The 'Boaz's Virtues'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
Boaz was a kinsman of Naomi's husband Elimelech; he was a member of the family of Elimelech. He was a godly man with godly virtues.

Boaz was a very wealthy man, |Ruth 2:1| but he didn't let his wealth get into his head. We see in |Ruth 1:3| where he got to where his servant's were and saluted them; he didn't wait for them to see him and then await their greetings in a servant-like fashion. He reached out to them first - What is it you have today dear bro, that wasn't given to you by the Almighty? You're still at the early stages of a bright and promising future and yet not everyone can speak to you freely; they have to be in your class or your class. There's no other way around it. You throw it in their faces and make them know how better placed you are than they, covering it deceitfully everytime with 'by the grace of God I am...' If it is truly by the grace of God, then pride would have no place in it...
~James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Boaz was a man with a kind and large heart, he didn't hold more than what was meet but gave from a place of compassion and kindness. He had a giving heart and hands... |Ruth 2:8,14,15,16,21,33, 3:15,17| - Do you have a compassionate and kind heart dear bro? Does the cry of the poor have any effect on your heart? Do you shut up your bowels of mercy and close your eyes to the needs of people you can meet? Do you shut your ears at the cry of those in need? Is the love of God truly flowing through you?
~Proverbs 21:13 Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard.

Boaz was a man of gracious words, his words were decorated with grace and seasoned with salt; he didn't speak brashly, his words reflected the fact that he was godly |Ruth 2:3,4,12, 13| - Do people hear you speak dear bro and always end up getting angry, agitated, wondering if truly you are a Christian like you profess to be? Do you speak sparingly or speak to the point that you begin to exaggerate, tell lies, say things that are unnecessary, and then sin against God? Are you a talkative? There's a difference between speaking for long because you have to and speaking for long because you can't control your tongue... Does God hear you speak and find guile in your mouth? Ask God to tame your tongue today bro, He truly can...
~Ist Peter 3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

Boaz was a man that knew the importance of chastity, he valued a woman's purity. He didn't just value chastity and a woman's purity but showed it by his actions |Ruth 3: 7-14| - Dear bro what's your take on sexual purity? Like for real.... I'm not asking you what your Pastor said. Do you stand on God's word concerning it, knowing that God is against sex before marriage, or are you just lying low waiting for a day to do what you have in mind? Can a sister be safe in your company or would you undress her in your mind or start making advances at her? Would you fall flat on your face when the temptation comes to indulge sexual sins or would you like Joseph refuse to do such great wickedness and sin against God?
~1st Corinthians 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.

Boaz was a man that chose to follow due process. He had the opportunity to get a very wonderful package, but he knew that he couldn't cut corners to get it. He followed due process, he did it God's way and in the end was rewarded with a blessing |Ruth3:13, 4:13| - Dear bro, however difficult life becomes, no matter the looks you get or talks from people about you based on where you're at now, never cut corners to become successful or get things you can legitimately with hardwork, and above all God's favour and mercies get. Keep trusting God, shut your ears and heart to those kind of talks, keep doing and giving your best in that legitimate business or work you're engaged in, and in due time God will settle you.
~Jeremiah 17:11 As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool.

Boaz was a man that didn't speak words to sway or deceive, he said things and actually meant to carry them out, not to give a false impression, or deceive a lady into being in a relationship with Him |Ruth 3:13,18, 4:1-13| - Dear bro, what kind of words do you speak? Do people find it hard to trust you because they can not tell when you're telling a lie or speaking the truth? Do you speak deceitful words? Words spoken with the aim to deceive or give false or wrong impressions? Like the prophet Isaiah, admit the problem of your tongue today and ask God to help you, but before then, go back to Calvary and renew your relationship with God; something has gone terribly wrong.
~Isaiah 6:5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts. 6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: 7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

Dear Bro,
Examine yourself today... Do you have the 'Boaz's virtues?' Renew yuur relationship with God if you need to bro, and then seek the face of God earnestly through His Word and in the place of prayers till these virtues and more become evident in your life...
God bless you...

GridArt_20220708_084035512.jpg