The Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

ElizabethPeter

The Bible; God's word, to man. Yet, we try to comprehend and understand it with our own carnal, and fleshly mind. Truth is, we can never understand it if we read it without the help of the Lord. We think we're all that. We think that reading the Bible, and knowing every single verse by heart, is so good. That it's something to be proud of. Honestly, it's not. You can remember every single verse. You can know it by heart. But, if you don't understand what it really means, then what's the point in all of this? What's the point in doing something, that you don't even understand? I'm not pointing my fingers at you. But, if the shoe fits, wear it. I was just like this. I thought that I was all good, knowing scriptures others didn't, by heart. But that was a lie that I lived. A lie of the devil. You see, God never intended everyone to read the Bible, and understand it.

Matthew 7:6-
Do not give that which is holy (the sacred thing) to the dogs, and do not throw your pearls before hogs, lest they trample upon them with their feet and turn and tear you in pieces.

Most people read this verse, and try to comprehend it with their own carnal mind. But, you can't. Only a spiritual mind can. What this verse simply means, is that you can't simply give this Gospel to just anyone. It's not meant for everyone. "Do not throw pearls before hogs."
They can't possibly appreciate that pearl. In the same manner, that's what God is trying to tell us. The pearl represents the Word of God/The Gospel Truth of the Water and Spirit. The hogs, represent people refuse to believe. How can you possibly give them something so precious and sacred, yet they treat it like it's worth nothing? Honestly, it doesn't even make sense. Why would someone do that? We can't understand why. But, God knows why.

My point in all of this, is to tell every single Christian out there, whether young or old, smart or dumb that the Bible, isn't like a storybook which you read and read, and try to comprehend it by yourself. The Bible, is basically a book about Jesus. All of it. From beginning, till the end, you can see Jesus. Like in the Garden of Eden for example. You can see Jesus, whether it's the animal skin that God clothed Adam and Eve with, or the offering Abel brought before God. Jesus has been there since the beginning of time itself. Because that was the will of God; that every man rely and trust, and cleave on to Jesus. That was God's plan. And that is God's plan. Yet, so many find it hard to understand. Not because they're dumb, or unintellectual, or have no knowledge of God whatsoever. It's because everyone is trying to use their own understandings to comprehend this Gospel. But the Bible was written for one audience only. Those who truly seek the Lord. Because, it's not you who searches for God. But it's God who searches for you. You don't call God, God calls you. And until we learn that difference, we'll never understand.

You can search all you like. Have debates with other people. But just because you say they're wrong, doesn't mean you're right. The only one right here, is God. And that verse you're debating with other people, has only one meaning. And you can try to find out that meaning all you'd like, through theology, or whatever you like. But, it will make absolutely no difference. You think you're right. but, we're all wrong. God is the only one who's right. So, for once in your life, stop. Just stop trying so hard. And start surrendering to God. Because we're all fallen. And the only one Who can lift us all back up on our feet, is God. Put your faith in Him, and you'll see the pieces of the puzzle being put together. Because that puzzle box you call your life, was on a shelf, untouched, dusty, and old. But, God will take your life, your puzzle pieces, and put them together. Then you'll see the beautiful picture.

Some advice, instead of asking man how and what to do, turn to God, and surrender it all to Him. Then only will you be able to understand. Because knowing is one thing. Understanding is another. Don't get the two mixed up.

(Please don't hate me for telling the truth. Sometimes, all we need to do is sit down, and listen. So, listen to God. Listen to what He has to say for once in your life. Because Creator is greater than creation. And that's a fact so few know. Or, ignore.)

(I'm not perfect either. And I thank the Lord for helping me realize this. These are words of God, not my own. He uses people, whatever their age may be.)

God bless.

C

CRC

2 Peter 3:9 states "Yaweh is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance." To tlhe contrary God really wants to save all of his children (John 3:16) But as free moral agents who have free will, it must be their decision to accept the "free gift". '

Oct 16, 2013
Sister,yes u saw that very well.That case is in Western Church,that everyone can interprete Bible by his own mind,and by that say Holy Spirit speak to me.It is a great heresy,which leading man into a lie and fantasies.Today u can see where Western Church is,how many teachers and teachings have.Hundred years of big schism brought many heresy and truth where Church have to lead their faithful do not exist.

E

ElizabethPeter

Not only Western Churches. All of us face this same problem. And until we stop, let go, and surrender ourselves to God, we can never see the Truth.

God bless.

Oct 16, 2013
Well,in my Church we are all gathered in one meaning of Bible.Interpretations are same always and teaching also.

E

ElizabethPeter

In my Church, it's the same thing. I'm talking about against each other. Which is different. It's alright

God bless.

