THE ATHIEST AGENDA

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ohm

Mar 4, 2018
You can disagree. That does not make your statement any truer.

It is clear that you value evolution much higher than you value Christ, if you value Christ at all. Your lines of reasoning are completely atheistic.
A series of questions and challenges about the scientific rigour of evolutionary theory were given by certain members of the forum, and I took to answering them in order to better inform. That's it. I have stated several times that I have no moral or political slant on science. It is just science: it is the methodical interpretation of factual information. There are hundreds of millions of Christians throughout the world who have conceded, in light of evidence, that evolution by natural selection has and indeed does still, and will continue to, occur.

It is, perhaps along with the study of global warming and climate change, the most verified, best studied, scientific theory that we have.

As alluded to, evolutionary theory and belief in a religion do not have to be mutually exclusive. The fact that so many Christians, both Protestant, Catholic and a variety in between, accept evolutionary theory, is clear evidence of this.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
OK. @Ohm If someone should concede that evolution may be partially true. Do you believe it was created by God?
How do you define; Christian?

Ohm

Mar 4, 2018
OK. @Ohm If someone should concede that evolution may be partially true.
How do you define; Christian?
As far as I can observe, "Christian" means different things to different people. If it didn't, then why all the disagreement on these forums, for example?

I don't define "Christian" in any one particular way. I think to do so would be narrow-minded of me. Because, as I see it, the people who actually identify themselves as Christians do so in a large variety of specific ways. For example, some Christians identify themselves by their views on scriptural interpretations like "born agains" who believe in a doctrine of "saved by grace via faith, not by works", while some who identify as Christians do so on the basis of their general outlook "love others as I have loved you". Some identify by more Old Testament ideas and have a strict and inflexible idea about "obeying the law", and all of these identifications have different levels of severity and extremity depending on the person or specific denomination. So, for example, you have Westboro Baptists who are on the extreme end of harsh, critical, judgemental, and on the other end, people like Universalists who are generally pacifist, inclusivist, relativist, and have unification and extreme altruism as general trends of thought.

So, it would seem to me that what defines a Christian is a very large range of ideologies and beliefs. Even concerning creation, there seems to be a large range of ideas on that within wider "Christianity". Some are Young-Earth Creationists, who take a very literal view of the biblical account and generally have a very hostile view of science; then you have Old Earth Creationists who fall into various sub-categories like Intelligent Design, for example, and then you have more modern branches that take the evolutionary account of life on Earth and the scientific age of the universe, with the caveat that God was the driving force behind the initial spark of the universe.

As far as science goes, the last group are the closest to scientific consensus.

Do you believe it was created by God?
Honestly, I don't know, in any logical sense of the word "to know", but I do have a certain "feeling" that yes, perhaps it was.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
So you aren't really convinced in anything beyond the discoveries of men. Too bad. You may even think the Bible is fictional or cannot discern between the allegorical explanations of facts from the historical kind. Why are you at a Christian site? Are you trying to sew seeds of doubt among the believers or puff up your own self image of intelligence and education being superior than faith in the creator?

Ohm

Mar 4, 2018
So you aren't really convinced in anything beyond the discoveries of men
What other species on this planet "discovers" anything in the sense we are talking about here?

Too bad. You may even think the Bible is fictional or cannot discern between the allegorical explanations of facts from the historical kind.
I only know what I see from the various people who attempt to interpret the bible. I observe a large number of different explanations and interpretations.

Why are you at a Christian site?
This site allows non-Christians. When I created an account, I was asked if I was Christian or non-Christian. I don't see the need for having to keep justifying myself for being here.

Are you trying to sew seeds of doubt among the believers or puff up your own self image of intelligence and education being superior than faith in the creator?
Despite your suspicion, I am not looking for an ego boost. I could get that far easier elsewhere, if that was what I wanted.

Like I stated before, I am inquisitive by nature. I find that debating, conversing with and learning from different people is usually worth it for its own sake.

It would be much easier and more enjoyable however if my motives weren't questioned every other post. Explaining myself once should be sufficient.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
What other species on this planet "discovers" anything in the sense we are talking about here?

I only know what I see from the various people who attempt to interpret the bible. I observe a large number of different explanations and interpretations.

This site allows non-Christians. When I created an account, I was asked if I was Christian or non-Christian. I don't see the need for having to keep justifying myself for being here.

Despite your suspicion, I am not looking for an ego boost. I could get that far easier elsewhere, if that was what I wanted.

Like I stated before, I am inquisitive by nature. I find that debating, conversing with and learning from different people is usually worth it for its own sake.

It would be much easier and more enjoyable however if my motives weren't questioned every other post. Explaining myself once should be sufficient.
Fair enough. Most of us were taught to defend our faith and compare everything with the word of God. When a discrepancy arises to disregard what dosn't agree with the word of God. Sometimes I forget not everybody not everybody believes that the Bible is the standard by which everything will be judged, the Lord Jesus is the final judge.

