hope he one day feels remorse for what he has done or does.

I guess my heart felt something misleading from the beginning and I should have listened to that but I always try to help if help is needed or asked for. I wonder if I would do the same again? maybe, or maybe this was a lesson learned.

J

JeffParks

I hope you consider doing the same on another occasion. It was just a $20.00 lesson. There will be plenty more tests on Lesson 100 in the future. Now you're just like the rest of us! Your heart was right. Don't let one jerk (there's literally millions of them out there) change how you would deal with needy people in the future. You're better than that.

Jun 22, 2013
There are so many con men and swindlers out there. But I am reminded that Christ told us to give someone two coats if they asked for our one. However I don't think God would have us be without discernment. But God saw what you did and what the man did. I pray that God would have me make the right choice whenever anyone asks me for anything in whatever form.