The absurdity and heresy of Preterism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

God had already promised years ago to restore Jerusalem and kingly rulership therein (Jeremiah 30:18 KJV) and Ezra 7:14 KJV specifically says the king's decree concerned "Judah and Jerusalem", not just temple. Judah was the entire region surrounding Jerusalem, the walled capital city within.

Please stop insisting Artaxerxes' 457 B.C. decree only concerned the temple. Ezra 7 KJV explicitly says it concerned Judah, Jerusalem, the establishment of the priesthood, education system, judicial system, constabulary, and the wall around Jerusalem in the region of Judah.

Ezra 9:9 KJV plainly says God extended mercy in the sight of the kings of Persia "to give us a wall" meaning royal authorization of a wall had been established long before 445/444 B.C. Therefore, reckoning of Daniel 9:25 KJV MUST begin at 457 B.C.
Once again, if this is true, your time does not fit, your 12 years early to the end of the 69th week

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
Do you not think that God will at some point judge the world, and reward and punish?
Yes I do believe once the creation is perfected He will return for the final judgement, that said I believe everything in Mat. 24 the verse I was talking about, that Jesus looked them in the eyes and told His followers as clearly as possible that " this generation will not pass before ALL these thing take place". The judgement on the covenant breakers, again the Jews of the day that reject Him and call for His blood to be on their heads and the heads of their children, yea those people got exactly what they asked for just like Jesus said. He said judgement and the end of the "AGE", not world, did in fact come just like He said and the whole Mosaic age was over and the temple of God that had served it's purpose to point to the coming Messiah. He came and was "THE WAY" to reconciliation with our Creator, just like Jesus said "It is finished". I believe that part is over and now Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father, granted ALL authority in heaven....and on earth, reigning until all enemies have been made a footstool for His feet.

I can't lie and have to admit that the final judgement is my least studied subject. I honestly was embarrassed how off balance it threw me. Now exposed I am going to read up and see what I find, of the truth His Spirit leads me too and how everything fits together, or what problems with where I am now. I don't want to give the complete wrong impression here, I have of course been over this stuff before, my embarrassment comes in not being able to recall the information on command. I feel I should be able to present this case anytime anywhere, at all time. So to answer your question, Yes. I do believe God will at some point judge the world, and reward and punish. I think it says that pretty clearly.

Aug 3, 2019
Once again, if this is true, your time does not fit, your 12 years early to the end of the 69th week
If you start at 457 B.C., and count 483 years, you come to 27 A.D., the only year Tiberius, Pilate, and Herod reigned simultaneously, and the year Jesus was baptized, according to Luke 3 and the Syro-Macedonian calendar used anciently in that region.

Jesus was "about 30 years old" when He was baptized, which would be in 27 A.D. because He was born around 3 or 4 B.C.

E

eternally-gratefull

If you start at 457 B.C., and count 483 years, you come to 27 A.D., the only year Tiberius, Pilate, and Herod reigned simultaneously, and the year Jesus was baptized, according to Luke 3 and the Syro-Macedonian calendar used anciently in that region.

Jesus was "about 30 years old" when He was baptized, which would be in 27 A.D. because He was born around 3 or 4 B.C.
Your still 3 years short

no OT prophet said you would know the messiah by him being baptized

messiah was said to come riding on a donkey, that is the end of the 69th week, he died on the cross as prophesied by Gabriel (after 62 and seven weeks messiah shall be cut off)

the math fits perfectly

the next event occurred in 70ad almost 40 years later. Yet non of the things Gabriel told daniel would occur at the end of the 70 weeks had yet even occured,

Aug 3, 2019
Your still 3 years short

no OT prophet said you would know the messiah by him being baptized

messiah was said to come riding on a donkey, that is the end of the 69th week, he died on the cross as prophesied by Gabriel (after 62 and seven weeks messiah shall be cut off)

the math fits perfectly

the next event occurred in 70ad almost 40 years later. Yet non of the things Gabriel told daniel would occur at the end of the 70 weeks had yet even occured,
Do you realize that "Messiah" means "anointed", right? We just gonna ignore that and pretend that ginormous fact doesn't matter, right? When did Messiah begin to fulfill the OT prophecies? When He rode the donkey? Please read Isaiah 61 KJV. It was immediately after His baptism.

When was Jesus "anointed"? When He rode that donkey, or 3 1/2 years earlier in the Jordan?

I just found your missing 3 years ;)

E

eternally-gratefull

Do you realize that "Messiah" means "anointed", right? We just gonna ignore that and pretend that ginormous fact doesn't matter, right? When did Messiah begin to fulfill the OT prophecies? When He rode the donkey? Please read Isaiah 61 KJV. It was immediately after His baptism.

When was Jesus "anointed"? When He rode that donkey, or 3 1/2 years earlier in the Jordan?

I just found your missing 3 years ;)
Until messiah the prince

when did the OT prophet say messiah would be introduced to jerusalem.

at his baptism? Even Jesus kept saying, it’s not my time yet. He knew the time, he also weeded over jerusalem and said if they only knew the hour. But now it would be hidden from them