Tell us something interesting (random facts thread)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Hey guys, just something really funny, which I encountered in the last week. Did you know that there are unicorns in the Bible? Look at: Deutronomy 33:17
His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.”
Just a fun fact. Does anybody know what is meant by that? ^^
Horn usually symbolizes strength and power in the Bible, by the virtue of being lifted up, and because it enables a normally herbivorous animal to fight, giving one who isn't a devourer, strength.
It probably refers to rhinoceros:
https://creationtoday.org/why-does-the-bible-mention-unicorns/
People have read into it throughout the Middle Ages and created unicorn mythology.
But unicorns exist even nowadays in the sense of sheep or goat, that have a natural genetic mutation and grow one horn. So yeah there are real unicorns more in the way we usually imagine them, even today.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018
I L O V E soup!!!!
I love it so much I should be SOOOOOO tall!!!! because my family told me "if you eat soup; you will grow tall" I am only 5 foot. They lied.

That's funny ! When I was a child. My Grandma use to tell me that if I kept drinking her coffee I was going to stay short. I'm 6"tall...

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hey guys, just something really funny, which I encountered in the last week. Did you know that there are unicorns in the Bible? Look at: Deutronomy 33:17 His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.” Just a fun fact. Does anybody know what is meant by that? ^^
Hello Sebastian98, a unicorn is believed to be a "wild ox" (NASB), or as @SoulWeaver just said, a rhinoceros.

~Deut
p.s. - still, it's much more fun to think of them like some of @Magenta's artwork portrays them, isn't it :)

Aug 2, 2009
Hey guys, just something really funny, which I encountered in the last week. Did you know that there are unicorns in the Bible? Look at: Deutronomy 33:17
His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.”
Just a fun fact. Does anybody know what is meant by that? ^^
It means unicorns are real :D

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
i love my family!!!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
A unicorn is when you grow a some corn and your plant only has one corncob.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
tenor.gif You want to know what you will be like after receiving the holy spirit.