Tattoos

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 13, 2007
I have 3 planned. My first is going to be:
המילה החיה
which is hebrew for Living Word
the others are kinda still in the air.
I would really like to get one that I've kinda self designed (and I stole a quote from someone) but it's hard to explain. it's basically three crosses the middle one way out in front and the words "progress not perfection" underneath. the last would be my name (Caleb) in hebrew seeing as it is a hebrew name.
Ohhhhh I love those ideas! Best of luck, and hey, it doesn't hurt as bad as most say...keys: look forward to it, don't watch them do the work, and keep a conversation going with whomever does the work....trust me, it works lol.

C

Cako53

Ohhhhh I love those ideas! Best of luck, and hey, it doesn't hurt as bad as most say...keys: look forward to it, don't watch them do the work, and keep a conversation going with whomever does the work....trust me, it works lol.
Thanks. Looking forward to it has been a big one that people say. I have some piecings and all I did was get myself to think that it was going to be worse than it was and it was a sinch. Not sure if it's anything like that with tattoos, seeing as I've never had one.

Apr 13, 2007
Thanks. Looking forward to it has been a big one that people say. I have some piecings and all I did was get myself to think that it was going to be worse than it was and it was a sinch. Not sure if it's anything like that with tattoos, seeing as I've never had one.
It doesn't hurt, don't watch, if you do, yeah it'll hurt.

G

goth4god

I watched, and it didnt hurt. but i am weird like that lol.

Apr 13, 2007
LOL Hannah....well, my first one I didn't watch, I was like omgah if I look down, and I see the little gun thingy, and needles, and realize that's hitting my skin it might hurt....the others, I have watched, just...I dunno, mainly though, looking forward to it makes the difference. One I watced, but wasn't totally thrilled over the whole situation...the memory of what it's for that is, and so it hurt some, then again, it was where there's a lot of bone and all....*shrugs* the others I've watched and didn't bother me...sooooo yeah, you aren't weird. I am ha!

Kathleen

Oct 13, 2009
Here's the problem that I am having with you...First of all You are being arguementative about this WHOLE tattoo thing. Secondly I was VERY offended by the post that your mother put on my post, when people get offended they do tend to sometimes get upset. I do not feel I was being aggressive. Yes, I did read the PM your mother sent me. Like I told her in my reply... IF I had know that she was NOT a 14 year old and that she was a adult I would have reacted QUITE differently. Thirdly: When you get a tattoo you are NOT getting cut. The Bible verse you are refering to is "TO THE DEAD". Now I have a Bible verse for you. Actually it is a whole chapter for you to read. Colossians 3. COLOSSIANS 3:17 STATES "And WHATEVER you do, whether in word OR deed, do IT ALL in the name of the LORD JESUS, giving thanks to God the Father through him." There are MANY different ways for fellow Christians to reach out to none believers. If it is through a Tattoo or owning a tattoo shop, then we should not judge them. Accept it as there PERSONAL way to minister and to bring Christ to none believers. It also states in James 2:3 " As the body witout the SPIRIT is DEAD, so FAITH without deeds is DEAD" We ALL have a different calling. To some it maybe by getting a tattoo and using that tattoo as a way to express their love and devotion to God. We ARE ALL worthy of God's love. That is what it comes down to. We are ALL still learning. NO ONE is perfect and we need to remember that. As long as we do what we feel is right and we PRAY about it, then we need to put our trust in God. I understand that you think that you are not judging us for having tattoos, but if you REALLY sit and think about it, you are. You are passing judement on us and not listening to what we are saying about WHY we have these. PLEASE TRY to understand OUR point of view. Are ALL tattoos o.k.? Absolutley NOT. But if you use it to God's GLORY then I believe that it is. Some people need somekind of reminder of God's love, and if it is by getting a tattoo the has the Red ink that symbolizes the blood that God shed for our sins and it has Black to symbolize OUR sins, then it IS FOR GOD'S GLORY. Especially if it helps witness to people. Is it NOT our jobs as Christians to witness to none believers? I belong to a Christian Motorcyle organization. Is it wrong for this organization to use their motorcyles to witness to other bikers? ABSOLUTLY NOT. It is ANOTHER way to witness ABOUT GOD, and we do it in HIS GLORY. There are so MANY ways to reach out. We all have to find what works best for us, what God wants us to do. GOD BLESS YOU
First of all - IO am very sorry for such a late reply - I have been very busy with homework and other things in my life at the momet.

Secondly If you are very offended by what my mother wrote on ur post dont write that you need help from anyone - opinions or whatever you wrote - If your offended dont bring it up with me - bring it up with my mum - you can have her e-mail address
[email protected] - enjoy urslef, go wild.

Thirdly, if u arnt happy with my mum preaching to u - y not?
I go to the gospel every sunday - am am a very commited born again christian, that doesnt mean that I shoudnt listen. They are very prohitable. Obviously no harm was ment - and it was my dad aswell.

There are other ways to reach out to people other than to change your physical apperance, which God himself has designed.

Oct 22, 2009
i think its fine to get a tattoo i think its all according to what you get that matters.. i know preachers that have scriptures and stuff tattooed on them and i see nothing wrong with it... idk...but to me its all according to what u get marked on ur body...