The Cross or Stauros (Pole)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mich223

There is a recent article out by Gunnar Samuelsson who states that Christ didn't die on the cross. What do you think? Did Christ die on a pole or a cross. Does it matter as he was executed anyway?

B

BestBeWishing

There is a recent article out by Gunnar Samuelsson who states that Christ didn't die on the cross. What do you think? Did Christ die on a pole or a cross. Does it matter as he was executed anyway?
Beloved,

the only place I know of is in acts, But we must know that back then the Cross was made from a tree or poles.

acts5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

The Crucifixion
17 And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha: 18 Where they crucified him, and two other with him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst.

Matthew 27:40
And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.

Matthew 27:42
He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

Mark 15:30
Save thyself, and come down from the cross
Mark 15:32
Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

John 19:31
The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

"In His Service"

Dec 19, 2009
Yes, Jesus died on a cross.

The cross was quite a brutal form of execution, wouldn’t you say? His hands and feet were nailed to the cross and he was left there until he died.

M

Mich223

I think if we stick to the Bible we'll be ok.

G

greatkraw

JWs believe this about the pole

nuff said

HAMAN INVENTED crucifixion

May 21, 2009
The word says cross it matters. In those days people were punished on crosses. Its a part of history. The bible says for us to pick up the cross.

S

socperkins

Somebody once told me that the points of the cross actually represent Jewish letters that glorify God. He told me after he heard it from somebody else and didn't pay much attention, so he couldn't give me all the info I wanted. Does anybody know anything about this?