The enemy and his tactics

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

socperkins

I've noticed lately that the enemy has seemed to change his tactics. When I was growing up people tried to tell me how God didn't exist, how He couldn't exist, and how the Bible was just a fantasy book. They would throw various scientific 'facts' at me and call me ignorant for believing the Truth. Now though, I don't see anybody really saying "God doesn't exist" but "God is evil, here is proof from the Bible". I have a few coworkers on my Facebook friends list and all they post are anti-Christian YouTube videos attacking the character of God. Of course any attempts to point out their biased verse plucking just ends in name calling but there isn't much to do about that.

Has anybody else noticed this shift? Instead of trying to disprove God it seems the new thing is to show that God is evil. What this does is create people who say "I don't care if God exists, because I wouldn't want to serve a God like Him anyway." How do we get past this?

S

Saint

How do we get past it? show them Scripture that proves God's mercy and love, which makes Him the opposite of evil

I've also noticed a tactic, divide and conquer type deal. For instance, one denomonation fights with all of the other denomonations, telling them they will all burn in a lake of fire for being heratics. Even Christians as individuals do this, consider the people on this forum. I've read posts that make Christians seem like barbarians. And even worse, those who don't fight seem to have a growing indifference and tolerance to sin, which leads them to do that sin, which leads to bad examples, which leads to false Christians and things like that. so i'm not sure which is worse, attacking God's character, Christians attacking each other, or "Christians" becoming indifferent.

G

Gabriel777

Satan's tactics haven't changed since the Garden. He does a great job at distorting everything about God. Just look at evolution and TV and all the other "church" denominations.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Satan's tactics haven't changed since the Garden. He does a great job at distorting everything about God. Just look at evolution and TV and all the other "church" denominations.

GABRIEL I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!!!!!
very cool!

S

Sandrakt

Where do you find a good chat room?

Jul 8, 2010
Ok I didn't quote you because of what you said I just wanted to say that I love your avatar!! Blazing Archon ftw!

And zone recognizes it too! Sweet! though personally Im more of a red/green mage, white has some nice guys like that

A

AgeofKnowledge

What this does is create people who say "I don't care if God exists, because I wouldn't want to serve a God like Him anyway." How do we get past this?
Power evangelism works the best. Educating them takes longer and requires positive volition on their part but works as well. You can start with power evangelism such as asking them, with the authority of a disciple of Christ, if you can pray for them. They often say "but I don't believe in God!" whereas you simply say again, with authority and expectation to begin praying for them, "may I pray for you?" If you can get them to say yes, you can literally begin to pray God's truth and wisdom and help onto their life and ask God to reveal Himself to them. Then keep praying for them. It's spiritual warfare and if they become open to God, you can begin sharing. Salvation is right around the corner. God certainly does want them to know Him.

And educate yourself. Peace and God bless you.

Education - Christians Helping Our World

C

charisenexcelcis

I was lead to Jesus by the first adult who really cared about me. This hasn't changed: everybody needs to be loved and they don't find it in the world. You want to have effective ministry. Find the loneliest person and become their best friend. And when they are whole, teach them to do the same and move to the next lonliest person.

G

Gabriel777

Ok I didn't quote you because of what you said I just wanted to say that I love your avatar!! Blazing Archon ftw!

And zone recognizes it too! Sweet! though personally Im more of a red/green mage, white has some nice guys like that
You know I had no idea that the name of it was blazing archon or that it was from a game.

G

giantone

Many of the tactics the devil engineers goes right over most people's heads, they don't see what is going on right in front of there eyes. The devil is always doing the same things. His attack strategy is mostly multi-step, he tries one thing and when that doesn't work he goes onto another thing.

An example would be first saying Christianity is fake, when that doesn't work (on some) next he attacks from within and sows compromise and confusion, next the devil will offer an alternative thing to believe in that is similar to what the Bible says or claims to be of the Bible that is tolerant and sounds real nice that all faiths lead to god and we are all one world order. and if we hear these things enough we start to believe them especially if we don't read the Bible.

Feb 9, 2010
That is true,there seems to be an attack against God saying He is evil,which you can see on television,and the way people talk that say God does not care about people because of natural disasters,starvation,and people whose lives are not where they want to be,and trouble in their life.

It seems like today people are complaining that God does not care about them.

That is one of the characteristics of the people who are in the last days is that they will be blasphemers.

Blasphemy is when someone says God is evil when God is good.

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth(2 Timothy 3:1-7).

These will be the characteristics of the people of the last days which include hypocrites who claim to be with Christ.

It will because of this attitude that has never been seen before that will drive them to the antichrist system because they will be so selfish and arrogant wanting to have their own way which the New Age religion is man is god himself.

When the antichrist appears he will blaspheme against God to the whole world and say it is all about man and man can solve their own problems.

At the last days many people will blaspheme against God.It was years ago that the majority of people wanted to do good with a few doing wrong and not in a big way but in the last days many people will do wrong with a few that will do good.

One of the traits of the last days is that they will be despisers of those that are good.

Jesus said when He comes back will He find faith on this earth.

