3
3xthecharm
Guest
Recently I've discovered that for me personally, Christianity isn't just a religion anymore: it's a journey. A tough journey that has its obstacles and temptations. I know God will help me get through those ups and downs, along with my friends and family. I just have to be willing to stay faithful to God and not let every day things take my eyes of off my goal. I tend to be guilty of that every day, and until recently, I haven't really cared. Now, I honestly and truly want to do better. I want to live right, and make God the highlight of my life. If I'm not mistaken, Psalms 121:1-2 says “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help; my help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth (KJV)." Also, I've recently started on a second project: to control my patience level. I've read somewhere before that someone asked God for patience, but instead of God granting their request, he just put the person through a series of tests so that the person could gain their patience. I realized that that is true; patience isn't something you can just ask God for and you'll get it, but you have to gain it by being put in trying situations. Its definitely not easy trying to control your anger when someone gets on your nerves, but just remember to pray about it and ask God to help you. After all, he is greater than all your problems.
Something else just came into my head: many people question God about one thing, and that is why he allows bad things to happen to good people, or even bad things to happen period. Well before we jump to conclusions, let's make sure that we know that sin is why these things happen, not God. He is loving and it hurts him very much that these things happen to his people. Why he allows them to happen, no one on earth knows, because we can't understand the mind of God. But I believe he allows them to continue on because it's not Jesus's time to come yet. And right before Jesus comes back, things will be at their lowest point in the history of man. Things will be so much worse than they are now. Now that's not to scare you or make you lose faith, because God will always be there for his children and he will protect them, even then. This is all the more reason you should trust him, and like a good friend told me, “I always want you to have hope." The reward that is waiting for God's faithful in the end is so much greater than any earthly possession we could ever own, better than silver and gold.
Something else just came into my head: many people question God about one thing, and that is why he allows bad things to happen to good people, or even bad things to happen period. Well before we jump to conclusions, let's make sure that we know that sin is why these things happen, not God. He is loving and it hurts him very much that these things happen to his people. Why he allows them to happen, no one on earth knows, because we can't understand the mind of God. But I believe he allows them to continue on because it's not Jesus's time to come yet. And right before Jesus comes back, things will be at their lowest point in the history of man. Things will be so much worse than they are now. Now that's not to scare you or make you lose faith, because God will always be there for his children and he will protect them, even then. This is all the more reason you should trust him, and like a good friend told me, “I always want you to have hope." The reward that is waiting for God's faithful in the end is so much greater than any earthly possession we could ever own, better than silver and gold.