TeamHoyt

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

grace

Sep 8, 2006
A very dear friend told me about TeamHoyt a little over a year ago.....and it has forever changed me as a parent!

I guess I decided to post this now because lately I have been struggling.

I am not a selfish person by nature....but I have found myself focusing more on what I don't have than what I do. :( I am really working on snapping out that!

I am incredibly blessed with three really, really great kids. I acctually tell them all the time that God must think I am pretty darn special, because out of all the moms in the world....He chose me to be their mom! What an honor!

BUT....(and here is the hard part to admit to you all)....even though I truly do feel that way...I am weary.
I am tired of doing this on my own. Some days I feel soooooo completly inadequate, and unmotivated. (and when I feel that way, I feel a bit ashamed..because I love my kids and I love being a mother). But, God never intended parenthood to be done solo....so its hard.

With all that said....TeamHoyt is truly an inspiration to me as to what can be done when you don't quit! I admire what they have done for their son sooo much. It has taught me that no matter how daunting something may seem.....you are stronger than you think...and capable beyond your own humaness. It has shown me the ability you have to impact your kids for good, or for bad. I do believe their son does have a very fulfilled life. :) And if they can do that with him...then I can make it on this journey with my kids. (alone or not)

If you have never heard of them before...I hope you are as blessed by them as I am. :)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDnrLv6z-mM[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFVGdZOhlL0[/video]

S

SamIam

If god didnt intend for parenting to be a one person job..... then im***

Last edited:
L

Lauren

Oh, that just made me cry like a baby....makes me ashamed of when I complain about life's problems. :)

~ Lauren

polarguyinak

Staff member
Jan 30, 2009
Thank you for sharing that, sister. I want to start applying that vision NOW.

God bless you!

P

Pineapple

Wow! Watching that really has been a blessing! How selfless! So amazing! Just wow!

S

Stephanie

I teared up a little. Loved the scripture at the end of th second video.