The dumping ground

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well I dont know all your circumstances but I know of believers who gave their life so other people could be safe, they put themselves in danger and some didnt live to tell the tale, but their action stopped someone else from having a similar fate. I dont know if its martyrdom or just raising awareness that they may take your body but they cannot take your soul.

A lot of people do stand by and dont do anything for the people in their care who are weaker. I think its human to save your own skin. But its divine to save someone elses. Especially if its in your power to do so...and a sad case that so many believers fail to take that God given authority...over demons, evil etc.

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
I am not perfect yet. But one day.
neither am i. I still mess up.

BUt in terms of our identity this is how God sees us:

A new creation

the righteousness of Jesus (He imputed His righteousness to us)

a chosn people. A royal priesthood

redeemed

He rejoices over us with singing

no longer under ANY condemnation

holy and dearly loved

His sheep

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
I took care of my late second wife who was crippled with psoriatic arthritis along with other severe medical issues. At the same time I was working full time. Also did all of the housework and anything necessary to keep things running. This was for the entire 11 years and 2 months we were married. She was not in the best of health when we first got married and her condition steadily deteriorated. At the end I authorized the attending physician to take her off the respirator which was the only thing keeping her alive. At that point she was in a coma that she would not wake from. Yeah, I'm all set with persevering through incredible burdens.
W ow, that is a beautiful example of how a husband should love His wife , just as Christ loved the church . Beautiful .

Am sorry for your loss.❤

yuli21

May 2, 2021
Canada
I agree that there's nothing wrong with asking for clarity and wisdom and guidance, whether it's for you or for a loved one. I laugh at this but it feels like I have a telepathic connection with my grandma and I can feel when she prays for me. As a prayer is an exercise to conform your desires and purposes to His will and glory, I don't think we should think of it as an attempt to have Him agree with us or expect to deliver us what we selfishly desire. We all have people that are dear to us and we hope we can help solve their problems by offering advice or time or money. But at the end of the day, they are the ones who need that clarity and light to break the binds that keep them in those situations. That's when I feel compelled to say a prayer.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I agree that there's nothing wrong with asking for clarity and wisdom and guidance, whether it's for you or for a loved one. I laugh at this but it feels like I have a telepathic connection with my grandma and I can feel when she prays for me. As a prayer is an exercise to conform your desires and purposes to His will and glory, I don't think we should think of it as an attempt to have Him agree with us or expect to deliver us what we selfishly desire. We all have people that are dear to us and we hope we can help solve their problems by offering advice or time or money. But at the end of the day, they are the ones who need that clarity and light to break the binds that keep them in those situations. That's when I feel compelled to say a prayer.
This is a great post! However, I must say this . . . that telepathic connection with your grandma isn't funny . . . it's incredible! I would cherish this gift that you seem to have been given. I know this: I wish that I had this kind of connection with one of my grandmothers while they were alive. How wonderful . . .

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
maybe everyone has this?

if you are praying for someone the other can somehow feel it? Even if you havent told them.

I am sure that there have been times in my life when I thought God was looking out for me and I hadnt asked Him to myself.

Sometimes you can only reach someone through prayer cos you cant do anything about their situation or problem.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
surely it will of its to the Almighty who can do anything.

I mean there are easy things you cand do like if you have two coats you can give one away. But if you dont have a coat and its below freezing and someone else desperately needs one and you have no money to buy one and nowehere to find one you might need to ask God for extra help.

Sep 2, 2018
California
I suppose for me the question would be, “Am I safe enough for someone who is hurting to seek me out because they are desperate to dump?”

I learned this lesson the hard way and daily I remember and vow never to have it happen again. There was this beautiful, sweet lady, who was extremely troubled because so many people took advantage of her. And those who did not take advantage of her were always telling he what she needed to do. No one just sat with her to listen except me at times. Over a long period of time, years, the pattern of judgement of this poor woman inadvertently poured over me. I did not even realize how subtle this deceptive, evil, pattern was infiltrating me. I inadvertently slid down the slippery slope of judgement much like what Moses did when he struck the rock frustrated in judgement of the people. Then the woman who had become severely ill from her depression placed herself in a place I would be. Did I sit and listen? No. Did I have judgement of the problems that were so true to her? Yes. Did I regret not listening and repent? Yes. She died soon thereafter and my heart is so broken. I determined in my heart. I will not be deceived with Satan’s lies. I will listen when I am called. There is a reason for every problem and all need to be heard. I will listen and if I am not able to fully listen, I will make sure this person knows they are able to return.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
quakers call it sending the light.

instead of verbally praying, they sit in silence and LISTEN.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I had to rethink my withdrawing books practice last week, my regular practice was to offer them to teachers first in staff room as the previous librarian had done.

Then for some strange reason, which I suspect is a hoarding issue on her part, the Principal objected to this. So my new stratagy to clear old books no longer being issed on the shelves is to offer them to children first in the library to take home and keep. and I say they are spares, so nobody feels like they are getting dumped on.

I think some people arent aware that libraries cant keep everything unless they expand the library building, or just pack books in till you can barely move and find anything. I used to work in a library that ran out of shelving space so the books were on the floor, getting damaged. They never withdrew anything! But a working library is not the same as an archive or a stack.

HumbleOne

Jul 10, 2021
I think that it's good that people talk about their problems even if don't have answers. People need people, we're relationship beings. Our friends can see things in us that we normally can't recognize. It helps us grow and mature in Christ. Yes, excessiveness can be a sign of a more serious issue and might need to direct a person to see a professional.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think that it's good that people talk about their problems even if don't have answers. People need people, we're relationship beings. Our friends can see things in us that we normally can't recognize. It helps us grow and mature in Christ. Yes, excessiveness can be a sign of a more serious issue and might need to direct a person to see a professional.
and the professional is....?

I thought it would be God but many people tend to think there will be someone else paid to listen to your problems.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
host your own party...if you feeling left out.