The Authority of the Name of Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
The authority of the Name of Jesus should only be used by Christians in great humility in close relationship with the Lord guided and guarded by Christ and the Holy Spirit within the consensus of an experienced Church community fellowship. This is because of the danger of Christian power and Authority, especially Apostolic authority, and dangers of misuse. Miraculous grace is sacred and should only be used for purposes authorized by Christ. These gifts must be guarded to ensure they do not fall into the hands of fallen powers, or used by individuals who are not under Sound Christian guidance, and of sound mind, character and life, and live in great humility like Jesus.

It's not unforgiveable to make mistakes, if we humbly repent in humility and turn to the Lord. I have been recently acting too individually with Christian authority, for which I am sorry.

Apostolic power, should only be used in humility and never against another person, but against unseen fallen powers, in a close relationship with Jesus guided by Him, in stewardship, guidance, and authority of Heaven's angel's and family of faith, guided by the Holy Spirit, especially in end times when lawlessness and fallen powers increase and judgement day is near.

Exorcism is one of the gifts of the Roman Catholic Church, to whom I was recently referred for help for myself and other people in need of spiritual help.

The dangers of apocalyptic spiritual warfare are real, but Jesus always said, "do not be afraid." The Lord is coming to save the righteous and all who turn to Christ in humility and who know Jesus. Humility is necessary for salvation.
--Herald

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
The authority of the Name of Jesus should only be used by Christians in great humility in close relationship with the Lord guided and guarded by Christ and the Holy Spirit within the consensus of an experienced Church community fellowship. This is because of the danger of Christian power and Authority, especially Apostolic authority, and dangers of misuse. Miraculous grace is sacred and should only be used for purposes authorized by Christ. These gifts must be guarded to ensure they do not fall into the hands of fallen powers, or used by individuals who are not under Sound Christian guidance, and of sound mind, character and life, and live in great humility like Jesus.

It's not unforgiveable to make mistakes, if we humbly repent in humility and turn to the Lord. I have been recently acting too individually with Christian authority, for which I am sorry.

Apostolic power, should only be used in humility and never against another person, but against unseen fallen powers, in a close relationship with Jesus guided by Him, in stewardship, guidance, and authority of Heaven's angel's and family of faith, guided by the Holy Spirit, especially in end times when lawlessness and fallen powers increase and judgement day is near.

Exorcism is one of the gifts of the Roman Catholic Church, to whom I was recently referred for help for myself and other people in need of spiritual help.

The dangers of apocalyptic spiritual warfare are real, but Jesus always said, "do not be afraid." The Lord is coming to save the righteous and all who turn to Christ in humility and who know Jesus. Humility is necessary for salvation.
--Herald[/QU

--Herald
I like title of thread/topic.
- One of my favorite/study topics.
---
It seems that there are many rules..how to use the name of Jesus.
- According to your post.
- I agree that you do need to be careful.
- But you do not need to meet all those requirements.
- Not sure how many people will be qualified..
----
Also, you have emphasis on 'humility'.. too much.
---
If you are saying that only certain type of people ( in Catholic tradition ) are allowed, I understand.
- Even though I do not agree with that perspective.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
How much humility must one have until they are saved? Or are you saying humility is a necessary sign of one who is saved?
Yes, I'm just trying to correct and clarify things I have said, since I have been saying things as if I'm speaking for the Lord or the church on my own. The Lord can speak through anyone, and I'm a man of God, but I need to be more careful of what I say. Humility is not what saves us, God's grace is, but humility is necessary to walk rightly with God. Humility is necessary for salvation, but not the means of salvation, the Cross of Christ is. And as stated above is a sign of one who is saved.

I believe the Lord also wanted me to say that it is dangerous to say the Apocalypse is here when that is best left to Him. I believe he said I hardly know Him and go around saying the Apocalypse is here, or that we have more time. But, it's a good thing to tell people the Apocalypse is near just as the Apostle's did.

It's also dangerous to say we have more time, when the Bible says we should live as if every day is our last.

Also, like exorcisms, raising the dead should be done by Christians who have that gift, since these require great humility and are dangerous uses of God's power, and are to glorify God.

Sometimes, God might raise people from the dead privately, or keep them from dying, to help them get right with God and repent of their sins, or other reasons like Jesus did in the Bible to glorify God.

As the Bible says, people can't go around using the Name of Jesus any way they like, and the Bible shows the dangers of exorcisms.

All Christians can use the Name of Jesus to quietly with humble faith, order the devil out of our presence. But, deliverance is best left to qualified Christian teamwork to help people live a life of freedom in Christ.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
A relationship with Jesus is what matters the most.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Being saved and turning from our sins and confessing all we know about bad things that have happened, taking responsibility and being sorry for hurting others, is the first step of being a Christian.

I am sorry for hurting you. I am sorry for mistakes that led to you being hurt whether things were under my control or not, and not caring enough about your safety.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
A relationship with Jesus is what matters the most.
If the relationship with Jesus does not include the Father, it is not what maters most, See the Lord's Prayer. It says the Father has power and glory.

It is a humble heart, a heart open to the words of the Lord to always learn and grow from them. It is always listening to the voice of the Lord and not letting us be set on only our understanding we had in our yesterdays. The Lord and His word is the supreme power and we must be subject to that as our supreme guide, not to scholars, to our chuch, or even to Mom and Dad.

Sep 6, 2014
Being saved and turning from our sins and confessing all we know about bad things that have happened, taking responsibility and being sorry for hurting others, is the first step of being a Christian.

I am sorry for hurting you. I am sorry for mistakes that led to you being hurt whether things were under my control or not, and not caring enough about your safety.
Yes,
Repentance of sin is necessary, and one of the initial steps of being a Christian.
2 Corinthians 7:10, Acts 3:19-20

After repentance comes, we continue in faith, trusting in the Great and All Holy God, through Jesus Christ, to save us.
John 3:17, John 17:3, 1 John 4:14

Ephesians 2:5-9
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 1:5-7
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Matthew 9:5
Luke 5:20
Luke 7:48

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa

--Herald
I agree and the GIFTS AND CALLING OF GOD is WITHOUT REPENTENCE!He does not give good gifts to His children then take them back!Truly if God be for us then who can be against us to defeat us! The fullness of God is for EVERY born again believer in Christ Jesus!🙏

P

pottersclay

--Herald
Exorcism is a term used by the occult. The gifts of the Holy Spirit are given in measure to the body of Christ as needed.
There is no power but the power of God. All things have been given to the son.
As the Holy Spirit moves through and in us to do the works of God it is only then that gifts are manifested. It is only by God that these gifts manifest. No one has power unless it comes from above.
The Lord rebukes not us for even the angles testify to this. The authority in Christ name was given to him by the father. He and he alone has that power. Not us.
We are merely vessels (saints) carrying the good news of the gospel to the lost. The signs and wonders come from he that has sent us as a testament .
As for spiritual warfare we are told again the Lord is our refuge and strength call on him in times of trouble he shall sustain us he shall fight the battle. We are encouraged to endure.
Thinking you carry spiritual power is a slippery slope to say the least there is only one that knows the end from the beginning.
We were given freely the access to the throne of grace and power. Prayer is the power we have, relationship is the reward of it.