The Death of Christianity in America

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Hit a nerve, have I? I must have, since you are now deflecting from the argument.
Just to address the question in your attempt at deflection, do you think living next door to the U.S. allows me to ignore what they do? It's like I imagine lying in bed next to an elephant must be. You'd feel every twitch it makes.
BlackPlatypus got banned. I think every country wonders what the USA does, and what it's gonna do next. Is it gonna behead more christians? Pull another 9/11? I guess we need to just sit back and wait and see what happens, just like Canada and the rest of the world are. :/

Aug 26, 2014
BlackPlatypus got banned. I think every country wonders what the USA does, and what it's gonna do next. Is it gonna behead more christians? Pull another 9/11? I guess we need to just sit back and wait and see what happens, just like Canada and the rest of the world are. :/
The unfortunate thing about folks like her is that they immediately try to label me as "anti-American" (which she made allusion to in another thread). I actually have a fond admiration for the revolutionary history of the United States and wish they would adhere to that wonderful document called the Constitution. I suspect many problems would be resolved if their government did.

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
What????

How can you say that ?
The republicans since Regan to Romney that I have seen since my time on earth have done nothing but make life harder on the middle to lower class. Romney wanted to take away programs that helped people, and stated that he didn't care about a percentage of people. Bush and Bush jr. bad policies destroyed the economy structure.
I admit Obama hasn't done any better.

Clinton even though got caught in scandals, did turn the economy around a little and put it in good shape. Then Bush jr. came along with his lame duck policies and turn the economy back to bad.

Romney wanted to raise taxes on middle class families, but lower them on the upper class.
This is not Christian like.

Being Christ like is taking care of the less fortunate, not making life harder on them as Regan, and the Bushes did, and Romney would have done.

I am not republican or democrat because they both cause dissension in the country.
I am all for taking away government handouts You know how many times I have been in a store and had to buy what little I could afford while some leech spends 300+ bucks in food stamps then turns around pulls out a wad of cash to buy booze and lotto tickets and carts it out to a nice new $50,000 auto while I have to walk 1/2 mile. yeah government handouts need stopped.

Clinton is a joke, you say how much he helped the economy while he turned around and signed a document that sent manufacturing right out of the country that one act did more economic damage then anything Bush Jr did.

as for the not being Christ like statement. give a man a fish he eats for a day (welfare) teach a man to fish he eats for life (jobs) also remember the nice statement he who does not work shall not eat. However the Demoncrat party loves to give people fish for votes.

It is also demoncrat's who send letterheads to police departments telling the police that white people, Christians, pro 2nd amendment, anti abortion, pro ron paul are evil terrorist.

As I said before, ANY Christian voting for democrats is just like the frog giving the scorpion a ride across the river, cause those democrats would love nothing more then to see you dead

Aug 26, 2014
I am all for taking away government handouts You know how many times I have been in a store and had to buy what little I could afford while some leech spends 300+ bucks in food stamps then turns around pulls out a wad of cash to buy booze and lotto tickets and carts it out to a nice new $50,000 auto while I have to walk 1/2 mile. yeah government handouts need stopped.

Clinton is a joke, you say how much he helped the economy while he turned around and signed a document that sent manufacturing right out of the country that one act did more economic damage then anything Bush Jr did.

as for the not being Christ like statement. give a man a fish he eats for a day (welfare) teach a man to fish he eats for life (jobs) also remember the nice statement he who does not work shall not eat. However the Demoncrat party loves to give people fish for votes.

It is also demoncrat's who send letterheads to police departments telling the police that white people, Christians, pro 2nd amendment, anti abortion, pro ron paul are evil terrorist.

As I said before, ANY Christian voting for democrats is just like the frog giving the scorpion a ride across the river, cause those democrats would love nothing more then to see you dead
And, conversely, the Republicrat Party loves to give Christians empty platitudes for votes. Tell me of anything that has changed in America to turn it back toward Christianity. This, despite Republican presidents and Republican-controlled Congresses.
The whole two-party system is a con game.

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
Oh and before kennethcadwell tries to claim NAFTA was all evil republicans..

NAFTA was signed Dec 8,1993. with a DEMOCRAT house, DEMOCRAT senate and a DEMOCRAT president.

Atwood

May 1, 2014
Actually I don't want the "popular vote" to be what decides the election. you see I do not want cities like LA,Chicago,NYC,San Fransico to decide everything. We need the Electoral College but it needs refined. to win the state you should have to win the majority of the counties in said state. Thus big cities have no more power then the least populated county. You see in big cities you have a large populations who vote for a certain party just for the government handouts. Look at Illinois if you take Chicago (big city with a large government handout population) out of the picture then IL goes R.
You sound like advocating the old Herman Talmadge County Unit System of the Sov'run state of Georgia. They is done declared it Unconsitutional, our dear old Scotus, Ah mean.

The fact is, IMHO, the problem is really not in the system of gummint, it is in the nature of the people.

Atwood

May 1, 2014
That's not true. Much of what is now Muslim land was once Christian.
Well, I don't think any land has ever been Christian. The Roman Empire after Constantine was hardly Christian. I don't think that the papists were being persecuted. Now as to the real Christians, I really don't know the details of their history, since so far as I know, they didn't leave much in writing which the papists preserved. You do raise a good question to which I really don't know the answer.

What comes to mind is the Church of Ephesus, which left its first love, and had its lampstand removed, perhaps by Muslims in Asia Minor. Ephesus was not threatened with removal of lampstand via persecution. Then I think of Philadelphia, where they Lord opened a door that man could not shut.

Then there is lukewarm Laodicea, to be spewed out of the mouth.

Overt persecution seems to have not worked in the pagan Roman empire. I don't think it worked in Russia or China. I guess we may see how it works in the USA!