The Famous Question: WHAT IS SIN!!??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

Let's look at a passage first.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.
2 Thessalonians 2

SO IT"S A MYSTERY!! But is it a mystery to everyone? NO!! It is a mystery to those who are perishing.

Now, where does sin come from? Does it come from God? NO!!!! In God there is no sin. So anyone who is born of God cannot sin as long as his SEED remains in him.

1John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

So let's see then who are the ones who are deceived and who are the ones who are not deceived:

1John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
1John 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

AHA!! So this makes Jesus's commandment even more revealing:

Matt 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Matt 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Matt 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Matt 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

AMEN!!!!

AND THIS::

Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

So lets fulfill the law. Lets establish it in our hearts.

This is what defiles a man:

Matt 15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Matt 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Matt 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Matt 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Matt 15:20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

So let's walk in the Spirit:

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Now, who is our example of love....

JESUS CHRIST!!!!

May Jesus bless you.

G

Gimzani

1 Jn 3:4 “Sin is the BREAKING of the LAW!”

R

Ramon

1 Jn 3:4 “Sin is the BREAKING of the LAW!”
:):):) And what is the law, just asking for completion, not to trip you up or anything. Lol.

Dec 19, 2009
It is most useful, I think, to identify sin and remove it from our lives. Without sin, what is there to make us feel bad?

Jul 24, 2010
I thought the most famous question was, "How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?"

The world may never know.

T

TheGrungeDiva

Hi. I'm trying to grok your point here.

Are you saying that a "true" Christian (someone who has been Born from God) does not sin? Ever?

And if this is your point, then Paul was not born from God, because he admitted to sinning, even after he saw Jesus?

Or is your point more that we tend to over-analyze what is sin? As long as we love one another, we aren't sinning? So, if I kill someone, as long as I am doing it out of love, that isn't sin?

I don't mean to sound argumentative here, I'm just trying to get your point.

R

Ramon

Hi. I'm trying to grok your point here.

Are you saying that a "true" Christian (someone who has been Born from God) does not sin? Ever?

And if this is your point, then Paul was not born from God, because he admitted to sinning, even after he saw Jesus?

Or is your point more that we tend to over-analyze what is sin? As long as we love one another, we aren't sinning? So, if I kill someone, as long as I am doing it out of love, that isn't sin?

I don't mean to sound argumentative here, I'm just trying to get your point.
Many people like to interpret, but:

1John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
1John 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

T

TheGrungeDiva

Many people like to interpret, but:

1John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Okay, but that still doesn't answer my question. What is your point?

R

Ramon

Okay, but that still doesn't answer my question. What is your point?
Here is a secret that Jesus reveals:

Every time a person hears the word of God, it is received differently. Some people have hard hearts, some people have part believing and part doubting hearts, and others have pure hearts. When the word of God enters these types of hearts, it is either repelled, accepted for a while but gradually leaves, or accepted and not only accepted acted upon.

So when a person reads scriptures with a hard hearts it does nothing for them, because they are full of pride and nothing can penetrate their hearts. Yet, when a person hears with part and part, they receive the word, KNOWING THE TRUTH OF IT SEEING IT IS GOOD, but they love the things of this world much more, and make excuses not to obey, and gradually they are offended. But a person who hears the word with a pure heart receives is deeply, and they go out and perform it.

So the point is all in how you hear it. But here is what the Lord says about when we determine to hear with our own ears:

18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

And right away they respond and he clarifies it:

19 ¶Then came to him his mother and his brethren, and could not come at him for the press.
20 And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.
21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.
Luke 8

May Jesus bless you.