Taking the pluNGe... A walk through the baptism of the Holy Spirit :) YOU, on fire :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Baptism of the Holy Spirit is not a difficult thing to have happen to you. For me, it was quite simple, I make no bones about it, I was going to my church a Sunday night in June 2000 and it was for water baptism . And, I did that, made a confession of my faith in Christ and how I could go no other way, starting with talking about a car accident that just HAD me see life differently from THAT point on.... Humbline experience, but not the experience to be explained here, what is going to be here is what happened to me AFTER the water baptism, that same night, something I knew not of happening and then it happened, at a restaurant after eating and walking out the doors some people from the rest. from another church came up to me and my buddy with me told them I was just baptized.

One of these other church people said, 'Oh, did you get baptized in the Holy Spirit?'

I said, 'What's that? I know the HOly Spirit song, 'Come, Holy Spirit, I need you. Come, Holy Spirit, I pray. Come, Holy Spirit, I love you. Come, in Thy own special way.' Or, is it 'gentle way?'

Anyway, I was baptized in the Spirit that night, then and there, these 10-12 guys laid hands on me and one started praying, in tongues, over me. I can't say that the experience made me feel any different, except that I had received the knowledge of the Holy Spirit being baptized into my life..... And, since then, His power in me has been known. I mean, not talking weird Kundalinha, whoa! I'm high on marijuana, spirit bad stuff, but, instead, good stuff, just following Him, believing in His leading my life. Again, I'm not going to be the one that tells you I've heard God's voice or seen angels or ??/ Anything at all, visions, dreams, nope, nope, NONE of that for me, is it true, could it happen to YOU, could it happen to me? Absolutely !!! The Lord leads . "...you follow Me." John 21:22.

But, here we go, we are going to BAPTIZE you in the Spirit right now, so you know IF you have never seen a timeline like this done before, get ready to be led by the Spirit of God as He's led me thorugh my Wednesday night class teacher TONIGHT showing me these things, I humbly give ALL glory to God for all I say, it is Him in me that works all things good in my life. I am merely His workmanship. :)

Joel 2:28 -- "And it will come about after this that I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; and your sons and daughters will prophesy...."

Now, please, keep in mind, this is a prophet, Joel, who is being told to tell this to his sons' sons and the next generation, as Joel 1:4 states, preceding this. These are things not yet come to before things that have come. Confused? You won't be, I hope and pray :)

So, these things of Joel 2:28 come AFTER the Lord God says 'My people will never be put to shame,' these are the Isrealites.

Now, after 2:28 and 2:29, where God says He will 'pour out My Spirit in those days,' comes verse 30 that really does put things in perspective for me, anyway, these are things that have NOT yet happened:

Joel 2:30 -- "And I will display wonders in the sky and on the earth, blood, fire, and columns of smoke. The sun will be turned into darkness and the moon into blood."

Some like to say the moon turning into blood is simply an eclipse, I beg to differ. This is a MAJOR catastrophic event yet to come, which proves the spiritual gifts have not died out yet, not by ANY stretch of the imagination, but that will be another thread as this thread is about baptizing you with FIRE !!! :)

We go to John 1:33, John (the baptist) speaking of Jesus' coming down to the sea of Galilee waters -- "And I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, "He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the one who baptizes with the Holy Spirit."

We go to Acts 1:4 -- And gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, 'Which," He said, "you heard of from Me; for John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." (red = Jesus speaking)

This proves the we must be born of water (birth) and spirit (Holy Spirit), of 1 John 1.

Acts 1:8 -- "but you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has COME upon you; and you shall be My witness both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth."

Acts 2:4 -- "And they were all FILLED with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterances."

Who filled them with the Holy Spirit? And, what did Jesus mean by you will be 'My witness both in Jerusalem...AND even to the remotest part of the earth."

Was He (Jesus) really speaking to just THESE apostles, or, was their a time continuum that Jesus was speaking of?, for US, too, to go out and preach, as disciples, to ALL nations (remote parts of the world)? You know, in Matthew of Jesus exhorting His disciples, talking about 'The Great Commission,'? OK, it you don't here it is : :)

Matthew 28:19 -- Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and, the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you, and, lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Jesus is REALLY only speaking to 'that' age, of biblical time? Really? No, no, no, He is speaking to ALL our ages, until age is NO MORE , when Jesus comes again :) So, go be ON FIRE for Him EVERYWHERE this Scripture exhortation from Jesus to YOU, yes, He is saying 'YOU.' As Kathy Trocolli sings, 'Go light YOUR world.' :)

1 Cor. 14:2 -- For one who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men, but to God; for no one understands, but in his spirit he (the man speaking) speaks mysteries." (Read all of 1 Cor. 14 to understand that interpretation is needed for tongues speaking).

