Tell us your about most prophetic or amazing dream

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CC_Bride

Exactly, I was going to post something like this.

There is a quote from a 7th Century Christian monk named St John of Sinai (as in the same Sinai that the 10 Commandments were given from). Here is what he said about dreams:

"Demons often transform themselves into angels of light and take the form of martyrs, and make it appear to us during sleep that we are in communication with them. Then, when we wake up, they plunge us into unholy joy and conceit. But you can detect their deceit by this very fact. For angels reveal torments, judgments and separations; and when we wake up we find that we are trembling and sad. As soon as we begin to believe the demons in dreams, then they make sport of us when we are awake too. He who believes in dreams is completely inexperienced. But he who distrusts all dreams is a wise man. Only believe dreams that warn you of torments and judgments. But if despair afflicts you, then such dreams area also from demons." St John Climacus, "The Ladder of Divine Ascent", Step 3: On Exile or Pilgrimage (Boston: Holy Transfiguration Monastery, 1978)

Heres a quote from the bible:

1 Some time later, the cupbearer and the baker of the king of Egypt offended their master, the king of Egypt. 2 Pharaoh was angry with his two officials, the chief cupbearer and the chief baker, 3 and put them in custody in the house of the captain of the guard, in the same prison where Joseph was confined. 4 The captain of the guard assigned them to Joseph, and he attended them. After they had been in custody for some time, 5 each of the two men—the cupbearer and the baker of the king of Egypt, who were being held in prison—had a dream the same night, and each dream had a meaning of its own.
6 When Joseph came to them the next morning, he saw that they were dejected. 7 So he asked Pharaoh’s officials who were in custody with him in his master’s house, “Why do you look so sad today?”
8 “We both had dreams,” they answered, “but there is no one to interpret them.”
Then Joseph said to them, “Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell me your dreams.”
9 So the chief cupbearer told Joseph his dream. He said to him, “In my dream I saw a vine in front of me, 10 and on the vine were three branches. As soon as it budded, it blossomed, and its clusters ripened into grapes. 11 Pharaoh’s cup was in my hand, and I took the grapes, squeezed them into Pharaoh’s cup and put the cup in his hand.”
12 “This is what it means,” Joseph said to him. “The three branches are three days. 13 Within three days Pharaoh will lift up your head and restore you to your position, and you will put Pharaoh’s cup in his hand, just as you used to do when you were his cupbearer. 14 But when all goes well with you, remember me and show me kindness; mention me to Pharaoh and get me out of this prison. 15 I was forcibly carried off from the land of the Hebrews, and even here I have done nothing to deserve being put in a dungeon.”
16 When the chief baker saw that Joseph had given a favorable interpretation, he said to Joseph, “I too had a dream: On my head were three baskets of bread.[a] 17 In the top basket were all kinds of baked goods for Pharaoh, but the birds were eating them out of the basket on my head.”
18 “This is what it means,” Joseph said. “The three baskets are three days. 19 Within three days Pharaoh will lift off your head and impale your body on a pole. And the birds will eat away your flesh.”
20 Now the third day was Pharaoh’s birthday, and he gave a feast for all his officials. He lifted up the heads of the chief cupbearer and the chief baker in the presence of his officials: 21 He restored the chief cupbearer to his position, so that he once again put the cup into Pharaoh’s hand— 22 but he impaled the chief baker, just as Joseph had said to them in his interpretation.
23 The chief cupbearer, however, did not remember Joseph; he forgot him.

If your quote were true, then aparently the dream that belonged to the guy that lived (the cupbearer) would be demonic. But it is in fact not since Joseph said his interpretation was from God.

Since we know so little about the whole issue of dreams I don't think its right that we should just assume all the good dreams are demonic and the scary ones are judgement from God.

In my opinion its all about the content of the dream. Yes, Satan and his followers are decievers and liars and understand the art of fake encouragement. But I also know they are not in the business of redeeming people's sin. Only Jesus can do that, which is why after my first dream I was not without a doubt of whom it came from. If it were Satan he would not allow me to wake up, feeling peaceful and spiritually clean and happyeven though I was still dealing with daily abuse. For a young woman in the midst of constant abuse for the last 10 years to suddenly feel at peace and knowledgeable of God love, that sort of thing doesn't make sense to a normal person, and Satan hates peace. Jesus is the prince of peace not he.

C

CC_Bride

Since people managed to read my second to last post I will explain my second dream. So don't read this unless you've read my previous posts or else you won't understand it. And I hope I don't get banned or anything cos it does kind of have sexual content.

The dream occurred somewhere in July, 2009. Again it was very 3rd person, as if I was a bystander again.

I dreamt of a man who was a husband, who was very much in love with his wife. In the dream the man didn't verbally express his love, it was an emotion that just emanated from the man like I could feel his heart in some weird way. The most unbelievable love you can't imagine. Throughout the dream there were a series of incidences when the man walked in his house, went to bedroom and found his wife in bed with another man, literally in the middle of having sex. This happened multiple times, one after the other. And the heart ache and pain and jealousy that emanated from the man was extraordinarily horrible since I could feel it exactly as he felt it. And I watched as each time this woman, literally laughed, shrugged off the pain he was feeling, made excuses, lied, faked her love for her proper husband. And every time this happened all I could feel was how hurt and in pain the man was and how he forgave her every time and the awful callousness of the woman, who I was beginnning to hate very much for doing this to a bloke whom I could tell was the best choice for her. Interesting thing was, even though the man was jealous, he never attacked the other man, in fact it was pretty obvious he felt sad for him too.

