That Still Small voice.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

One day I was just overwhelmed and pressed. I put all my things away, the bible, the computer and any other distraction. I shut myself in my closet and put my head on my desk, and I was determined to hear from the Lord. I was determined to hear him. And then came a lot of thoughts and noises. I had to rebuke them all really. Any previous reasons I had heard as to how the Lord doesn't do this and he doesn't do that. Or anything I might have said that would contradict what I was determined to do.

I lay there for a LONG time, trying to put all thoughts and noises out. Just trying to stay empty and ready to hear what the Lord would say. I was DETERMINED to hear him. And as I lay there, when I least expected it, I heard, ''I did not say it, 1st John did.''

This voice was not a thought. It was as it was recorded, a STILL SMALL VOICE. And I woke up, well, I wasn't sleep but just really zoned. LOL. I don't know how to say it. Anyhow, I woke up out of it and I said, ''what did 1st John say?'' And I went to 1st John, and those words were EXACTLY what I needed to hear at the time. I wonder what they say again. I will go get them and post them here. Maybe I need to hear them again. Let's see:

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1st John

HAHAHAHAH AMEN!!!!!! HAHAHA!! HALLELUJAH!!! GLORY TO THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY WHO REIGNS FOREVER!!! PERFECT MESSAGE!! HAHA.

Jan 26, 2009
I hav heard his auidble voice couple of times LOUD Roar lol in lack of better words but only funny thing is those were the times I wasnt prayin or praising just v unexpectedly,whele there r times I really think I might hear something but nothing lol
He can be soft n speak gentlt too perhaps even wishper audible voice in my life had been very rare

R

Ramon

I hav heard his auidble voice couple of times LOUD Roar lol in lack of better words but only funny thing is those were the times I wasnt prayin or praising just v unexpectedly,whele there r times I really think I might hear something but nothing lol
He can be soft n speak gentlt too perhaps even wishper audible voice in my life had been very rare
YES! That is exactly it. I was about to just get up and leave the room several times. At one point I got afraid that God might actually speak to me in a loud voice. All these games were going on in my mind. And right when I didn't expect, I got a little calm, almost joyful type voice,, ''I didn't say it, 1st John did.''

And I was actually talking and I said, ''WHAT DID 1st John say,'' in response. It reminds me of when I think David was running away from his enemies. And the wind came, but he was not in the wind, and other sounds and noises, but he was not in those things (This is how we expect him to do it. lol). But then a simple still small voice.

Haha. God is so awesome!! He doesn't come as we expect but he does come in due time. May Jesus bless you.

p.s. Only once has he spoken to me this way so far. But he has spoken to me in many other forms and ways too.

I

IQ

I have heard his audible voice couple of times LOUD Roar lol in lack of better words but only funny thing is those were the times I wasn't praying or praising just v unexpectedly,while there r times I really think I might hear something but nothing lol
He can be soft n speak gently too perhaps even whisper audible voice in my life had been very rare
I heard it only once - just about jumped out of my skin. I had been studying a great deal about spiritual warfare. There are so many conflicting views and approaches. I was very confused and very frustrated. I was also praying a lot for guidance. One day while driving in my car, one of my favorite places to pray - I heard a voice saying "You will not be deceived". I jumped - it was hilarious what came out of my mouth! "Dude! I'm driving!" LOL I still laugh when I think about it. I did apologize for the outburst later (as soon as I calmed down). To this day I am not sure if that pertained only to matters pertaining spiritual warfare, to spiritual truth or was it a general or absolute statement. Well,I guess I won't know that any time soon. God Bless.

R

Ramon

I heard it only once - just about jumped out of my skin. I had been studying a great deal about spiritual warfare. There are so many conflicting views and approaches. I was very confused and very frustrated. I was also praying a lot for guidance. One day while driving in my car, one of my favorite places to pray - I heard a voice saying "You will not be deceived". I jumped - it was hilarious what came out of my mouth! "Dude! I'm driving!" LOL I still laugh when I think about it. I did apologize for the outburst later (as soon as I calmed down). To this day I am not sure if that pertained only to matters pertaining spiritual warfare, to spiritual truth or was it a general or absolute statement. Well,I guess I won't know that any time soon. God Bless.
LOL. That made me laugh. My reaction was the same. It must have been like when Peter saw the transfiguration of Jesus. He was so much in a daze he said something silly. I laughed at that.

LOL. ''Dude, I'm driving.'' LOL!!!

I

IQ

LOL. That made me laugh. My reaction was the same. It must have been like when Peter saw the transfiguration of Jesus. He was so much in a daze he said something silly. I laughed at that.

LOL. ''Dude, I'm driving.'' LOL!!!
Thank heaven I am not unique! I guess there is no way to be prepared for a thing like that. Thank heaven the Lord has a sense of humor!

R

Ramon

Thank heaven I am not unique! I guess there is no way to be prepared for a thing like that. Thank heaven the Lord has a sense of humor!
HAHA!! AMEN!!

Hey. One time I went outside, and I was, again determined to hear from God. And there were these tall trees out there. And I felt sorry for the trees. I wondered how a tree so high could be cut down so low. And the wind was blowing harder and harder. As I sat outside with my head on the bench I got afraid again. LOL! I was afraid that he might actually speak to me in an audible voice again. But this time I left.

Sometimes I am hesitant to go higher in him. It is because it takes so much faith to do it. But I know he is preparing me and many saints for these things, as the powers of this world are arming themselves against us. Dreams, visions, prophecies, are going to increase as they are now. And the Lord revealing himself more and more to the saints. Even visiting them. It is going to be awesome. The Holy Spirit is going to literally POUR OUT! And even now is pouring out!!! AMEN!!

May Jesus bless you.

I

IQ

HAHA!! AMEN!!

Hey. One time I went outside, and I was, again determined to hear from God. And there were these tall trees out there. And I felt sorry for the trees. I wondered how a tree so high could be cut down so low. And the wind was blowing harder and harder. As I sat outside with my head on the bench I got afraid again. LOL! I was afraid that he might actually speak to me in an audible voice again. But this time I left.

Sometimes I am hesitant to go higher in him. It is because it takes so much faith to do it. But I know he is preparing me and many saints for these things, as the powers of this world are arming themselves against us. Dreams, visions, prophecies, are going to increase as they are now. And the Lord revealing himself more and more to the saints. Even visiting them. It is going to be awesome. The Holy Spirit is going to literally POUR OUT! And even now is pouring out!!! AMEN!!

May Jesus bless you.
I hear you Ramon! It has only happened the once and I am quite ambivalent about it happening again. Still, His Will not mine be done. I just hope I can receive it with a bit more aplomb.:eek:

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Last Year my son and I were driving through a really bad snowstorm in Montana and we were towing a trailer. It was really windy and there were big rigs stuck in the middle of the highway and on the sides. A few times it got so windy all I could see was white, I couldn't even see the hood of the truck. I said out loud "Wow, this is like the wrath of God'. I immediately heard a voice say "Don't you know I love you?". I said "Yes, Lord but I can't always hear you". I wish I could hear Him more, but I am thankful for the few times that I have heard Him.

God Bless You

Kimber321

Jan 31, 2011
Dude, I'm driving? LOLOLOL!!!!!! Oh my goodness, we are sooo human! lol

R

Ramon

Last Year my son and I were driving through a really bad snowstorm in Montana and we were towing a trailer. It was really windy and there were big rigs stuck in the middle of the highway and on the sides. A few times it got so windy all I could see was white, I couldn't even see the hood of the truck. I said out loud "Wow, this is like the wrath of God'. I immediately heard a voice say "Don't you know I love you?". I said "Yes, Lord but I can't always hear you". I wish I could hear Him more, but I am thankful for the few times that I have heard Him.

God Bless You
Amen!!! It is just awesome how he does it. With our silly minds we might have expected him to say ''YES, IT IS MY WRATH, FEAR ME!''

But that is not like him at all!!! I love the Lord so much. Amen!!

May Jesus bless you. Oh, and that is the way many people responded when the voice of the Lord came to them, ''Yes Lord...'' AMEN!