The eighth foundation of the Christ faith: meekness (06/12)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
The eighth foundation is the meekness. How did I conclude this?

• “Seek all of you the LORD, all you meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be all of you shall be hid in the day of the LORD's anger.” (Zep_2:3).

First: note that the meek need to work Jesus’ judgment and seek His justice (righteousness), which are one the foundations of the follower of Christ.

• “And ride prosperously in Your majesty, because of truth and meekness and righteousness; and Your right hand shall teach You fearful things”. (Psa_45:4).

Second: in His majesty the Creator rides in order to establish truth, meekness and justice together.

• “Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender feelings of mercy, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, long-suffering,” (Col_3:12).
  • “But you, O man of God, flee these things and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, and meekness.” (1Tim 6:11)

Third: meekness is something which we need to put on and follow after.

• “I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, plead to you that all of you walk worthy of the vocation wherewith all of you are called, with all lowliness and meekness, with long-suffering, forbearing one another in love,” (Eph_4:1,2).
  • “Therefore putting aside all filthiness and overflowing of evil, receive in meekness the implanted Word, which is able to save your souls.” (Jas_1:21)

Fourth: meekness must determine our walking and the way by which we ought to receive the Word of Jesus in us.

• “Brothers, if a man is overtaken in a fault, you the spiritual ones restore such a one in the spirit of meekness, considering yourself, lest you also be tempted.” (Gal_6:1)”.
  • “in meekness instructing those who oppose, if perhaps God will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth,” (2Tim_2:25).
  • “to speak evil of no one, not being quarrelsome, but forbearing, showing all meekness to all men.” (Tit_3:2).
  • “Who is wise and knowing among you? Let him show his works by his good conduct with meekness of wisdom”. (Jas_3:13).
  • “but sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and be ready always to give an answer to everyone who asks you a reason of the hope in you, with meekness and fear;” (1Pe_3:15)

Fifth: meekness must characterize our mode of relating with people that Jesus put in our way.

• “You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; and Your right hand has held me up, and Your meekness has made me great “. (Psa 18:35).

Sixth: the meekness of Jesus (Matthew 11.29) is what make us great.

But, what is meekness? Tomorrow I am going to speak about this (if Jesus reveals it to me). For the nonce, have I delicious day in Christ Jesus meditating on this.