Plus many of us feel that we are under attack by the Devil, the world and by science. I apologize if I was overly defensive.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
In fact as the OP of this thread the Purpose I started it is to warn Christians that the Atheist's want to destroy what we believe in. They seek to replace God with science among those that haven't been filled with the Holy Spirit yet. It is to remind everybody that the devil is liked a roaring Lion seeking to destroy our faith by justifying Homosexuality, abortion, Sorcery, astrology... and the idea that the minds of men is superior to the living word of God who became Jesus and still lives!

cobalt1959

Feb 10, 2019
A series of questions and challenges about the scientific rigour of evolutionary theory were given by certain members of the forum, and I took to answering them in order to better inform. That's it. I have stated several times that I have no moral or political slant on science. It is just science: it is the methodical interpretation of factual information. There are hundreds of millions of Christians throughout the world who have conceded, in light of evidence, that evolution by natural selection has and indeed does still, and will continue to, occur.

It is, perhaps along with the study of global warming and climate change, the most verified, best studied, scientific theory that we have.

As alluded to, evolutionary theory and belief in a religion do not have to be mutually exclusive. The fact that so many Christians, both Protestant, Catholic and a variety in between, accept evolutionary theory, is clear evidence of this.
Gee that all sounds great.

If you are completely secular.

People who accept evolution and still claim to be Christians are meaningless. Others adopting the Christian mantle also think abortion is OK, claim homosexuality is acceptable and believe in New Age crystal therapy. All these people have one thing in common, along with your evolution believers. They are all horribly wrong. Making excuses for wrong beliefs does not change the wrongness of those beliefs.

I've yet to see you speak one word about Jesus. Quit making excuses for your belief in evolution and tell me about Jesus. If you claim to be a Christian, Jesus should be the prime motivator in your life. So talk to me about Him. . .

I'll wait.

cobalt1959

Feb 10, 2019

The light dawns. You cannot talk about Jesus, because you do not know Him. Your purpose here, as is with all atheists that join Christian sites, is to attempt to attempt to damage people's faith. I am always amused by that rational, because the fact that you feel the need to try and change other people's beliefs exposes some fairly deep insecurities. If you were completely secure in your own beliefs, you would have no need to try and alter other people's beliefs. Especially if you are so sure that God does not exist.

Oct 29, 2019
Make no mistake about it ladies and gentlemen, the antichrists are here! The American Atheist Movement was founded in 1963. From the very beginning they supported removing Creation from being taught in public schools, removing the 10 commandments from court houses. They support abortion and the LBGTQ movement. I believe the idea of school privatization is theirs's also. If the successfully put the voucher program in place and private schools start receiving and depending upon government funds then the government can enforce what and what not to teach!

Since 1963, American Atheists has protected the absolute separation of religion from government, raised the profile of atheists and atheism in our nation’s public and political discourse, and educated Americans about atheism. Now, more than ever, we need your help.
Propaganda!

Americans Who Are Atheists 26%
WASHINGTON, DC—Today, Congressman Jared Huffman (D-CA), state lawmakers, and American Atheists briefed members of Congress about Project Blitz, a secretive and widespread Christian nationalist campaign to undermine LGBTQ equality, limit access to reproductive healthcare, and threaten religious equality under the law.

Project Blitz’s strategy is two-fold: First, overwhelm state lawmakers and advocates with as many bills as possible—hence the name “Project Blitz”—and second, push seemingly innocuous “Christian heritage” bills in states in order to build momentum and pass anti-LGBTQ, anti-religious equality, and anti-reproductive health care legislation.

“Very few Americans have ever heard of Project Blitz, yet hundreds of elected officials are actively supporting the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation (CPCF), which runs this extremist campaign,” explained American Atheists’ Vice President for Legal and Policy Alison Gill (left). “The CPCF pushes legislators to introduce a range of harmful bills through its network of state prayer caucuses.”

Yet state legislators across the country are building opposition to Project Blitz. In Minnesota, State Senator John Marty (center left) successfully defused conservative media attacks on him after he opposed an “In God We Trust” school display bill, citing his own faith and his commitment to religious equality.

And the antitheist rhetoric continues They getting away with it. In France they have banned wearing religious jewelry like crosses, doves. Christian fishes, and Star of Davids in schools. They are trying to have hilltop and roadside crosses removed too. They already to ban crosses on hilltops in California.

They oppose congress from praying!

They are forcing christian schools and camps to accept LBGTQ and other non christian students or face closure. Soon they will claim metro and bi-sexuality is normal and abstinence is not. Do you think I'm kidding?