At the last days the world's attitude will be worse than ever before in the history of mankind and they will rage out against God and His saints with the rage of a devil when they take the mark.It will be tougher for the saints to reach out to people because of the notion that God is evil as time goes on.

Matt

R

Ricke

This sums up the World in General, the always polluted thinking which abounds daily.

Read what Jesus told his Apostles; John 15 v 18-19 " if the world hate you, you know that it hated me before it hated you.
If you were of the world, the world would love it's own: but because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

Case in point; ever see how many things "positive" are ever spoken on TV regarding Christians/ Christianity on News programs? Does not the media love to tell negative stories playing up bigtime stories like The people who kill Abortion Doctors, or David Koresh in Waco, Texas. Or Timothy Mc Vay a
"Christian" who blew up the Federal building in Oklahoma City.

Or who among us d enough to Remember can forget The Jim Jones cult in Guyana who all committed suicide at Jim's suggestion, and the media played it up to the max about Jim and his " Church" being " Christian".

Now compare that with the non-stop adoration 24/7 for Michael Jackson for over two weeks and his fans, his music, when he died last year. That is what Jesus was telling his Apostles how the World loves it own, and negatives is the Cross we bear.

A

AgeofKnowledge

The enemy loves to deceive people. One of his favorite tools is through the use of modern false prophets and prophetesses that have new "revelations" that contradict sound scripture. They then begin to twist scripture to their new revelation, gather like minded people around themselves, and launch a new cult. Kids get raised in these cults and we see them here on this forum teaching all sorts of cult doctrines like Oneness Pentecostalist orthodoxy, Seventh Day Adventism orthodoxy, Mormonism, Jehovah Witness orthodoxy, etc... They are deceived to the extent they believe the heresy they were taught.

If you are trapped in a cult or heresy and comming to a realization of it, you should take steps to leave it behind you and enter into sound doctrine. If you are a Christian being lured into their deception, and they are often very deceptive, you need to take immediate steps and leave the heresy behind you've been flirting with. Understand that false teachers send their workers forth to steal sheep from Christian churches and they often hide their motive and purpose from Church leadership.

I recommend if you are a Christian and have been swayed by Seventh Day Adventist heresy you obtain and read Appendix B from 'The New Kingdom of the Cults' by Ravi Zacharias titled 'The Puzzle of the Seventh Day Adventists.'

May God lead you into all truth and may you know God as He really is undiluted by heresy. God bless YOU! :)

May 21, 2009
The how can children be hurt if God cares story. If you ask them what are they doing to help children they will want to change to subject. They don't blame themselves they blame God for all the bad.

G

Gabriel777

That is true,there seems to be an attack against God saying He is evil,which you can see on television,and the way people talk that say God does not care about people because of natural disasters,starvation,and people whose lives are not where they want to be,and trouble in their life.

It seems like today people are complaining that God does not care about them.

That is one of the characteristics of the people who are in the last days is that they will be blasphemers.

Blasphemy is when someone says God is evil when God is good.

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth(2 Timothy 3:1-7).

These will be the characteristics of the people of the last days which include hypocrites who claim to be with Christ.

It will because of this attitude that has never been seen before that will drive them to the antichrist system because they will be so selfish and arrogant wanting to have their own way which the New Age religion is man is god himself.

When the antichrist appears he will blaspheme against God to the whole world and say it is all about man and man can solve their own problems.

At the last days many people will blaspheme against God.It was years ago that the majority of people wanted to do good with a few doing wrong and not in a big way but in the last days many people will do wrong with a few that will do good.

One of the traits of the last days is that they will be despisers of those that are good.

Jesus said when He comes back will He find faith on this earth.

At the last days the world's attitude will be worse than ever before in the history of mankind and they will rage out against God and His saints with the rage of a devil when they take the mark.It will be tougher for the saints to reach out to people because of the notion that God is evil as time goes on.

Matt
Oh man, i get scoffed at anywhere for standing up for the right thing or for not following up with their jokes.

L

Lalilo

LOVE CONQUERS ALL. Have you ever found anyone who wants to be arguing when someone is showing love towards that person. It's about time Christians started speaking with there hearts more. The Bible tells us too.

A

Angel371

the bible says satan is a liar and the father of it, the bible also says Satan is going to fool the very elect if possible we all know the devil quotes the Word or no one would listen to him but he does not give you the understanding of the scripture he quotes and the bible says whoever hears the word and understands it thats why so many christians dont want to read thier bible because they dont understand it (the devil was there teacher) he is teaching then nothing

A

Angel371

do you really think that the devil does not know that Christ words cant lie of course he does that is why he will never teach christ words he hates the truth coming out of your saviours mouth because the devil knows no deciet lies came out of christ mouth. the devil does not obey col 3/16 let the words of christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom if he did he would be telling the truth and there is no truth in him when he speaks a lie he speaks on his own resourses hope this truth blesses you be careful we must work out our own salvation with fear and trembling get into the word and believe that it says not what man says cursed is the man that trust in man trust in christ words they cant lie