The church needs missionaries sent to it

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 4, 2020
I believe we can be missionaries no matter where we are. Whether it be some far away land, in our hometown, or our own backyard, we can be the feet that bring the gospel of peace.

We’re used to the idea of sending missionaries out into the world, but what happens when it’s actually practically the entire church that needs to be reevangelized with missionaries?

There is Biblical precedent for this. Jesus told his prophet John what to write down in response to the 7 churches in Revelation 2 & 3. John wrote rebukes, praise, and warnings to them.

So since the church can become corrupt, what is it that God would say to the church today?

Woe to the churches! Woe to the Pharisees! Woe to church that lives in sin! Woe to the churches that prey on your sacred trust! Woe to the churches that love to trust in money! Woe to the churches that feed on your love! Woe to the church that dines in hell! Woe to the churches that live in fear! Woe to the churches that speak unrighteously! Woe to the churches that speak lies!

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
I seen a few missionaries preach at my church, those who evangelized in places like Africa or Middle East. I think it is good to hear their sermons and about their experiences. One thing to note that that they are preaching in churches for their own safety, rather than out in the street which is more dangerous. I think a lot of people imagine missionaries walking up to groups of unbelivers despite safety concerns. They are building churches abroad, gathering, etc and their numbers increase slowly. I think this is similar to church building in the U.S., but obviously it can be much more dangerous abroad. The missionaries who go abroad also sacrifice more; there may not be electricity, other conveniences, etc.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
The evangelists here preach love of Jesus combined with social justice issues, in some places. Not everyone takes the repent or hell approach.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Woe to the churches! Woe to the Pharisees! Woe to church that lives in sin! Woe to the churches that prey on your sacred trust! Woe to the churches that love to trust in money! Woe to the churches that feed on your love! Woe to the church that dines in hell! Woe to the churches that live in fear! Woe to the churches that speak unrighteously! Woe to the churches that speak lies!
This kind of preaching would not be fitting for missionaries who focus primarily on the Gospel (which also includes repentance). So Christendom (not the Church) needs preachers fire and brimstone preachers.

N

notonmywatch

2 Timothy 3

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was. 10But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, 11Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Who or what is today's "church" truly being taught by?

Is today's "church" primarily being taught by men of corrupt minds or evil men and seducers who resist the truth and are reprobate concerning the faith, while having a form of godliness, yet denying the power thereof, as they are being deceived by those who are deceived themselves?

Or is today's "church" primarily being taught by the holy scriptures themselves, which are able to make one wise unto salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, and which are profitable for doctrine, for reproof, and for correction in righteousness, and which enable a man of God to be perfect and thoroughly furnished unto all good works?

It seems to me that most of today's "church" has been so thoroughly corrupted by the first choice that their view of the second choice is terribly, terribly off.

yoriii

Apr 26, 2022
I believe we can be missionaries no matter where we are. Whether it be some far away land, in our hometown, or our own backyard, we can be the feet that bring the gospel of peace.

We’re used to the idea of sending missionaries out into the world, but what happens when it’s actually practically the entire church that needs to be reevangelized with missionaries?

There is Biblical precedent for this. Jesus told his prophet John what to write down in response to the 7 churches in Revelation 2 & 3. John wrote rebukes, praise, and warnings to them.

So since the church can become corrupt, what is it that God would say to the church today?

Is it a part of "The Great Commision"? :unsure:

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021

Unfortunately, many Christian groups are little more than cults led by strong charismatic leaders. These leaders maintain their authority by subtle forms of mind control and manipulation. It's very difficult to get people out of these groups or to change once they've been indoctrinated. One only has to look at the Jonestown phenomenon to see this; or the Branch Davidians in Waco.

More than anything they need our prayers.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
The evangelists here preach love of Jesus combined with social justice issues, in some places. Not everyone takes the repent or hell approach.
What are social justice issues?

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
What are social justice issues?
Race equality, housing immigrants, involvement with foster care kids/integrating them into church, LGBT discrimination for affirming churches, other issues like healthcare and voting deadline awareness.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
Race equality, housing immigrants, involvement with foster care kids/integrating them into church, LGBT discrimination for affirming churches, other issues like healthcare and voting deadline awareness.
Nothing about homeless veterans; very telling. What’s lgbt discrimination for affirming churches? What does that entail?

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
Nothing about homeless veterans; very telling. What’s lgbt discrimination for affirming churches? What does that entail?
Yes, homelessness too. My church also does events with ex prisoners. My church isnt lgbt affirming though many members are. Basically including them in more visible church roles, if they want. We had a gay man who hosted most of an Easter program.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
Yes, homelessness too. My church also does events with ex prisoners. My church isnt lgbt affirming though many members are. Basically including them in more visible church roles, if they want. We had a gay man who hosted most of an Easter program.
That’s cool

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021

Many should examine why the word "apostle" was supplanted by the word "missionary" in the church's vernacular.

But, who will send the "missionaries"?

Furthermore, the Evangelical church does not receive those sent by God any more. Speakers must have credentials derived from seminarian experience or from the business world... having written a best selling "Christian" book is a guaranteed ticket to the pulpit. Having money helps, too. If one does not have money, running an orphanage or several trips in a jungle or to the Dominican Republic to preach to "unreached people" is a golden ticket. Of course, in the light of the gospel, this is foolishness

Jesus was a "man of no reputation" yet His sheep heard His voice. How many men are willing to make themselves of no reputation? And how many churches would give their pulpit to men of no credentials?