The Absence of Free Will

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
The world would look like it does.A dying creation as the wrath of God revealed from heaven. God did not create free will agents as empty blobs of flesh .

But rather in programming set up laws according to the letter, scripture. Mankind chose do the will of another the father of lies immediately they knew they were naked .The glory of God departed .

The whole world as one corrupted world government under the god of this world .

The Son of man Jesus set the example for a kingdom of preist not under the authority of This world .Ambassadors from a foreign land

The new heavenly Jerusalamen/Zion prepared as His eternal bride. . Eating or doing the will of the father that worked in Jesus . The food of the father's will as that which at first the disciples knew not of . The same food or meat of the Word that was rejected by doing the will of another in the garden.

John 4:33-35 King James Version (KJV) Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

Free will to a Christian is to do the will of the father. Those who want no part of that will can search but not find salvation. .Just freedom to oppose it. we should do so without murmuring .Seeing it is God who does work in in us both to will and do His good pleasure .
This is one of your posts that I agree with.

Jan 5, 2020
What does a world look like in the absence of free will. I understand this will knock on the Calvinist door but it also knocks on the atheists door also. And the atheist is who I usually spend time debating as to why I am challenging that worldview and that view has unknowingly persuaded other Christians. The world of a true materialist is a world absent of free will.
Without free will, everything is stuck of predetermined rails, and fate is truly where we are heading.
The bible is full of God providing a promise and a curse, choose this or that way.
Sounds like the creator has allowed us to choose, and desires us to choose His blessing.

But hey mankind seems determined to drive themselves off the cliff because they can.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't agree with your belief system.

I believe in the doctrines of grace, which include eternal security. And, I don't think someone needs to understand the doctrines of grace to be saved.

I think people can be confused on some doctrinal issues, but still be saved. However, I don't think a real believer will deny the deity of Christ, substitutionary atonement, original sin, inspiration and infallibility of Scripture, original sin, the Triune God if those teachings have been presented to them.
Do you believe that even after God regenerates the natural man, 1 Cor 2:14, and has given him the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, Eph 2:5, that that regenerated man, still carries the baggage of his totally depraved nature with him? I may be wrong, but it seems to me, that you are forgetting how bad the eternally saved person can convert back into his old depraved nature, until God's chastening pricks his guilty heart to repent, and come back into a good relationship with his God.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Without free will, everything is stuck of predetermined rails, and fate is truly where we are heading.
The bible is full of God providing a promise and a curse, choose this or that way.
Sounds like the creator has allowed us to choose, and desires us to choose His blessing.

But hey mankind seems determined to drive themselves off the cliff because they can.
I agree and my own body and mind prove it to be true quite often as the flesh struggles with the training and submission. It is a constant daily walk. A bearing of our crosses daily. A Christians walk is never easy and Satan and his demonic forces are always looking for weaknesses including the world that tries to persecute the believers. Scripture is quite clear that the Christian must remain faithful and hold true against all opposition or it will be equally unpleasant for the believer who apostates or loses faith.