Throughout this dream as a third party bystander, I kid you not I thought I was watching some evil slut on a JerrySpringer type show and in no way was I convinced that it was me. But finally with some horror I recognised the other bloke as my boyfriend. And I concluded that if that guy was my boyfriend then I had to be the awful woman who seemed happy with prostituting herself. Near the end, I just heard this awfully scary voice rebuking me with so much authority, asking me why I was giving all of my love to that guy instead of Him and I said "Because he saved me." To which the reply was "No he didn't! I did!" Even worse was the fact he didn't call me by my first name or beloved or anything like that He kept calling me Gomer, which I had no idea what that meant and sounded like the ugliest name on the planet.

Then I woke up. I cried for a number of hours since I had woken up around 4am just like my first dream. I spent a lot of time praying while crying with blobs of snot and tears hanging from my face asking for forgiveness and feeling very convicted and utterly disgusted with myself and feeling very humbled and dirty again which made me feel even worse since I knew it was a dirtiness I couldnt shower off. Iimmediately wrote down what happened in the dream (just as I wrote down my first one) and remembered the Gomer name so I typed it in Google and found out she was in the book of Hosea, so I read that entire book multiple times throughout that day and it was this section that opened my eyes to God opinion of me:

“Rebuke your mother, rebuke her, for she is not my wife, and I am not her husband. Let her remove the adulterous look from her face and the unfaithfulness from between her breasts. Otherwise I will strip her naked and make her as bare as on the day she was born;
I will make her like a desert, turn her into a parched land, and slay her with thirst. I will not show my love to her children, because they are the children of adultery. Their mother has been unfaithful and has conceived them in disgrace. She said, ‘I will go after my lovers, who give me my food and my water,
my wool and my linen, my olive oil and my drink.’

Therefore I will block her path with thornbushes; I will wall her in so that she cannot find her way. She will chase after her lovers but not catch them; she will look for them but not find them.
Then she will say, ‘I will go back to my husband as at first, for then I was better off than now.’ She has not acknowledged that I was the one who gave her the grain, the new wine and oil, who lavished on her the silver and gold— which they used for Baal.

“Therefore I will take away my grain when it ripens, and my new wine when it is ready. I will take back my wool and my linen, intended to cover her naked body. So now I will expose her lewdness before the eyes of her lovers; no one will take her out of my hands. I will stop all her celebrations: her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals. I will ruin her vines and her fig trees, which she said were her pay from her lovers; I will make them a thicket, and wild animals will devour them. I will punish her for the days she burned incense to the Baals;
she decked herself with rings and jewelry, and went after her lovers, but me she forgot,” declares the LORD.

“Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the wilderness and speak tenderly to her. There I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope. There she will respond as in the days of her youth, as in the day she came up out of Egypt.“In that day,” declares the LORD, “you will call me ‘my husband’; you will no longer call me ‘my master. I will remove the names of the Baals from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked. I will betroth you to me forever; I will betroth you in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion. I will betroth you in faithfulness, and you will acknowledge the LORD.

Hosea 2:2-20

C

CC_Bride

I feel God used that dream and that reference to Gomer and Hosea as the strongest and best piece of discipline I had ever recieved in my life.

A few days later I called my boyfriend on the phone and broke up with him and felt horrible for it. He was what I considered a wonderfully decent person and I hugely respected him and his parents, and to everyone else they thought I was making a huge mistake by letting such a guy leave. But the good thing about it was how amicable and nice the whole thing went. I cried about a week for him then after that the taps turned off and I got over it.

And for the first time in my life I was single and incredibly overjoyed at that fact and was looking forward to giving God at least five years or so of being a "Bride of Christ" so to speak until I figured I would pursue godly marriage. But shortly thereafter, I went to an event at my college church where every single male between 18 and 35 declared they would only marry a virgin. Even though I wasn't looking for a boyfriend this upset me hugely and I wondered if any decent Jesus loving man would ever marry me. And I prayed about it and I told God that he could choose the next one and I looked through the bible and asked him for a husband that fitted His ideal not mine.

Due to what happened at that event I stopped hanging out with a lot of people from church and just maintained my volunteering and Sunday attendance. But I was very lonely for christian friends (since the majority of my best long term friends were non christians). So I joined CC. About a week later I met my future husband here.

J

Jullianna

I have these really wierd "mini dreams", flashes actually (while I'm asleep) some of which will happen 2 to 3 years before the actual event or conversation occurs. It doesn't happen often..maybe once or twice a year. It's never been anything major though. It seems like it happens so I will be prepared for the event. I've had them since I was a kid.

