A simple conversation I had with another member in here got my attention. She mentioned, without mentioning her name, that she struggled with always trying to save everyone. We talked about the difference between planting seed and Harvesting etc....then I ended up telling her the heart she had was still like Christ's.... Why apologize? Pat yourself on the Back!
God had me think about that even more...... Who are we to become like? And are we sold out to that conclusion?
You say you really, really, really, really, really like Jesus! But if you were honest with yourself some of us don't really want to become like Him. You admire His humility, we all do, but do YOU really want to be that humble?
I mean, you think it's beautiful, we all think it's beautiful that the son of God would get down on His knees and wash the feet of His disciples. We think that's beautiful, but is that the goal of your life? And is your life headed in the direction of servanthood?
Your thankful that Jesus was spit on, and abused and that He took it. But you would never let that happen to you.
You love the fact that He laid down His rights. But your going to spend your whole life fighting for yours, and defending yours.
You praise Him, you sing songs, and you love Him, because He loved you enough to suffer during His whole time on this earth for your sake, but your going to make sure you have fun while your down here, and have a good time.
In short, you think He's a great Savior but He's not a great Role model. And I say that because I hear messages in my church, and it's about the Character of Jesus Christ and the way we ought to follow that Character, and people in the church meet it with this, "Hey no, I can have this, I can have that".
I want to yell out..."Wait a second!, is Jesus Christ your Role model?"
Think this thru, is it the desire of your heart that you would be the Servant that would lay down your life for someone else?
The crazy thing about all this is that, 1John 2:6...says, "Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did."
IT'S NOT AN OPTIONAL THING!
Well maybe I can be a christian and admire everything about Jesus, but my life will look nothing like His; NO!...John says whoever claims to have Jesus IN him must walk as Jesus did.
As We celebrate the very criteria to our Salvation in the coming days..I pray we understand what it means to claim Victory thru Chris's blood. It means change in us.
It means commitment to that change. And some need to understand that from the beginning they have not changed at all. Other's of us need to see that there are thing's in the closets that we keep hidden that need to come out and be removed from our lives. Because people can smell it stinking up your place.
"God wants us all"... that is not the conclusive statement. "God requires all of us"- is. For whatever thing we say "NO" to God about, may become the thing that is the condition to your Salvation.
God had me think about that even more...... Who are we to become like? And are we sold out to that conclusion?
You say you really, really, really, really, really like Jesus! But if you were honest with yourself some of us don't really want to become like Him. You admire His humility, we all do, but do YOU really want to be that humble?
I mean, you think it's beautiful, we all think it's beautiful that the son of God would get down on His knees and wash the feet of His disciples. We think that's beautiful, but is that the goal of your life? And is your life headed in the direction of servanthood?
Your thankful that Jesus was spit on, and abused and that He took it. But you would never let that happen to you.
You love the fact that He laid down His rights. But your going to spend your whole life fighting for yours, and defending yours.
You praise Him, you sing songs, and you love Him, because He loved you enough to suffer during His whole time on this earth for your sake, but your going to make sure you have fun while your down here, and have a good time.
In short, you think He's a great Savior but He's not a great Role model. And I say that because I hear messages in my church, and it's about the Character of Jesus Christ and the way we ought to follow that Character, and people in the church meet it with this, "Hey no, I can have this, I can have that".
I want to yell out..."Wait a second!, is Jesus Christ your Role model?"
Think this thru, is it the desire of your heart that you would be the Servant that would lay down your life for someone else?
The crazy thing about all this is that, 1John 2:6...says, "Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did."
IT'S NOT AN OPTIONAL THING!
Well maybe I can be a christian and admire everything about Jesus, but my life will look nothing like His; NO!...John says whoever claims to have Jesus IN him must walk as Jesus did.
As We celebrate the very criteria to our Salvation in the coming days..I pray we understand what it means to claim Victory thru Chris's blood. It means change in us.
It means commitment to that change. And some need to understand that from the beginning they have not changed at all. Other's of us need to see that there are thing's in the closets that we keep hidden that need to come out and be removed from our lives. Because people can smell it stinking up your place.
"God wants us all"... that is not the conclusive statement. "God requires all of us"- is. For whatever thing we say "NO" to God about, may become the thing that is the condition to your Salvation.