1 Cor. 14: 14-15 -- For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful (understand the power of tongues and how it is to be spiritually done so you are not frutilessly doing 'it.' ) . What is the outcome then? I shall pray with the spirit and I shall pray with the mind also (remember too, Paul tells us in 1 Cor. 2, we have 'the mind of Christ') ; I shall sing with the spirit and I shall sing with the mind also."

Sing and shout for the Lord, with our mind and spirit, we are to worship Him in spirit (our spirit with His Spriit in us) and in truth (with our mind, letting His Word guide us, reveal all truth to us) .

Luke 11:13 -- " If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?"

Simple ^^ , isn't it :) Getting baptized with the Holy Spirit is as simple as, 1, 2, ask and ye shall receive . :)

Jude 1:20-21 -- But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith; praying in the Holy Spirit; keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ in eternal life.

We have this hope in Him, and, praying in the 'Spirit' will keep us in love with God and we MUST love God or we do not know God, Scripture states too.

So many good reasons to be ON FIRE for Him !!! To be baptized in the Holy Spirit, understanding you can be one of His ministers of FIRE !!!! :)

We, the Spirit-filled believer, are to sow the seed; this is evangelism, and, the Spirit GIVES us the boldness, a drunkenness that is good, you know, that cooool, ool, feeling one has from getting a BUZZ, they will talk to girls when they normally would not, IF a single guy, speaking of here. You know, you know , you know, but I speak of a drunken GOOD state that comes with being in the Spirit !!! :) The Holy Spirit hovers over the seed, convicting and leading the lost to repentence. This is the spiritual birth !!!

YOU WERE SAVED !! By the blood of Christ and mercy of God and His grace, pray Christ peeps, for a baptism into Holy Spirit FIRE!!! So, you can SAVE others by His power vested in you, for that person's salvation sake, forget life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness---, SAVE THEM FOR THEIR RACE WON, being in Him, SALVATION !! The Lord leads. "....you follow Me." John 21:22 :)

Feb 17, 2013
My, Brother the only evidence given in the Bible of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues. No one can find any other evidence. They may say good works. works do not cut it with God the only work H will recognise is the cross.

T

twofeet

Good post GreenNnice! In ALL four gospels it says we need to be baptised by the Holy Spirit and with FIRE. The Holy Spirit comforts, strengthens ..our wonderful counsellor and the fire convicts, cleanses and keeps us on the right track of living a holy life pleasing to the Lord. Before the disciples were baptised by the Holy Spirit they were hiding away in the upper room...after they had boldness, courage to get out and bring Gods kingdom to earth, healing the sick, raising the dead and casting out demons and its still going on today as His people LIVE the kingdom life through the power of the Holy Spirit.

There are of course those who say its only confined to the bible times but I am reminded of the scripture that says " they have a form of godliness but deny its power. Have nothing to do with them"

As for me, I was filled with the Holy Spirit the day I got saved. It was really funny cos my salvation was pretty radical to most so I presumed thats what everyone born again must have experienced. I would go to meetings where they asked people to come out to be baptised in the Holy Spirit and it was always presented to me that you get saved first, then water baptism, then Holy Spirit baptism...in that order. So I kept going out for prayer. Eventually one of the old guys in church said " what are you doing? " so I told him..." he said " you already have it!!! Its so obvious! You are already walking in it and using the gifts of the spirit!".....so I didnt go out again.

T

Tintin

The baptism of the Holy Spirit is accompanied by water. The water and the Word. It's the Word that has the power, the water is just symbolic of the dying to the old, sinful self and rising to new life in Christ (sharing in his death and resurrection).

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
No the baptism of the holy spirit has nothing to do with water, when you receive him into your heart you are then baptized with fire. This is the result of giving your heart to Jesus and you are offically marked by god

jb

Feb 27, 2010
For those interested, you can find a short study entitled 'How Can I Be Filled With The Holy Spirit' Here

Yahweh Shalom...

T

Tintin

Blain, I beg to differ. You don't receive the Holy Spirit twice. You receive him once and then he does his work in you to make you more and more Christ-like.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I know you don't receive him twice, i am saying in that instant you receive him that is baptism of the holy spirit. And yes he does do his work to make you more Christ-like.

T

Tintin

Sorry, my misunderstanding.

P

Powemm

The holy spirit has never been harsh in teaching me .. everything comes gently and with confirmation .. There's never a rush or distemperment .. His nature is kind, in truth And always points me back to god .. Never speaks of what he is doing but what god is doing .. This is how I've come to
Know the holy spirit .. All the fruits of the spirit come
With him as well.. love joy peace patience kindness and longsuffering.. more
The character of the holy spirit To me is
More like colossians 3:13 and Zephaniah 3:17 ... These are the gentle teachings that come and in them in Line with the god I know ..

