The Days Of Noah

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
You know what amazes me/ That God gave all the worker's involved, the capability of architecture! One of my first job's was carpentry. I wonder what they used for nails and such.I wonder if God walked them through the process. Was this Noah's profession?
We know God is a master builder and He told Noah what to do and Noah followed God's instructions....

I also took woodworking in High School instead of home ec.... which I was totally bored in and the woodworking class challenged me and has been useful in my adult life....

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I wonder what they used for nails and such
Have you never heard of wooden dowels being used for joinery in carpentry? Says one carpenter: "If I had to choose just one method to connect project parts for the rest of my woodworking career, the dowel joint would probably be it. Strong, precise, hidden and versatile, the only danger is that dowel joints seem so very simple at first glance. "

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
You know what amazes me/ That God gave all the worker's involved, the capability of architecture! One of my first job's was carpentry. I wonder what they used for nails and such.I wonder if God walked them through the process. Was this Noah's profession?
I don't believe it was Noah's profession as he lived in a desert region. It definitely had some supernatural help.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You mean, In the Entire world? How does that math work? or ethnicity for that matter...
Well, it was post-flood and everyone else had drowned, right? Ham, Shem, and Japeth are the
forefathers of everyone now, with Japeth = Orientals, Ham = Africans, and Japeth = Europeans.

Here (<- clickable link) is a page on it :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You mean, In the Entire world? How does that math work? or ethnicity for that matter...
Well, it was post-flood and everyone else had drowned, right? Ham, Shem, and Japeth are the
forefathers of everyone now, with Japeth = Orientals, Ham = Africans, and Japeth = Europeans.

Here (<- clickable link) is a page on it :)
Oops, I said Japeth twice, one of them should have been Shem = Semitic :geek:

Jun 10, 2019
We know God is a master builder and He told Noah what to do and Noah followed God's instructions....

I also took woodworking in High School instead of home ec.... which I was totally bored in and the woodworking class challenged me and has been useful in my adult life....
Rgr that, woodworking and shipbuilding engineering

36B35771-BF75-4684-BEA1-0BB63BA37BFA.png

K

Kim82

I've seen glimpses of online parties that's been popular in this pandemic. One rum company in my country has advertised that they would deliver the rum so that people can enjoy their favourite liquor at home while they isolate and party.

Seeing all the death, job loss etc I thought they would seek God at a time like this. But no. The party must go on, as in the days of Noah.

Even many are waiting for this time to pass, so they can get on with business as usual. They have not learned any lessons, they have not been touched by what has happened so as to draw close to God. What will it take for them to accept this grand salvation?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I've seen glimpses of online parties that's been popular in this pandemic. One rum company in my country has advertised that they would deliver the rum so that people can enjoy their favourite liquor at home while they isolate and party.

Seeing all the death, job loss etc I thought they would seek God at a time like this. But no. The party must go on, as in the days of Noah.

Even many are waiting for this time to pass, so they can get on with business as usual. They have not learned any lessons, they have not been touched by what has happened so as to draw close to God. What will it take for them to accept this grand salvation?
Unfortunately, many will not accept it. But as Noah never gave up for 100+ years while he literally never saw his words take fruit in people's lives. We must be just as faithful even if it falls on deaf ears.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I don't believe it was Noah's profession as he lived in a desert region. It definitely had some supernatural help.
He also had 100 years to build the ark. That's the equivalent (or more) of the working career of two of the best carpenters you know, presumably with the availability of 3 apprentices (his sons).

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
He also had 100 years to build the ark. That's the equivalent (or more) of the working career of two of the best carpenters you know, presumably with the availability of 3 apprentices (his sons).
Well, we are not told how it was constructed but we also have no evidence of something of that size in naval construction had been achieved and for centuries later wouldn't be achieved again.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Can you imagine the hate and flak that man, his wife, and children received while also building a giant boat in the middle of a desert?
They must have been pretty evil because God had to execute judgement, God usually doesnt do it on a massive level like he did in Noah's time. Noah was the only one saved, imagine that on the entire planet with possibly millions of people only 8 were saved. This alone shows to me that Noah must have been really righteous, to resist the evil and temptations as he did.