teen issue

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

curious

does anyone out there think it is appropariate for teen to be taken out of church due to lying.

N

nanabean

I can't imagine, no. Maybe a bit of an explaination would be good, though??

A

ariannaaa

shouldn't lying be more of a reason to keep the teen IN church..?

C

carpetmanswife

certainly needs to be in church

A

aprodigal1

I would say the teen needs to be in church, but held accountable for his actions. If the teen is a believer then Matthew 18 definitely applies and the teen needs to be talked to with the hopes of repentance.

If the teen is not a believer Matthew 18 still applies but with an evangelistic slant. What a great witness the church can be by forgiving this teen and allowing the teen to see we all fall short...even disciples.

A

aprodigal1

If the teen doesn't walk through the Matthew 18 process well then Matthew 18 does give instruction:

Matthew 18:16-17
16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ 17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.

Remember that Jesus was speaking to Jews, and in the First Century, the Jews would not eat with heathens or tax collectors. By way of analogy, Jesus is instructing us to not eat with, keep company with, or otherwise socialize with sinning brethren.

F

faith79

no, not appropriate but "lying" as you wrote is rather vague. Is it pathological lying? is it lying that is harming others to a significant degree? I can think of several situations I know of having happened in a church where lying was covering up something that was much, much worse than the lying itself.

F

FearlessJesusGurl

I dont believe that someone should be taken out of church for lying...yes it is wrong..yet God forgives and he would want that person to repent and all that...idk i dont believe keeping them out of church is helping them...
~B

May 21, 2009
We all sin.. Sounds wierd to me. Doesn't sound like a good church. Find a good church and stop lying. God bless you.

L

leelee25

I think that the whatever church this is needs to rethink the reason they are serving god. Christians are suppose to be a light to the world not judge and down people. Sounds to me that they are no better than the teen that lied.

L

Lifelike

does anyone out there think it is appropariate for teen to be taken out of church due to lying.
No, not for lying in itself, it would depend on a whole lot of other factors.

B

broken

If its one of those public, 'humiliate the sinner in front of the whole church things' you need to find another church.

B

beloved

Unfortunately, churches don't really show the real character of God and tend to be legalistic instead of loving. Too often they focus on the rights and wrongs of the actions instead on loving one another unconditionally. I would tend to ask "Why did the teen lie?" Was he\she affraid and wanted to cover up their fear of being caught or punished? If so, then why was there a need to be fearful...When we feel unconditionally loved and accepted, we are able to admit our wrong doings because we know we won't be rejected. God never wants us to fear Him when we do something wrong. Instead He says, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord, though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow..."(Is 1:18) In other words,He just wants us to talk to Him, let Him in our heart so that He can reveal the root cause of the need to lie. That way, He can show us just how much He really loves us. His love will fill that need and take away the fear that causes us to lie. I think that the teen in question needs to be shown unconditional love for it is the love of God that brings us to repentance or to change, not His wrath.

G

Graybeard

So many views already posted here without having the knowledge of all the facts, to much speculation, strange how Curious seems to have disappeared...

N

nanabean

So many views already posted here without having the knowledge of all the facts, to much speculation, strange how Curious seems to have disappeared...

I agree Graybeard......many are even saying things about the church itself, when it wasn't mentioned that it was the church that was trying to take the teen out of it......I didn't get that. As I said before ...maybe more of an explaination would be in order. But as you pointed out, Curious seems to have dissappeared.