The book: Hell

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ashkuhn

I am reading this book right now. It's very interesting and I was wondering if anyone else has read it. The author claimed to have had an out of body experience and travelled to hell. He explains it a little in this book and it is basically just to warn people about the dangers of not knowing Christ and what you need to do and know to avoid going there.

I was wondering what anyone else thought of the book if they had heard of it or read it.

W

walkinthespirit

Is it the Divine Revelation of Hell by MAry BAxter?

A

Ashkuhn

No.. It's the followup book of "23 Minutes in Hell" by Bill Weise.. The title is just "Hell". I got it at Wal-Mart.. The first book talked in detail about his experience and the one I'm reading talks about God's love for us and what it is going to take to get to heaven. It talks about how a lot of people make excuses so they don't have to live a christian lifestyle and don't give God the time of day but expect that He will forgive them when they are standing there when it is time to be judged. It uses a lot of references and examples. It's very good so far. I haven't finished it yet, though.

W

walkinthespirit

Ok, I read the one I mentioned, and then she came out with Divine Revelation of Angels etc... I felt reading one of her others, it was just about selling books at that point, though I thought the first one was good.

A

Ashkuhn

Yea. I've never heard of it before. Another girl told me "The Shack" is good. I also just bought the book "The Love Dare." It's the forty-day book to help your marriage though God. Have you seen "Fireproof" with Kirk Cameron? It's from that movie. The acting was not so good, but the movie itself was wonderful.. I sat there and cried watching it all by myself!! haha. I'm a sap when it comes to movies.

W

walkinthespirit

I have read the Shack, and I would not recommend it, its biblically incorrect, it leaves you with warm fuzzies, but thats it, its fictional.
When I bring people into the KINGDOM I want them to know God for who HE really is :)
No I havent seen Fireproof, but I have heard its good!
lol tears are good!

D

Derek

I on the other hand do recomend "The Shack" by William Young. I thought it was a very great book and I find it hard to understand why people would say that a fictional book would lead someone to a non biblical interpretaion of God. Thats the same as saying to stay away from Star Trek because it leads you to believe a false idea of space travel. Its a fictional book and not to be judged as if the author was trying to convey some doctrine.

The Shack made me think outside of the box and let go of my religious conditioning that we all have to some degree. I realized from reading it that I really dont have God figured out as much as Id like myself to believe and for the humble person that is a delight. The book helped me to understand the trinity, faith, our position in Jesus and much more, in ways I never thought about. The author used a fictional plot to relate God to the normal person. I am very surprised at how much I personally related to the writing from questions I have and thoughts of God most people think. I definately recomend at least reading it for yourself and making your own judgement on it, if you dont like it....oh well. But chances are you will be very blessed.

Sep 3, 2009
Sounds pretty interesting... I'll have to give that book a read.
I will have to admit that I am more interested in the first book than the one by Mary Baxter, more from a morbid sense of curiosity than anything else.

T

TiredInfantryman

yeah that does sound pretty interesting, now i just gotta find the time to make myself sit down and read a book lol