the devil

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordy

Random question(s):
Have any of you ever made a random post about a topic and then used CAPS on certain words of your post to frame a hidden message or sentence within the contents of your post?! I know this is a ramdom thought, but is it possible for the devil to have influenced the development of language, over the years, to serve his own purposes? Language is all about evolution. Pardon, my use of the word evolution. NOT trying to offend anyone HERE. But really, think about it, I've lost my car keys often enough, and I currently can't find my cell phone. Could I be a forgetful hearer of God's Word? Very possible. I have a target on me saying 'easy prey'. So, I'm thinking might it be natural for a brute like the devil to manipulate language, so as to best serve his own purposes? You see, the devil was around before your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grand-parents. You get the point, he's an old dude. Well, he's just plain ancient. Not like thee-one-and-only Ancient of Days, but like a powerful pseudo-god. Maybe the ol' devil would give modern computer programmers a run for their money. In the Bible for instance, the devil was all about tempting Christ by twisting scripture. Give the ol' guy a few thousand years and maybe he's better at it! Basically, God and the devil are interested in language. And the tongue [is] a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. Could the phrase 'fire of hell' be referring to devil's influence with laguage?