The Emerging Surveillance State and a "Mark of the Beast"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 18, 2014
Hello everyone,

I hope that your week has been happy and productive.

I'd like to get your feedback on the general concept of "the mark of the beast" as it applies to the increasing severity of economic persecution in America and the West.

I recently wrote So even the Germans are creeped out by our Surveillance State in consideration of the remarkably Orwellian reality in which we find ourselves as Christians in the "land of the free" and the home of the NSA.

In light of this 1984-ish state of affairs, I've been contemplating the unfolding "Mark of the Beast" style economic persecution/control of Christians that is ramping up at great speed in America. I've written about this in a few pieces (A Mark of the Beast, and Corporate "Mark of the Beast" Rollout Continues, for example) and I am wondering what your thoughts might be on this whole situation.

Thank you for your time and consideration of these things.

Have a good one!

Last edited:
R

RachelBibleStudent

i don't agree with everything in your blog posts...but your perspective on the 'mark of the beast' seems closer to my own view than a lot of the literal interpretations i often see posted around here...

here is my view briefly...

according to scripture christians are sealed with the holy spirit...there are also scriptural references to God's word being like a seal on your head and on your hand...that is it will rule over your thoughts and your actions...

the mark of the beast is likewise described as a mark on the head or on the hand...and receiving the mark of the beast is described in revelation as unforgivable...those who accept the mark are irredeemably doomed...

we know from elsewhere in scripture that there is only -one- unforgivable sin...namely the blasphemy against the holy spirit...so my reasoning is that the mark of the beast is like a spiritual 'counter seal' rejecting the holy spirit...

this blasphemy would be displayed on a person's head or on their hand...that is in their thoughts and behaviors...

i don't believe that the references in revelation to not being able to buy or sell without the mark of the beast refer to any specific new economic or monetary system to appear in the future...such as a global currency or a global 'super EU' economic union...because all of the things in this portion of revelation could be accomplished without it...

more specifically depriving people and organizations of the ability to buy and sell has already been done on a large scale for many many years...in the form of boycotts and embargoes and economic sanctions...all it would take to implement what we read about in this portion of revelation would be a widespread understanding among like minded individuals and organizations aligned with the beast that they would refuse to do business with any individuals and organizations that are not similarly 'marked' against the holy spirit's guidance in their expressed thoughts and behaviors...

and as you mentioned in your 'corporate mark of the beast' blog post...this kind of thing is already in progress...