In an earlier blog, I wrote about the most major difference between Christianity and Islam--which surrounds Calvary. A friend of mine suggested I explore the other differences (which I thought was a great idea) so this blog focuses on sacred texts in Christianity and Islam.I mentioned Muslims are very agreeable when it comes the Bible. This is because they believe it to be an inspired (but corrupted) holy book. The Qur'an (written several hundred years after the death of Christ) is considered a more pure sacred text for Muslims.
Christianity teaches God's Word is without error. 2 Timothy 3:16 states "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness..." If we believe God gave us the Word of God, it stands to reason He has protected it over the years. Scripture has been proven reliable by many transcripts including the Dead Sea Scrolls. Jesus authenticated the accuracy of the Old Testament by quoting it. History and archaeological finds support Biblical accuracy. (Archaelogical discoveries have actually disproven the historical accuracy of the Qur'an.)
The more you study the Holy Bible, the more it becomes apparent it is an incredible piece of literature because it is the literal Word of God. I hope that, in time, more Muslims can agree on its superiority to the Qur'an. I pray you will be God's instrument for delivering this truth. May God bless your day!