Thank of Others

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
I was thanking of something to post; I ran across the verse from philippians. It was talking about looking not just at your own interests, but the interests of others. A good example was tonight i went out to eat with family members. We had planned this one place to eat and at the last sec they changed their mind. They wanted to go to place that was not my favorite choice. I didn't say different and went long anyway.

Philippians 2:4
Each of you should look not
only to your own interests, but
also to the interests of others.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Another example of putting the other first...

Accept anyone who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of arguing over differences of opinion. One person believes that he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. The person who eats any kind of food must not ridicule the person who does not eat them, and the person who does not eat certain foods must not criticize the person who eats them, for God has accepted him.
(Rom 14:1-3)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave - just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

P

psychomom

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly;
it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. (1Cor 13:4-7)

O

oldthennew

what a good THREAD with some great scripture....THANKS Von1.

it's really all about UN-SELFISHNESS and putting others first in our walk -
it's really the RECIPE for 'putting-away-the-old-man'...

we must crucify the LUST of the flesh, and all carnal desires...for the privilege that our Father
lays out before us to serve and honor others is the most definitely the High-Road...

the Bible tells us that it is more blessed to give than to receive, and true givers know how true this is -
the Lord takes this thought even further by telling us that when we are truly serving others, we should
make a point of serving those who cannot reciprocate...

Sep 6, 2014
1 Corinthians 10:24
Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor.

Romans 15:1-7
1We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 2Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. 3For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me. 4For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. 5Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: 6That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.