The Evidence and the Eschaton

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jcspartan

Good post! Provocative as it encourages believers to live to a higher standard and be ready so that we are not caught unprepared. Thanks

G

greatkraw

useful

nothing new

short on actual evidence

beware them as an organistion - ie Seventh Day Adventists

Nov 12, 2009
Thank you for your warning, although I felt them quite pleasant in church today, my friend ;)

Can I ask if you actually listened or if that's just a judgement on the adventist church?

useful

nothing new

short on actual evidence

beware them as an organistion - ie Seventh Day Adventists

C

charisenexcelcis

I find it interesting that the guidelines on Sabbath observance are longer than the statement of doctrines. Also note that the infallability of Ellen White is outlined in the doctrines.

Nov 12, 2009
Hmmm... it's intertesting, although not surprising to me, that this has become a discussion about a certain religion. My point to the thread the message of the particular clip of the thread and I don't recall what you posted as being in this clip.
This is not information about the SDA church...

As for the sabbath guidelines on the sabbath, the name Seventh-day Adventist...well, it's in the name lol And as for E.G. White, like all religions have authors that they read, we are instructed to find the truth in the Biblefirst and foremost. She is not required reading lol

I find it interesting that the guidelines on Sabbath observance are longer than the statement of doctrines. Also note that the infallability of Ellen White is outlined in the doctrines.

Nov 12, 2009
If you're curious to know what we believe, I have the 28 fundimental beliefs of the SDA church in my signature below. In it, E.G. White isn't mentioned ;)

C

charisenexcelcis

If you're curious to know what we believe, I have the 28 fundimental beliefs of the SDA church in my signature below. In it, E.G. White isn't mentioned ;)
Actually that's what I looked at. Ellen White is found on the section on Prophecy. With a few exceptions, the beliefs were standard Christian doctrines.

Nov 12, 2009
yes, #18, but it finishes with: They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested. (Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 12:17; 19:10.)

Anyways, this has nothing to do with the actual link... I think there should be a button we can push when we post a link that you can't comment if you don't watch it lol

Actually that's what I looked at. Ellen White is found on the section on Prophecy. With a few exceptions, the beliefs were standard Christian doctrines.

C

charisenexcelcis

yes, #18, but it finishes with: They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested. (Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 12:17; 19:10.)

Anyways, this has nothing to do with the actual link... I think there should be a button we can push when we post a link that you can't comment if you don't watch it lol
No offense intended. I live in a rural area and it is quite painful to watch a video due to how slow the service is....

Nov 12, 2009
No offense intended. I live in a rural area and it is quite painful to watch a video due to how slow the service is....
I'm not offended. I'm used to people trying to debate my faith. As I said, this thread is about this specific link, not the SDA church...and it's impossible to comment if you can't hear it *shrug* It's an audio clip, is that the same lag?

G

greatkraw

Thank you for your warning, although I felt them quite pleasant in church today, my friend ;)

Can I ask if you actually listened or if that's just a judgement on the adventist church?
i listened to the whole thing

all old news to me

he gave little in the way of documentation although i know it exists

i can see this as an outreach method for the SDA

especially people in mainline denominations would have heard little of this stuff but it would address their underlying concerns

I understand that the LDSs ALSO get most of their converts from mainline denominational membership

Nov 12, 2009
*bites tongue till it bleeds* Sometimes I wonder why I waste my time on this site... You did NOT listen to it if you're posting this. Another comment about the sda church itself. greatkraw, I think you and I can agree to disagree forever.

i listened to the whole thing

all old news to me

he gave little in the way of documentation although i know it exists

i can see this as an outreach method for the SDA

especially people in mainline denominations would have heard little of this stuff but it would address their underlying concerns

I understand that the LDSs ALSO get most of their converts from mainline denominational membership

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2009
C

charisenexcelcis

*bites tongue till it bleeds* Sometimes I wonder why I waste my time on this site... You did NOT listen to it if you're posting this. Another comment about the sda church itself. greatkraw, I think you and I can agree to disagree forever.
I listened to it last night and enjoyed it very much. Thank-you for posting it.