The Atheist Agenda is an organization founded in 2005 by group of atheists from the University of Texas at San Antonio.[1] The group is dedicated to the philosophy of freethought, as well as promoting aggressive activism against theology and theological institutions, encouraging non-believers to take pride in their history and community, and providing to them with fellowship intended to be similar to shared by those of a religious background.
for more info;
https://www.conservapedia.com/Atheist_Agenda

Can you please explain to me what part of the word Atheist has an agenda tied to it.
Considering the meaning of the word is " Lack of conviction or a belief in the existence of a God "

You also mention aggressive activism against theology and theological institutions, Atheist people are still a minority in comparison to the rest of America and it is their right to talk against Christianity, they should not be silenced, but listened to as much as Christians who are the Majority.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Can you please explain to me what part of the word Atheist has an agenda tied to it.
Considering the meaning of the word is " Lack of conviction or a belief in the existence of a God "

The Atheist Agenda - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Atheist_Agenda
The Atheist Agenda. The Atheist Agenda is an organization founded in 2005 by group of atheists from the University of Texas at San Antonio. The group is dedicated to the philosophy of freethought, as well as promoting aggressive activism against theology and theological institutions, encouraging non-believers to take pride in their history..
You also mention aggressive activism against theology and theological institutions, Atheist people are still a minority in comparison to the rest of America and it is their right to talk against Christianity, they should not be silenced, but listened to as much as Christians who are the Majority.
Atheist agenda

(Redirected from Atheist Agenda)

Jump to: navigation, search

Joseph Stalin forced atheism on the Soviet Union using its education system.
The atheist agenda refers to an extensive ideology and programme, common to avowed atheists (Atheists commonly fall on the left aisle of the political spectrum. See: Atheism and politics and Secular left).

Oct 29, 2019
Atheist agenda

(Redirected from Atheist Agenda)

Jump to: navigation, search

Joseph Stalin forced atheism on the Soviet Union using its education system.
The atheist agenda refers to an extensive ideology and programme, common to avowed atheists (Atheists commonly fall on the left aisle of the political spectrum. See: Atheism and politics and Secular left).
This would definitely be a false equivalence considering he used "Atheism" in a very religious sense, he removed God and placed himself in His place. Just like Christianity was used by Hitler rally the troops and make them do the terrible things they did.

In J. Stalin's case "Atheism" was just the name they gave the new religion that he created.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
This would definitely be a false equivalence considering he used "Atheism" in a very religious sense, he removed God and placed himself in His place. Just like Christianity was used by Hitler rally the troops and make them do the terrible things they did.

In J. Stalin's case "Atheism" was just the name they gave the new religion that he created.
False religion like astrology. But many founding fathers were deists and freemasons that did not believe in the power of God to intervene or in the resection of Christ. I feel that people that believe this is a Christian nation are naïve or deceived.

Oct 29, 2019
False religion like astrology. But many founding fathers were deists and freemasons that did not believe in the power of God to intervene or in the resection of Christ. I feel that people that believe this is a Christian nation are naïve or deceived.
I don't really mind what the founding fathers believe or practice one thing is for sure they all knew that dominance of any religion over others leads to violence. Looking at the Puritans vs the Quakers and the massacres that happened between them made it quite clear.
The founding fathers where quite clear on that: The First Amendment to the United States Constitution prevents the government from making laws which respect an establishment of religion, prohibit the free exercise of religion, or abridge the freedom of speech, the freedom of the press, the right to peaceably assemble, or the right to petition the government for redress of grievances.

Which means Christianity has just as much rights as any other religion in America, so considering Atheism is not even a religion it would be considered against the constitution to make children pray in school, if they are atheist or of any other faith. if you want to make it equal don't let anyone pray in school or let everyone to their own God, let Muslims worship Allah before class, Buddhist Buddha, Hindus Visnu or any other gods they choose.

This is simple, Christianity can't trump other peoples constitutional right, unless you choose to change the constitution.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I don't really mind what the founding fathers believe or practice one thing is for sure they all knew that dominance of any religion over others leads to violence. Looking at the Puritans vs the Quakers and the massacres that happened between them made it quite clear.
The founding fathers where quite clear on that: The First Amendment to the United States Constitution prevents the government from making laws which respect an establishment of religion, prohibit the free exercise of religion, or abridge the freedom of speech, the freedom of the press, the right to peaceably assemble, or the right to petition the government for redress of grievances.

Which means Christianity has just as much rights as any other religion in America, so considering Atheism is not even a religion it would be considered against the constitution to make children pray in school, if they are atheist or of any other faith. if you want to make it equal don't let anyone pray in school or let everyone to their own God, let Muslims worship Allah before class, Buddhist Buddha, Hindus Visnu or any other gods they choose.

This is simple, Christianity can't trump other peoples constitutional right, unless you choose to change the constitution.
Well I'll vote for what I think iscorrect according to the gospels and epistles and warn others to do the same and you can do what you want. We'll see at the resurrections and at the white throne judgement. Remember life is temporary. God and judgement is eternal.

Jul 20, 2019
All organised religion is anti God, very few if any follow the truth, all of there theology is changed to suit the masses, or worse still, they follow false non existent Gods. They all may as well follow Baal and be done with it. A time will come where all of these organised manmade institutions will be torn down from there foundations and the truth will be finally told. And I don't think that day isn't to far away either. Atheists simply aren't of God, there life is temporary , IE they will not have eternal salvation. Don't even bother convincing them God exists, they were never his to begin with.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Not all Christians belong to a denomination, a political party or a social club. Some of really believe the bible more than ambitious polarized preacher and or politicians. and reject traditions, sacraments and fairy tales.