Thank You Lord For Your Blessings On Me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 12, 2009
My parents divorced when I was 5 years old and me and my brother and sister spent the next 4 years being passed back and forth between our parents, never settling down, never at peace and rest. When I was 9 years old, the court allowed us to choose which parent we wanted to stay with and that parent would get custody if we so chose. I was distraught. How could a person choose between the two very people who gave them life. In the end, it was split so that I chose my mom and my brother and sister chose my dad. Things never really worked out and we still ended up back and forth despite the court-ordered cutody arrangement. When I was 13, my brother, sister and I were living in a Foster Home in NC (USA). My dad was in TN and he came to get us. 6 months later, we were back in Foster care. My brother eventually aged out of the system and me and my sister ended up in a home together and were going to get adopted. It was while living with that family and through that family (going to church and such) that I realized that even though I was abandoned by my earthly family, I still had God. I still had a Father in Heaven who loved me and would be there for me no matter what. After four years of living with the family, we decided it was best for me to move on because we just could not get along. My sister got adopted and I went back into the system. It was at that point that I lost my faith. I was hanging with the wrong crowd and getting in trouble and running away every other week and could care less what happened because I felt like it no longer mattered. I convinced myself that God had abandoned me also. It was later in my life that I realized I had abandoned Him. I let the world take me in and change me. I ended up with the family that eventually adopted me. They were a good christian family and they helped me through the years to regain my faith. They stood by me through the tears and depression and waited on me to be ready for my new life. I thank God every day for them because they were a gift from Him. He used them to bring me back to Him after years of struggling and fighting against Him. I cannot say even after all of this that it has been easy. I have had my ups and downs and times when I was ready to just give up. But somehow, every time, He reminds me of where I was in my life and how He kept His promise that I would get through it, and I know that no matter how bad my days are and how much I hurt, He is there for me. Thank You Lord For Your Blessings On Me!

B

Beeb0

I'm greatful that you regained your faith. It's true, Jesus is always with us & when we hurt, he hurts more.

grace

Sep 8, 2006
Your story breaks my heart...BUT also shows the faithfulness of our Lord. You have a powerful testimony. Be blessed with His love for you!

F

faithhopelove73

Thank you for sharing your testimony...it touches my heart how you overcame all the odds and recognized God's love and faithfulness.
Be blessed and stay strong in the Lord!
Jeremiah 29:11 (Amplified Bible)

11For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.