Feb 17, 2010
We had some discussions before and we did not gel to well... Me, I do not STUDY the Word of God, I receive it. God did not write on paper, he writes the Word on the hearts of people HE ELECTS to teach. God appoints HIS teachers, not some paper or church. GOD DOES SO HIMSELF... and here is the amazing thing. Even when Jesus was here, they still did not receive the Word of God. Jesus was the WORD MADE FLESH...

Do you think if God makes the WORD FLESH AGAIN, it will be different in ANY degree than what Jesus was? You see the Word today is EXACTLY the same as before the eart hwas made, and He will be the same evn if the earth is gone for 10 billion years. God and His Word will NEVER change. If God writes His Word on my heart, I will live the Word of God, as Jesus did.

There is not inbetween. There is no grey matter... It is White (God) or black (Satan) NOTHING IN BETWEEN. We are either in Truth/Light/God/Holiness/perfection/righteousness.... or we are in sin/darkness/satan/lies..... Nothing in between.

Here is some Scripture you can memorise of let God write on your heart...
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning.

N

nathan3

Scriptures is to be studied, every word of God. That is What Christ told us to do, with the intention that we can understand it. Your basically telling people not to study their Heavenly Fathers words . That is wrong... We need to read, and understand, all, the words of God. God did not have time to waste, to being us His letter, and then have people be convinced not to bother reading it with understanding.

Matthew 4:
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

2 Timothy 2:15

King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2013
We had some discussions before and we did not gel to well... Me, I do not STUDY the Word of God, I receive it. God did not write on paper, he writes the Word on the hearts of people HE ELECTS to teach. God appoints HIS teachers, not some paper or church. GOD DOES SO HIMSELF... and here is the amazing thing. Even when Jesus was here, they still did not receive the Word of God. Jesus was the WORD MADE FLESH...

Do you think if God makes the WORD FLESH AGAIN, it will be different in ANY degree than what Jesus was? You see the Word today is EXACTLY the same as before the eart hwas made, and He will be the same evn if the earth is gone for 10 billion years. God and His Word will NEVER change. If God writes His Word on my heart, I will live the Word of God, as Jesus did.

There is not inbetween. There is no grey matter... It is White (God) or black (Satan) NOTHING IN BETWEEN. We are either in Truth/Light/God/Holiness/perfection/righteousness.... or we are in sin/darkness/satan/lies..... Nothing in between.

Here is some Scripture you can memorise of let God write on your heart...
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning.
John 5
[SUP]39 [/SUP]Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

[SUP]40 [/SUP]And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

N

nathan3

The first paragraph is what I hear alot from people who are too lazy to get into the word. I don't think that was your intention, but its how it comes off to me. There are people that care more for the popular teaching of the day, without a care in the world for what Revelation of Christ, or any of the Bible teaches.

The rest I agree with, that we need to ask God for understanding. But there are people who are right; because they do diligently seek to understand and study God's words. But to have eyes and hears open, it sometimes in most cases i think requires the touch of the Holy Spirit to lead us to the truth of a matter.

Last edited:
E

ElizabethPeter

Scriptures is to be studied, every word of God. That is What Christ told us to do, with the intention that we can understand it. Your basically telling people not to study their Heavenly Fathers words . That is wrong... We need to read, and understand, all, the words of God. God did not have time to waste, to being us His letter, and then have people be convinced not to bother reading it with understanding.

Matthew 4:
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

2 Timothy 2:15

King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
And you're misinterpreting it. I'm telling people to stop using their own minds to understand this Gospel. I'm not telling you to stop reading it. By all means, read it. But make sure you understand it. Reading would be futile if you don't understand.

E

ElizabethPeter

The first paragraph is what I hear alot from people who are too lazy to get into the word. I don't think that was your intention, but its how it comes off to me. There are people that care more for the popular teaching of the day, without a care in the world for what Revelation of Christ, or any of the Bible teaches.

The rest I agree with, that we need to ask God for understanding. But there are people who are right; because they do diligently seek to understand and study God's words. But to have eyes and hears open, it sometimes in most cases i think requires the touch of the Holy Spirit to lead us to the truth of a matter.
Not in most cases.All cases. If you don't have the Holy Spirit guiding you, you have nothing. They're called the Holy Trinity for a reason. Have em' all.

P

PeteWaldo

The only one right here, is God. And that verse you're debating with other people, has only one meaning. And you can try to find out that meaning all you'd like, through theology, or whatever you like. But, it will make absolutely no difference.
Since Jesus IS truth, the only way we can serve Him is by seeking out and following the truth, however uncomfortable it may make us feel in regard to what we have been taught to believe.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The true meaning of a verse, is the only thing, that will make a difference, and we are instructed to:

1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

I would suggest that leaving a love of truth behind, is how the eschatologies of futurism and preterism that began to come into vogue in the 19th century, were able to take over the 20th century church. Perhaps just as prophesied:

2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

While the folks in those groups today, must each consider the other to be virtually 100% in error, regarding their understanding of the book of Revelation after chapter 3. This even as both eschatologies necessarily preclude even considering that the false prophet Muhammad could be THE false prophet of the book of Revelation, and his Islamic kingdom "beast" the final foe of God's people.
IS ISLAM ANTICHRIST?

