The doctrine of entire sanctification.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2015
Yeah, till the ground, break the bedrock, clear the thorns for the seed to germinate. Must be done before any physical work.

And yet the wicked servant accuses the master of reaping what he did not sow!

If we invest our time and effort towards the things of the flesh we will reap death.

If we invest our time and effort towards the things of the Spirit we will of the Spirit reap eternal life.

JLB

Oct 31, 2015
well you're just passing through

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

We are not forgiven and therefore cleansed of our sin if we don’t confess our sin.

Jan 14, 2021
The scripture I quoted is Galatians 6:7-8.
I meant to say Romans 7:25 rather than 8:25.

"I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." - Romans 7:25 KJV

This adds context to the "sowing" that is referenced in Gal 6:7-8. We don't just sow in one category or the other. We necessarily sow a mixture of both good and bad.

Jan 14, 2021
For what it's worth, this OT verse also seems to fit that theme of a divided self:

"My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever." - Psalm 73:26 KJV

Oct 31, 2015
I meant to say Romans 7:25 rather than 8:25.

"I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." - Romans 7:25 KJV

This adds context to the "sowing" that is referenced in Gal 6:7-8. We don't just sow in one category or the other. We necessarily sow a mixture of both good and bad.

Sowing refers to either investing our time and effort into the things of the Spirit, or the things of the flesh.

We with practice righteousness or we practice the works of the flesh.

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Galatians 5:16

JLB