I see more and more that people are holding on to things like old wives tales and other superstitions. They dont see past the veil that is over them and keeping them from stepping into complete freedom of Christ. I will give you an example from a lady the other day.
She forgot her key in the keyhole and when she came back it was gone. Of course she was afraid that someone may break into the house (which seemingly didnt happen thanks to God) and when she told a few people from church what had happened one said: Its important that you figure out a way that it doesnt happen again. It can happen again as we are human and we can forget things but you should find a way that it doesnt (put it on a keyring or whatever).
The lady who this happened to started yelling angily ''IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN! If something like this happens I bind it in the name of Jesus so it wont happen again! I will not let satan get a hold again to let that happen!''
And I was just a bit confused but after talking to my mom about it we came to the conclusion that this woman is trapped in her superstition. I truly do not believe that satan has any interest in taking a key. We still are human and may forget things when we have our mind full of things that may currently be going on (even if your just checking what you might wanna buy at the grocery store)
Now of course the people from church, including me, found that her reaction was a bit extreme so we just comforted her and pray that all will be well.
Now what is she superstitious about? It seems to me that she is taking something that is also written in the bible and turned to a extreme thinking or that she took the wivestale ''dont call for it'' too far. But as this is a church group I decided to let God lead me into a lesson for you all
Now what does the bible say about the power of the tounge all in all? Lets have a look
Proverbs 18:21
The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
...I think that that poor lady is truly scared of the fruit of a tounge that was supposed to just simply edify her in love. I think that she was truly only trying to what the bible says we should
Romans 14:19
Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.
...and I think it is sad that she is worried so much about being cursed than to be guided and edified. The bible tells us clearly that a curse cannot rest on us without a cause (Proverbs 26:2 Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse does not come to rest.
)..and I do not think that if I for example get told 'dont forget your umbrella'' that I may have to bind anything from forgetting my unbrella. Often satan uses our mind as it is the main battlefiield. Therefore Take upon yourself the helmet of Salvation ( Eph 6:17) and dont listen to lies. Now of course some people say ''yea but words are powerful and thoughts are just thoughts they dont do anything''. Now let me tell you that this is also a lie.
The difference between speaking and thinking is that what you speak is heart by the seen and unseen world yet thinking is only to the unseen. Which is one reason why the word repentance means ''to change the way you think/change your mind''. Dont agree in your mind to any superstition or evil thought as in the mind it is where the main battle is and all your actions come from. For nothing of which you dont agree in your mind you will not do. So lets put on the Helmet of Salvation !
God bless you and keep you all
She forgot her key in the keyhole and when she came back it was gone. Of course she was afraid that someone may break into the house (which seemingly didnt happen thanks to God) and when she told a few people from church what had happened one said: Its important that you figure out a way that it doesnt happen again. It can happen again as we are human and we can forget things but you should find a way that it doesnt (put it on a keyring or whatever).
The lady who this happened to started yelling angily ''IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN! If something like this happens I bind it in the name of Jesus so it wont happen again! I will not let satan get a hold again to let that happen!''
And I was just a bit confused but after talking to my mom about it we came to the conclusion that this woman is trapped in her superstition. I truly do not believe that satan has any interest in taking a key. We still are human and may forget things when we have our mind full of things that may currently be going on (even if your just checking what you might wanna buy at the grocery store)
Now of course the people from church, including me, found that her reaction was a bit extreme so we just comforted her and pray that all will be well.
Now what is she superstitious about? It seems to me that she is taking something that is also written in the bible and turned to a extreme thinking or that she took the wivestale ''dont call for it'' too far. But as this is a church group I decided to let God lead me into a lesson for you all
Proverbs 18:21
The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
...I think that that poor lady is truly scared of the fruit of a tounge that was supposed to just simply edify her in love. I think that she was truly only trying to what the bible says we should
Romans 14:19
Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.
...and I think it is sad that she is worried so much about being cursed than to be guided and edified. The bible tells us clearly that a curse cannot rest on us without a cause (Proverbs 26:2 Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse does not come to rest.
)..and I do not think that if I for example get told 'dont forget your umbrella'' that I may have to bind anything from forgetting my unbrella. Often satan uses our mind as it is the main battlefiield. Therefore Take upon yourself the helmet of Salvation ( Eph 6:17) and dont listen to lies. Now of course some people say ''yea but words are powerful and thoughts are just thoughts they dont do anything''. Now let me tell you that this is also a lie.
The difference between speaking and thinking is that what you speak is heart by the seen and unseen world yet thinking is only to the unseen. Which is one reason why the word repentance means ''to change the way you think/change your mind''. Dont agree in your mind to any superstition or evil thought as in the mind it is where the main battle is and all your actions come from. For nothing of which you dont agree in your mind you will not do. So lets put on the Helmet of Salvation !
God bless you and keep you all