Temptation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
Temptation can be very hard to resist. It is most helpful, I think, to be careful not to think sinful thoughts, because once we tempt ourselves, we probably will give in to that temptation, sooner or later.

Feb 16, 2011
Tempting ourself is being drawn away of our own lust. We need to avoid whatever is tempting us and find something else to do.

D

Deadflesh

Matthew 4:1
Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

Matthew 6:13
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For your is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Jesus was LED to be tempted. And THEN Jesus prayed for Us, to NOT be lead into temptation.

So these are my questions:

Does GOD lead us INTO temptation as testing?
(God doesnt TEMPT, but he leads us INTO IT, that is apparent i nthe above verses)

To see where our heart is?

Satan ASKS to sift us like wheat, and then GOD allows it?

And then if God sees our heart is NOT compleltey loving HIM, then he allows satan to continue sifting as a form of Judgment/chastisement, untll we repent right?

L

Laodicea

Romans 6:16
(16) Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

When we are tempted we need to surrender to Christ

S

SylviaheartJC

James 1: 13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.
:) I always try to avoid sinful thoughts when I see this is the consequence :
15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.