tergiversation: Papist-Protestant tergiversation regarding John 15:26.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scotth1960

Tergiversation: Papist-Protestant tergiversation regarding John 15:26.

tergiversation: 1. evasion of straightforward action or clear-cut statement. 2. desertion of a cause, position, party, or faith.
Merriam-Webster Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online

Papist-Protestant tergiversation on John 15:26. They desert the holy cause of Monopatrism (procession of the Spirit from the Father alone [ek monou tou Patros]), and add the unholy, evil, heretical words "and (from) the Son" Filioque to John 15:26 and to the Nicene Creed, of the evil, evil third council of Toledo, Spain of 589 AD, and make blessed Saint Augustine of Hippo say things he never said or intended to be added to the Holy Creed. The LORD Jesus Christ in the Bible, St. John 15:26, does not say "and the Son", and He does say: "But when the Comforter is come, Whom I shall send unto you, from the Father, even the Spirit of the Truth, Who proceedeth from the Father, He shall give testimony regarding Me." God bless all of us now and ever and unto the ages of ages in the blessed Kingdom of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. In Erie PA October 2/15, 2011 AD Mister Scott R. Harrington, United States of America: God bless America!

B

Bloodwashed

Not sure of your point! Sounds like a hair split!

R

RachelBibleStudent

calling people 'papists' is a protestant thing lol

S

Scotth1960

calling

people 'papists' is a protestant thing lol
Not necessarily.

The pope of Rome since 1014 AD was the first

Protestant; all of the Protestants are ego

(auto)-papists. Protestantism/Catholicism are

two sides of the same Augustinian Coin.

Go figure! Popes of Rome transfer the

authority from the Church to themselves;

Protestants transfer the authority from both

popes of Rome and from the Church to

themselves. Rationalism is the basic Western

cause of schism and heresy from the Truth;

and subjectivism, which makes both

Protestantism and Catholicism deviate from

sound doctrine, from the true Gospel doctrine

of the Orthodox Church, the Church that Christ

founded.

S

Scotth1960

Not

sure of your point! Sounds like a

hair split!
Dear friend:

If it is hair splitting, then you are

saying, then, that Jesus Christ is

splitting hairs, aren't you?

Don't you care what Christ says in

John 15:26? There is no verse in

the Gospels where Christ is

speaking that we should not care

about. Just because you may not

understand why it's important not

to say "and the Son" doesn't mean

John 15:26 isn't important, nor is it

a matter of splitting hairs. Splitting

hairs would more apply to

controversies like the

miaphysite/monophysite

controversy between the

Chalcedonian Eastern Orthodox

Church and the non-Chalcedonian

Oriental Orthodox Church. In Erie

PA USA October 2/15, 2011 AD

Mr. Scott R. Harrington

B

Bloodwashed

Thank you for the large print, @ 62 my eyes are getting weak! I said I didn't understand your point. Did you make any effort to make it clear to me? No, you did not. I know of a site, where the RCC, & The EO seem to get along real nicely. I'v not really seen that here! What is up with that? I think Christ said He was building His Church, & the gates of hell would not prevail against It. I think Christ is way bigger than our little, or big denomanations!
Always in His Love, Peace Mark

S

Scotth1960

Thank you for the large print, @ 62 my eyes are getting weak! I said I didn't understand your point. Did you make any effort to make it clear to me? No, you did not. I know of a site, where the RCC, & The EO seem to get along real nicely. I'v not really seen that here! What is up with that? I think Christ said He was building His Church, & the gates of hell would not prevail against It. I think Christ is way bigger than our little, or big denomanations!
Rome is about 85 to 95 percent in agreement with the Orthodox Church. Where Orthodoxy disagrees with Rome is in the false teaching of the Bull Unam Sanctam by Pope Boniface VIII: "It is altogether necessary unto salvation for every soul to be subject unto the Roman Pontiff." This is not true. It's only being necessary to be subject unto God, to Jesus Christ, to be saved. It is not necessary to follow any man but Jesus Christ; we can have many human teachers in the Church, but none of these are infallible or can declare themselves rightly to be without error. But Vatican I wrongly teaches that the popes of Rome are infallible. They are not. Only God, Jesus, is infallible. Every Protestant knows that. Every Eastern Orthodox Christian knows that. And believes that, faithfully. God save us ! Amen.

B

Bloodwashed

"It is altogether necessary unto salvation for every soul to be subject unto the Roman Pontiff.

Oh!!! Yea, I don't buy that!! Thanks for the education! In His Love Mark!

Nov 23, 2011
Scotth1960;570980 said:
Tergiversation: Papist-Protestant tergiversation regarding John 15:26.

tergiversation: 1. evasion of straightforward action or clear-cut statement. 2. desertion of a cause, position, party, or faith.
Merriam-Webster Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online

Papist-Protestant tergiversation on John 15:26. They desert the holy cause of Monopatrism (procession of the Spirit from the Father alone [ek monou tou Patros]), and add the unholy, evil, heretical words "and (from) the Son" Filioque to John 15:26 and to the Nicene Creed, of the evil, evil third council of Toledo, Spain of 589 AD, and make blessed Saint Augustine of Hippo say things he never said or intended to be added to the Holy Creed. The LORD Jesus Christ in the Bible, St. John 15:26, does not say "and the Son", and He does say: "But when the Comforter is come, Whom I shall send unto you, from the Father, even the Spirit of the Truth, Who proceedeth from the Father, He shall give testimony regarding Me." God bless all of us now and ever and unto the ages of ages in the blessed Kingdom of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. In Erie PA October 2/15, 2011 AD Mister Scott R. Harrington, United States of America: God bless America!

John 15:26 says (Christ our Saviour says):

"But when the Comforter has come, Whom I shall send unto
you from the Father, even the Spirit of the Truth, Who proceedeth from the Father, He shall give testimony about Me."

In Erie PA Scott H.

Nov 23, 2011
Bloodwashed;571153 said:
Dear Bloodwashed. JESUS CHRIST SAID the Spirit "PROCEEDS FROM THE FATHER". The Catholics, Lutherans, Anglican, Calvinists (Presbyterians), Methodists, and other Christians add the words "AND THE SON". But the Bible DOES NOT SAY "AND THE SON". It is a tragedy there is not yet unity of The Faith among all Christians. Christ prayed for such Unity (JOHN 17). In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington PS GOD BLESS YOU.