G

GreenNnice

The baptism of the Holy Spirit is accompanied by water. The water and the Word. It's the Word that has the power, the water is just symbolic of the dying to the old, sinful self and rising to new life in Christ (sharing in his death and resurrection).
The Lord leads, Tin-Tin, there are some truths to receiving Him in your temple but to bring guilt, shame, blame, that is a game we Christians should not want to play.
For me, I committed to Christ at a very early age, was raised in church but affirmed my faith in He for me, at 16. I re-committed life to Christ at 27. But then was not baptized until age 31 , of which time, for me, anyway, and, no, there's no legalism, licentiousness for those who love Christ Jesus, , and, so then after water baptizing, as was said in my OP , that same night of age 31 , I went to restaurant and God was at work, I was surprisingly put on a understanding of the Holy Spirit unto my life that was not known before.

So, yes, water baptism is an affirmation of our faith in Him .

No the baptism of the holy spirit has nothing to do with water, when you receive him into your heart you are then baptized with fire. This is the result of giving your heart to Jesus and you are offically marked by god
however the Lord leads, Scripture of 1 cor. 12 speaks of our receiving the 'gift' of the Holy Spirit, which precedes our being vessels for signs of God's using, offices of God's using (us), and, manifestations, like discernment, knowledge, mercy, all God uses to achieve His will as weconltly gwt gifts as He wills to us, as, too, 1 Cor. 12, verses 6 and 11 speak 'distrbution' and 'manifestation' of .

I know you don't receive him twice, i am saying in that instant you receive him that is baptism of the holy spirit. And yes he does do his work to make you more Christ-like.
Youbcould receive Him many times over, just depends on how He works Himself into your life. Remember, doesn't Scripture say He won't be in an unwilling vessel. YOU must show yourself approved, ready as 1 Tim. 2:15 states, READY to be set sail on a 'mission' of a journey from Him.

----- Twofoots, milady, what a post ! God bless you for helping others understand the POWER of Him in you and the process and order of whilst when He comes in to our being. There was a time, too, when the Holy Spirit could not be received per John somewhere :) Forget just where but it's in there, for that time was before Jesus died and rose again in a glorified body and set the table for what was said of the apostles great time of 'discovery,' they were the FIRST, of many after, to this very day, that are His ministers of FIRE !!! :

Here, too, is some help for understanding the reception of the Holy Spirit , again, the Lord leads, if you are not sure of water baptism significance it's only salvational if you don't believe in His grace through your faith in Him, it's all about His love too aboubding in usx more than our sin, His grace abounds :)

Get a Bible and begin to check into receiving the Holy Spirit (website help )

Holy Spirit as in the Bible.

Look up Acts 2:38 [1] which says, if you repent and get baptised, you

will receive the Holy Spirit.

Repent. Repent is from the Greek word "metanoeo" Click for original

meaning. which means literally: "change ones mind." In practical terms, it means to do an about face.

Get Baptised. Baptism is from the

Greek word "baptizo"Click for original meaning. means to immerse or to submerge in water. Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist in water for our example to follow. Find some water (ocean, lake, river, swimming pool or warm bathwater, etc. will do). Anyone can baptise you, if already a Spirit-filled believer.

Ask God to give you the Holy Spirit. Jesus said, "And I say unto

you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened... how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:9,10 & 13b) [2]

Ask, by praying to God - using your voice to ask for the Holy

Spirit. Be prepared to be transformed and speak in tongues by the power of the Holy Ghost, as the early disciples did. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. (Acts 2:4) [3]

Expect God to keep working in your life. Many people have been

healed of illnesses [4] and addictions [5] and other problems [6] of all sorts at the time of receiving the Holy Spirit.

When you receive the Holy Spirit, you receive the love of God and

the power of God (to help your life and to help others) Luke 24:39 [7] ; Acts 1:8 [8] ; Romans 5:5 [9] and many other things, and it's awesome.

Live a good Christian life. (Galatians 5:22-25 [10] & Romans 12:9-

21 [11] )

Use your new tongue (prayer language) to talk to God (in private)

which will build you up and maintain the faith which you have just received: "For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries... He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself" (1 Corinthians14:2 & 4a) [12]

Tell others how easy it was and how they can do it too. (Mark

16:15-20)

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Powemm

Great post green! Thumbs up!

P

Powemm

I know it has been a very gradual filling for me ..more like drops at a time .. I can barely handle that lol
sometimes what comes in is so saturated it takes a lot of time to soak
In .. Does that make sense? I'm not sure how else to describe it

N

newindian

childofgod> it seems I am already full upto the brim
<childofgod> and as soon as I try to get closer to go
<childofgod> GOD
<childofgod> something starts happening to me
<childofgod> as in
<childofgod> like something which could associated with the manifestation of the HOLY SPIRIT I suppose
<FaithWisdom> what happens?
<childofgod> can't say
<childofgod> but something in the mind
<FaithWisdom> okay
<childofgod> feelings that could be because of spiritual activity
<childofgod> and soon they spill over into body
<childofgod> bodily movements, words
<childofgod> shouts
<childofgod> so do you know what is it ?

BROTHERS AND SISTERS !!! I need help with this as the childofgod in this chat is me, does anybody know of this situation ?