The Alpha Male

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Alpha Males?

• Male: I am/try to be an alpha male

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Male: I'm not/don't care about being alpha male

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Female: I would like to date/marry an alpha male

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female: I don't want to date/marry an alpha male

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

AAAPlus

Aug 2, 2011
The Alpha Male:
*Cool, confident, and collected
*Speaks when spoken to, answers are concise and to-the-point
*Relaxed, shoulders back
*Deep, strong voice
*Content in difficult situations, not on-edge
*Leans back or sits upright during conversations
*Sits confidently, with arms out or away from body
*A mans man, macho, strong
*Other stuff

The Beta Male:
*A bit scattered, energetic, eager to please
*Eager to speak, offers more information than asked, thorough
*May slouch, anticipating situations, less relaxed
*Less prominent, soothing voice
*May show some emotion in difficult situations, anxious to solve the problem
*Leans in during conversations
*Sits defensively, with arms close or folded
*More sensitive, generally not macho, usually not as strong
*Other stuff

So ladies, are you someone who wants to be with an alpha male. What are your thoughts on this?

And gentlemen, do you see yourself as an alpha male or a beta male? What do you think of the other type?

And everyone, what are your thoughts on the whole alpha vs beta male thing? From a Christian perspective?

N

Nalu

Dude, I ain't a wolf or pack type animal.

The attribute's you listed, are any of them Biblical?

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
I've a bit of a problem since I'm neither alpha or beta. I'm somewhere inbetween, and have some traits from both.

So what does that make me?

B

babarainbowsheep

We all have our moments :)

We have a bit of both within us as you say perhaps..
Whatever John is and all he is is what I want.

For me , if they cant see through my person and into my soul and true self then they are not going to be interested....

My Father always said I should have a "Alpha male" I disagree.
He also said I should never marry and have children and now I cant have children....
Also had a woman say she would make sure I never have children cause Im retarded (im not)
(nasty)
I have another Father though also.

Its the spirit, soul, whats inside I fall inlove with and want to marry.
We laugh a lot and are so happy 2gether but can also compliment eachother as companions and also talk about serious matters, show emotions etc...

One has ones moments and theres so much to who and what and all one is......

I dont feel I want alpha male over beta.....

L

Liz01

I've a bit of a problem since I'm neither alpha or beta. I'm somewhere inbetween, and have some traits from both.

An alpbeta?

N

Nalu

That make's you normal.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
I see myself as an omega, lol.

To be honest, I possess qualities from both of those pools, and could be either should I choose to.

The fact of the matter is, though, I could really care less about being on top, best, or alpha. I voted to show that.

Scripture tells us that to be first, you must be last. It tells that Jesus came to serve, not be served. It tells us that no servant is greater than their master.

So, I consider myself an omega. Enough said. ^_^

Aug 2, 2009
Alpha males and Beta males are weak. I'd rather be a DELTA male! :cool:

Last edited:

AAAPlus

Aug 2, 2011
For those that have qualities from both, that typically means you're a beta male

J

Jullianna

I think a mix of both is good. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a lot of true beta males are far too controlling to maintain a healthy relationship. I'm all for submission within a marriage, but I'm all for reason and common courtesy as well. Given a "my way or the highway" attitude, I'll take the highway everytime. :)

A strong, COMPASSIONATE guy is a heartstealer :)

M

Matthew

And gentlemen, do you see yourself as an alpha male or a beta male? What do you think of the other type?
And everyone, what are your thoughts on the whole alpha vs beta male thing? From a Christian perspective?
I tend not to think about it, I've never really seen a beneficial side to defining myself by a generalized standard put forth by society.
To my way of thinking the lists are inaccurate anyway, at least applied to human beings over pack animals.

e.g. where an alpha male is described as macho and strong and a beta male as sensitive, macho meaning dominant I can see in the context of lions why that's an alpha trait, but for a human man from a female perspective surely sensitivity would be the alpha trait?, if not I have an ever growing list of problems.

I also think it's all about perception, I suppose I don't like definitions such as these because prejudice creeps in and takes as unawares, sensitivity isn't a weakness, it is strength, but the application of the word beta really puts a negative connotation onto it.

I suppose my feeling is that I don't see any value to the question in the first place, as a Christian I can't see how anything is served by it.

One persons alpha is anothers beta ;)

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
just one problem with the alpha male. They spend alot of time preening and showing off but when everything goes south they have a tendancy to stand there gibbering like a monkey and then run off in terror while the beta is trying to hold the burning building up so everyone can get out.

which would you rather have?????

Yes I know I've exaggerated.

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
I think they're both scary

B

Brandon777

I think a mix of both is good. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a lot of true beta males are far too controlling to maintain a healthy relationship. I'm all for submission within a marriage, but I'm all for reason and common courtesy as well. Given a "my way or the highway" attitude, I'll take the highway everytime. :)

A strong, COMPASSIONATE guy is a heartstealer :)
The strong deep voice with relaxed composure can mean that the guy isn't in the wooing business to "snag the girl" and then do whatever he wants after they're married. He's nervous perhaps because of his insecurities in himself to be strong as a man should be in the man/woman relationship. While tender is good if you mean gentle and compassionate, not if you mean a push over with pride. That would be a true dork. A man's man is lead by the Spirit of God, relying on God's strength to supply to his relationship and later his family. Alpha male sounds like the Biblical way to be. Not saying though that Alpha males don't exist in the form of violent, forceful, insensitive, or ungodly jerks. Because they do. But again I agree with Jullianna. Reason, compassion, love and common courtesy are all good things to have in conjunction with a leadership position in a marriage covenant. :)