CNS reports: "Sunni Muslim terrorists committed “about 70 percent” of the 12,533 terrorist murders in the world last year, according to a report by the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC)."
That's for the year 2011, and that percentage doesn't even include Shiite Muslim terrorist murders.
JIHAD AND ISLAMIC TERRORISM

This even as those that follow Muhammad's antichrist anti-religion, are filled with complete resolve as to what to DISbelieve DENY AND REJECT. To DISbelieve the whole subject of the Gospel, to DENY the Son of God, and REJECT His shed blood, as articles of faith in Muhammad alone. They are even taught that to confess that Jesus is the Son of God, or even to pray in Jesus' name, constitutes the ONLY UNFORGIVABLE sin ("shirk") in Muhammad's anti-religion. As opposed to child rape or cold-blooded mass murder, for example, which may be forgiven.

While the "church" is full of "pantribulationists", that suggest that the truth isn't so important, since it will all pan out in the end. It's a horrifying thought indeed, to believe that the following could apply to the "church":

2Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first (that is apostasy in the church)
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Falling Away or Apostasy

Yet look at this velvet-tongued, interfaith pluralist, wolf-in-sheep's-clothing woman (affiliated with the supersessionist Church of Christ) that so sorely deceived so many Muslims, that have lauded praises on her and uploaded her video to YouTube, having been fooled into believing her to be a Christian.

Indeed how could it be, that the above passage from 2Thess, does not apply to this woman?
Velvet-Tongued Pseudo-Christian Deceives Muslims With Interfaith Pluralism - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ElizabethPeter

Since Jesus IS truth, the only way we can serve Him is by seeking out and following the truth, however uncomfortable it may make us feel in regard to what we have been taught to believe.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The true meaning of a verse, is the only thing, that will make a difference, and we are instructed to:

1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

I would suggest that leaving a love of truth behind, is how the eschatologies of futurism and preterism that began to come into vogue in the 19th century, were able to take over the 20th century church. Perhaps just as prophesied:

2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

While the folks in those groups today, must each consider the other to be virtually 100% in error, regarding their understanding of the book of Revelation after chapter 3. This even as both eschatologies necessarily preclude even considering that the false prophet Muhammad could be THE false prophet of the book of Revelation, and his Islamic kingdom "beast" the final foe of God's people.
IS ISLAM ANTICHRIST?

CNS reports: "Sunni Muslim terrorists committed “about 70 percent” of the 12,533 terrorist murders in the world last year, according to a report by the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC)."
That's for the year 2011, and that percentage doesn't even include Shiite Muslim terrorist murders.
JIHAD AND ISLAMIC TERRORISM

This even as those that follow Muhammad's antichrist anti-religion, are filled with complete resolve as to what to DISbelieve DENY AND REJECT. To DISbelieve the whole subject of the Gospel, to DENY the Son of God, and REJECT His shed blood, as articles of faith in Muhammad alone. They are even taught that to confess that Jesus is the Son of God, or even to pray in Jesus' name, constitutes the ONLY UNFORGIVABLE sin ("shirk") in Muhammad's anti-religion. As opposed to child rape or cold-blooded mass murder, for example, which may be forgiven.

While the "church" is full of "pantribulationists", that suggest that the truth isn't so important, since it will all pan out in the end. It's a horrifying thought indeed, to believe that the following could apply to the "church":

2Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first (that is apostasy in the church)
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Falling Away or Apostasy

Yet look at this velvet-tongued, interfaith pluralist, wolf-in-sheep's-clothing woman (affiliated with the supersessionist Church of Christ) that so sorely deceived so many Muslims, that have lauded praises on her and uploaded her video to YouTube, having been fooled into believing her to be a Christian.

Indeed how could it be, that the above passage from 2Thess, does not apply to this woman?
Velvet-Tongued Pseudo-Christian Deceives Muslims With Interfaith Pluralism - YouTube
The fact that you can even compare God to Mohammad is enough for me.

P

PeteWaldo

The fact that you can even compare God to Mohammad is enough for me.
You seem to be misunderstanding. If yours is a reference to my icon, the reason it says "Muhammad VS YHWH" is because 1/4 of mankind have been deceived into following Muhammad alone, and thus reject the whole subject of the Gospel, while 1/3 of mankind in the world today believe Jesus was crucified, died and rose from the dead (even though many or perhaps most of those have not been born again). Get it? Muhammad VS YHWH. Muhammad VS Jesus. Islam VS Christianity. Islam is to Christianity as the negative is to a photograph.
JESUS OR MUHAMMAD

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ElizabethPeter

Oh, no. I get it. Good day.
God bless. And btw, I come from a country where Islam is the main religion. I know all about it.