The Deity of Christ.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
Word = God's Word.

Holy Spirit = God's Spirit.

Father = God's Mind.

when Jesus spoke of the Father, He spoke of Himself (His mind/His will) but in human terms people may think He was speaking of a different entity but Jesus assured His disciples that if they have seen Him they have seen the Father.

Y

yaright

Hi

I'm still confused.

CanadaNZ, you've written 'We have one God who is three, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.'

But three what? Three persons?

I'm a father, and I have a son, and I also have a father, but we aren't all the same person - most definitely not haha!

My father can't be his own son, and I can't be my own father, and my son is not me, otherwise English has lost all its meaning.

I've had a look through the scriptures and it says that Jesus' father was the Holy Spirit.

So from that how can the Holy Spirit be his Father (God, The Father) and then at the same time be the Son of God?

Scripture seems very much to contradict itself.

Among Christians there are basically two ways used; One is...

The bible contradicts itself.

The other is; I do not understand.

Old Testament Law

and

Old Testament words of a prophet

both speak of three parts of you..

They are written in creation language....

Very few know there is a greater purpose in creation that goes beyond the common way we consider it.

What you are saying is no different than what many Christians think or say in the beginnings of faith.

I will give you an example. Those who follow Jesus are referred to as His sheep. Why?

If you carefully and throughly search the many facets of the nature of sheep, you will learn a little bit of who you are and why you are that way in God's sight.

Not many bother to search these things because they are used to speaking of sheep in a meaningless way.

If you follow in the teaching found in a golden path of wisdom which Jesus as laid out before you; and someone called you one of His sheep, is that a contradiction? If you use the term sheep in a common way, it is a contradiction. You are not a sheep....

C

CanadaNZ

The bible is clear about two things, we have a God, who is three. What that looks like? I don't think we will know until we get to heaven, because the bible is also clear about something else: that God is beyond our understanding, that to Him all our knowledge is foolishness.

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
hi everyone

who here denies that Jesus is the Almighty God? and not just a son.

PS: God is not 3 persons, He is 1 person. Deuteronomy 6:4 (KJV)