I did have one dream a few years ago where a detective friend of mine was questioning a man in a white car and the man shot him. It bothered me so much that I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I called my friend the next day and he told me they had actually been looking for a man with a white car. My friend is a christian, had known me for years and knew I'd never experienced anything like that before, so he approached the situation with caution and came out safely.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jordache

Hmmm... I've had lots of dreams and visions. One dream I had was very revealing about my past. Another also having to do with my past was about the authority we have in proclaiming the name of Jesus.
I also once had a word for someone. It started as a red spot and as if a camera
was moving back the picture expanded. As it pulled back it revealed that the red spot was a red rose outside of a broken window. The window was in a dark, dreary, and unkept cabin. I have no recollection of what it meant, but I do remember it had a
profound effect on the person I gave it to. For some reason those symbols were very profound to
him.
Oh and last one, I promise
I was a leader at a highschool retreat. There were 4 churches present. During a
ministry time there was a young girl who just started sobbing...like loud and devastating. There a group of her concerned friends crowded around her (all guys) who were so close you couldn't even see her. I felt uncomfortable about all the boys surrounding her, not because they were doing anything wrong, but just because
I felt the nature of the issue required someone with a little more wisdom and experience and estrogen. I didn't feel I had the authority to "break it up" so I spoke with her
pastor and he blew me off. However I still felt that it was inappropriate. My husband and a
friend actually pushed through the crowd and started praying for her and doing some crowd control. I then walked right in, nodded my husband to the side and sat right next to the girl to pray for her. As I started, my
Husband and friend felt it was under control and left me. There were still a dozen kids around.
And the Lord gave me a very specific word of knowledge. It was such that it was a very sensitive topic so I whispered into the girls
ear and she confirmed that the Lord had told me exactly what she was experiencing. So I held her and prayed with her. It was pretty supernatural.

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
I have these really wierd "mini dreams", flashes actually (while I'm asleep) some of which will happen 2 to 3 years before the actual event or conversation occurs. It doesn't happen often..maybe once or twice a year. It's never been anything major though. It seems like it happens so I will be prepared for the event. I've had them since I was a kid.

I did have one dream a few years ago where a detective friend of mine was questioning a man in a white car and the man shot him. It bothered me so much that I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I called my friend the next day and he told me they had actually been looking for a man with a white car. My friend is a christian, had known me for years and knew I'd never experienced anything like that before, so he approached the situation with caution and came out safely.
I've had this sort of thing happen to me in the past. But when it actually happens I can never tell if its de-ja vu or if I'm imagining it, but I could swear I've had dreams about meeting people I've never seen before in my life, and then actually met them years later.

I've never believed in the whole visions and prophetic dreams thing, but......

I

IamachildofGOD

Ok here goes one dream that I when I was abound 19 yrs old. I was driving down US 41 by the local high school when someone pulls out had hits me. I could hear the scream from the people in the other car. The only thing I didn't see was the faces in the car. About 7 months after that dream, Someone hit me in the same spot, the same color of car and same screams as in the dream. The Only difference that wasn't in the dream was, the Lord told me to slow down. Not knowin what I dreamed 7 months before was about to happen. Also, I was about 4 when my Uncle was shot. He had went to help his dad with a new addition to his house (grandfather's house). It was getting late and he told everyone, If I don't get home, the next time you see me will be at my furneral. The very next day, he was shot. Couple days later the family was attending his furneral. I have had several dreams that came true. but like everyone has said, not all dreams are from God or comes true.

B

Be_Evergreen

In my dream, it was understood that God was going to show me what it physically felt like to die. I understood, and He shut me down. It was peaceful, but numb- it scared me to death because I was not waking up on the spiritual side, and I wanted to be alive again. So God woke me back up, and asked me what that meant.

It was one of my most terrifying dreams, in an awing sort of way. I had been in a spiritual slump, and this dream scared me Awake!

Besides that, which I dreamed a month or so ago, there is no other. I don't think I've ever had a prophetic dream.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
if a dream is from God, God will either reveal the meaning of the dream to you, or to someone who will explain it to you.
I completely, wholeheartedly agree with this. If God gives you a dream, He will let you know what it means. And the interpretation, whether it's a warning OR a sweet, loving message, will bring some measure of peace, as well as a ring of truth, if it is truly from God.

There is a quote from a 7th Century Christian monk named St John of Sinai (as in the same Sinai that the 10 Commandments were given from). Here is what he said about dreams:

"Demons often transform themselves into angels of light and take the form of martyrs, and make it appear to us during sleep that we are in communication with them. Then, when we wake up, they plunge us into unholy joy and conceit. But you can detect their deceit by this very fact... Only believe dreams that warn you of torments and judgments.
I see no hard-and-fast rules in the bible about good dreams being from demons. I also agree with CC_Bride's example. Don't accept everything you hear from a "Christian warrior" that spouts spiritual wisdom any more than you should accept everything you hear in a dream.

For angels reveal torments, judgments and separations; and when we wake up we find that we are trembling and sad.
Angels can also bring "good tidings of great joy"; as I'm sure you will agree

Do you see the wise discernment of the first quote?
Yes, in this part: "But he who distrusts all dreams is a wise man."