The Conscience

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

This verse mentions our conscience. Indeed the Bible teaches we have a conscience. Notice a few things about these people who have a "seared" conscience: they have left the faith (backsliders); the follow seducing spirits; they follow doctrines of devils (bad doctrine); they lie; they are hypocrites. These things sear the conscience. They are the road to a bad conscience.

Romans 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,

Many people believe that the Holy Spirit speaks to them through there conscience. I believe that that is possible due to this verse. Once again lieing is mentioned. Lieing gives a bad conscience. People who do not tell the truth sear there conscience, so that they no longer can feel right and wrong.

1 Timothy 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

P

prophecyman

YES! The Holy Spirit indeed speaks through the conscience, I have experienced it several times this year alone, if it is the voice of the Lord then He will confirm the word spoken to you, and it will always align with the word of God.