"The Civil War of the Soul"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AnandaHya

I'm reading two books right now and I thought I'd share with you and see your thoughts on the matter.

Note: I post to give the gift of renewed faith, not to teach any new wisdom. I believe the Bible sums it up nicely, people just haven't bothered reading it all.

Max Lucado "In the Grip of Grace" chapter beginning quote:

Romans 7:9-10

9 Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. 10 I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death.

Romans 7:21-24

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?

"Taking off the Robe of Unforgiveness" chapter from Walking In Faith: taking off the robes, by Jennifer Kostyal
she uses the AMP Bible
Isaiah 60
1ARISE [from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you--rise to a new life]! Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord), for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you!(A)

Isaiah 53:5
5But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.

Colossians 3:13
13Be gentle and forbearing with one another and, if one has a difference (a grievance or complaint) against another, readily pardoning each other; even as the Lord has [freely] forgiven you, so must you also [forgive].

Mark 11:23-26
View commentary related to this passage

23Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, Be lifted up and thrown into the sea! and does not doubt at all in his heart but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him.

24For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it].

25And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [a]let it drop (leave it, let it go), in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop.
26But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings.

John 15

1I AM the True Vine, and My Father is the Vinedresser.
2Any branch in Me that does not bear fruit [that stops bearing] He cuts away (trims off, takes away); and He cleanses and repeatedly prunes every branch that continues to bear fruit, to make it bear more and richer and more excellent fruit.

3You are cleansed and pruned already, because of the word which I have given you [the teachings I have discussed with you].

4Dwell in Me, and I will dwell in you. [Live in Me, and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me.

5I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing.

Proverbs 3:3-6
3Let not mercy and kindness [shutting out all hatred and selfishness] and truth [shutting out all deliberate hypocrisy or falsehood] forsake you; bind them about your neck, write them upon the tablet of your heart.(A)

4So shall you find favor, good understanding, and high esteem in the sight [or judgment] of God and man.(B)

5Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

6In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.

Matthew 6:12
12And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven ([a]left, remitted, and let go of the debts, and have given up resentment against) our debtors.

Psalm 45:10-11 (remember people GOD is our Heavenly Father)
10Hear, O daughter, consider, submit, and consent to my instruction: forget also your own people and your father's house;
11So will the King desire your beauty; because He is your Lord, be submissive and reverence and honor Him

Matthew 12:46-49

Ephesians 2: 4-5; 13; 3: 17-19

1 John 4:16
View commentary related to this passage

16And we know (understand, recognize, are conscious of, by observation and by experience) and believe (adhere to and put faith in and rely on) the love God cherishes for us. God is love, and he who dwells and continues in love dwells and continues in God, and God dwells and continues in him.

Ephesians 4:30-32; 5: 1-2

Matthew 16: 24-26

WHat does taking up the cross mean in your life today?

(me it means telling the truth and following God's will even when I know the person will not believe me, God wants us to plant the seeds)

2 Corinthians 6:18
"I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty"

So learn to forgive yourself and others. Listen and let God's love sink into your souls. Pick up the shield of faith to ward off the attack of the enemy.

YouTube - God's love letter

Last edited: