Telling my daughters grandparents they have a granddaughter

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

katydiddone

Hey everyone, I have been very hesitant on whether to post on here or not, going back and forth but I need some advice and I think this may be a good place to get it. A little background is that I am divorced have been for about 2 and a half years. I found out I was pregnant inApril of 2011 and had broken up with my boyfriend just a couple weeks prior (Its his), We sat down over lunch and I told him about the baby. And his intial response was "Marry me" because I had already been divorced I told him no, but if he wanted to get back together and try dating again that I would be okay with that and try to work things out and maybe it would lead to marriage later on. After my response to his proposal he told me if I didnt want to marry him now then he didn't want to be a part of our baby's life.

Fast forward.... I only heard from him once after that at the end of August beginning of September when I was in the hospital for slight complications, and I needed to know if there were any health concerns on his side of the family. He told me no, and to lose his number. After that I sent him one message online giving him details about his baby and he deleted and changed all of his contact information.

I had my daughter Harper December 26, 2012 and have to this date never heard anything from him and I've been okay with it for the most part. I don't understand how a grown man could turn his back on his own flesh and blood but thats his choice. I am in a serious relationship now and am engaged to be married. My soon to be husband has taken care of my daughter like his own and loves her very much and wants to adopt her once we are married. But I need a paternity test from her father and him to sign his rights over and I have not been able to contact him.

Now, I never met his parents because they were always in and out of town, I have been to their home and was told a lot about them and know that they are good christian people. His dad is in a christian singing group that travels around tennessee. And I know that they have two other grand daughters from their other son. I have struggled with this part the most because I don't think he has told his parents about Harper, and I know they would want to know about her. I've finally made up my mind now that she is nine months old to write his parents a letter about their grand daughter, explaining everything including the hopeful adoption.

This is where the help comes in....How do I tell them?

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Katy just be totally honest with them about the whole situation. They will probably want to be in her life.
PS Harper is a beautiful name

K

katydiddone

my biggest concern is what if they already knew, and just don't care. It's just scary.

But thank you, her name is Harper Rose

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
If they dont care sister, move on. Their loss

O

OFM

i am adopted it matters for them too know b blessed praying.

S

shekaniah

I would want to know, So I think you should tell them.

My prayers and heart go out to you!
In Jesus Name, Amen

C

chuinchoy

If I were told that I have a daughter, me and my wife would do anything (of course legally and spiritually) to have her. Just don't understand why there are some people who can be bleesed with a child yet they don't want while others are craving for 1 and yet dont have.

Sep 13, 2012
I don't understand how he could act that way towards his child, I have seven grand kids now and five of them through my stepdaughter the daddies want nothing to do with them, , I didnt get to see my little girl much when she was born, got to be involved in her life for a few years then her mom made herself vanish, I haven't gotten the opportunity to see her since and now she's 20, I have hired private detectives and everything else and she cant be found. I would give anything to have been able to be a part of my daughters life, and yet was denied that opportunity due to her mother being selfish, this guy doesn't know what a great gift he is throwing away